Cinema Screens Paranormal Activity 4 Instead of Madagascar 3

Sep 14, 2009
lol at all the internet tough gaiyz saying "lol showing a comedy film?"

just because it isn't scary for you, doesn't mean it isn't scary for someone else, i know some people who find it comedy while some find it horrifically scary, just depends on what gets you i guess. curious to see what some of you think is scary though in movie terms.

OT: while it's good the cinema gave them a refund + showing within the next half hour, the kids will be fine, nothing like growing a little hair on your chest from seeing disturbing images as a child ;)

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
It would of been better if it was Sinister. Instead of a plain ol jump scare, show the opening scene of a family (including a child) with bags over their heads being slowly hung from a tree. Then I could possibly understand the whole "scarring them for life" thing... >:D

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Here's the thing that bothers me, before every movie there's like 30 fucking minutes of previews and other nonsense and they always coincide with the rating of the movie you're going to see.
If this truly was a mistake did no one go...hey they're showing teen stuff and possibly the low R stuff...shouldn't we be seeing like Disney ads and other cartoonish shit?

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I'm sure this will be a real ordeal for some of these kids...

and as someone who considers the only thing more insufferable than children in general to be children in cinemas, my heart is filled with jubilation and the thought of their trauma.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Maybe they should of watched a little bit of
instead of Madagascar 3 during this time of year.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
Mistake .... right. I'm sure the person/people playing the film were laughing their ass off when everyone started running for the exits.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Beffudled Sheep said:
Gilhelmi said:
OuendanCyrus said:
This pleases me greatly.
You need help, Professional help.

OT: I like too remind people that only a few short centuries ago, children were exposed too everything in life, the good, bad, evil, pure. BUT...

With that said. Really? I mean, I suppose it is possible that the film was in the wrong can, but still even that mistake is really stupid. I would be in great favor of the theater paying for therapy for everyone. I mean, those kids will have nightmares for months too come.
I don't see why therapy is necessary at all. A few nightmares from a "scary" movie isn't going to destroy a child's sanity and send it into some sort of wild, dribbling state of psychosis(Exaggeration).

Everybody has nightmares right? Some can be quite scary. But I fail to see how that should be a reason for therapy...

Forgive me if my post seems aggressive, I am in a bad mood and it might be seeping into my posts.
Well for 95-99% you are correct. Everyone gets nightmares, and most of the children will not have problems after a few weeks/months. But really 1-5% might have future problems.

I should have specified this, the Theater should OFFER therapy too anyone who might need it. Parents included, I have seen some studies that suggest that the parents might actually suffer more physiological injury because their children were perceived danger, even if not real, the physiological effects are still there.

Oct 2, 2012
Gilhelmi said:
I am not a parent and didn't have any of my own so I'll take your word on the parents being the bigger receiver of trauma. Honestly though I don't see why the parents are so scared. Maybe I'll understand once I have my own kids but I honestly don't understand how over-protective parents can be. Life is an experience with many trials and moments of suffering. Freaking out over things as small as this I believe will do more harm than good to future generations. If you have some kind of scientific evidence that points towards over-protectiveness being better though I will definitely take it into consideration.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
lacktheknack said:
TO EVERYONE DISMISSING THE "SCARRED FOR LIFE" STATEMENT:

The guy who designed Giygas, the destroyer of childhoods, based it off his recollections of a violent and horrific scene he had accidentally seen in a theater as a child.

Check and mate.

OT: Could have been worse. My family went to "Night at the Museum" and they started playing "Ghost Rider" instead.

In all seriousness, this was pretty dang unfortunate. There's not very many cinema tech issues that have worse mix-ups than this.

Some of these comments... you guys make me uncomfortable...
Uncomfortable? Have you seen your avatar? Holy fuck I was about to go to bed, fat chance of that happening now. Christ.

OT: This actually happened to me as a kid, but with sky movies. I'm fine, kids should be too.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
dogstile said:
lacktheknack said:
Uncomfortable? Have you seen your avatar? Holy fuck I was about to go to bed, fat chance of that happening now. Christ.
What? It's two characters from Full Metal Jacket with doll faces stitched on. I don't think there's anything creepy about that at all.

<youtube=fgOaT4xzdvo&start=3&autoplay=1>

I'm a terrible person.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
lacktheknack said:
TO EVERYONE DISMISSING THE "SCARRED FOR LIFE" STATEMENT:

The guy who designed Giygas, the destroyer of childhoods, based it off his recollections of a violent and horrific scene he had accidentally seen in a theater as a child.

Check and mate.

OT: Could have been worse. My family went to "Night at the Museum" and they started playing "Ghost Rider" instead.

In all seriousness, this was pretty dang unfortunate. There's not very many cinema tech issues that have worse mix-ups than this.

Screw paranormal activity Your avatar has scarred me for life.

OT: The kids will eventually get over it. I thought I was scarred for life when I saw childs play as a kid. I had some nightmares but I got over it.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Yes. YES. THIS... YES.

I'm guessing this happens more frequently than is reported. But having it reported is so... cathartic. I want this to be every day's headline: "kids scared shitless, parents mad, cinema complacent". Great.

This has genuinely made my day.

...I just read that back. I am a terrible person.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
There are multiple here who are pleasured by the idea that children were scared. Either you have bad taste in jokes or you need to reevaluate you lives.

Anyway, I think "taking steps to ensure it never happens again" means that some guy just got fired... hard. That's practically something that should get you fired anyways since other screw ups like this could violate laws and contracts regarding movies and licenses.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
These kids must be traumatised...
Being made to watch such a bad movie, they'll be scarred for life.