Cinema Screens Paranormal Activity 4 Instead of Madagascar 3

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
I've worked in the projection booth and I know exactly how that can happen (if they use the same system we did). Paranormal Activity was running once or twice in the evening on that screen and Madacascar was during the day, the projectionist threaded the wrong film between showings ><

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Corruption of the innocent. Is they're really any type of evil with more payoff. Not really.

Let the night terrors begin!!!

What can I say.... ohh the poor children. I'm not here to spare feelings.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Ryan Hughes said:
Well, these screw ups happen, especially with the rush towards digital cinema, a projectionist no longer has to physically thread the wrong film into the projector for this to happen. Still, the trailer sets should have differed greatly between the two films, and the error should have been caught as soon as they started showing trailers for R-rated films -or the equivalent- before the movie proper.
Yeah, I don't think I've seen something that was honest to god bright light through colored celluloid in /years./ Granted, from what I've heard about UK cinema, I wouldn't expect local theaters outside of the major cities to be as up to date as the ones in Florida (we seem to be right up there with New York and California in the "getting new technology early" department), but still. I think someone chose the wrong playlist XP

Then again, I'm not sure how these digital projection systems work. I've heard that at least some of the early ones came on dedicated hard drives which had to be swapped out for each movie because two hours at 2K or better resolution took up so much memory that it was the only feasible way to distribute the things. Anyone know if they still work that way?

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
As others have mentioned...Scarred for life, from one stupid scene?

No way. They'll have some nightmares or whatever, but as long as the parents don't EXPECT the kids to be scarred for life, the kids will, barring some fucked up unlikely scenarios, turn out just fine. It's the parents that immediately try to institutionalize their kid or get them therapy that will cause the most lasting damage to them.

There are two absolutely terrifying scenes from movies from my childhood that I distinctly remember being appalled by, and while both gave me lasting nightmares, neither of them affected me even into middle school, let alone into high school or beyond.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
I've only seen the first Paranormal Activity and that movie totally made me jump from my seat... Because something finally happened and I was afraid I missed it after sitting through so much boring.

Paranormal Activity the scariest movie since the Exorcist? Really?

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Ah this is absolutely hilarous.

And "Scarred for life"? Really? They'll get over it.

I saw scary movies as a kid when I wasn't supposed to, and I turned out just fine. Now where did I put that bloodied murder stick?

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
lacktheknack said:
dogstile said:
lacktheknack said:
Some of these comments... you guys make me uncomfortable...
Uncomfortable? Have you seen your avatar? Holy fuck I was about to go to bed, fat chance of that happening now. Christ.
What? It's two characters from Full Metal Jacket with doll faces stitched on. I don't think there's anything creepy about that at all.

[That video is horrifying, sir. You are a mortifying person!]
No offense, but I saw the "EEEHHHH EEEHHHHH" above your avatar and noticed the hat. (The RCMP's red uniform includes it) I thought it was a jab at the Canadian tenancy to say "eeh" every now and then.

For the record, I haven't said "eeh" since I saw that avatar the first time.

ON TOPIC! I also agree with the earlier statement that Paranormal Activity is a bit spooky. Te first movie (and only) I saw had me looking over my shoulder on the way back to the apartment. (Lived in the same building) and I felt a little worried when the heavy front door closed.

Might have been the alcohol though. Man, I was a heavy drinker back then.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
IronSuplex said:
Could be worse...they could've shown a scary movie.
Regardless I have a feeling this was done deliberately.
Imagine if they showed Pet Cemetery by accident. That would have scared the kids so badly to be sure. I feel bad for the kids though because I know how bad it can be when you watch a scary movie at a young age. Bad babysitter plus Pet Cemetery plus her not knowing I wasn't in bed equals me not sleeping well for a week.

OT: I share the sentiment of others in this thread in that people actually think that Paranormal Activity is scary? I will admit that the first was one scary, but after that I felt that it wasn't that scary.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
BeerTent said:
lacktheknack said:
dogstile said:
lacktheknack said:
Some of these comments... you guys make me uncomfortable...
Uncomfortable? Have you seen your avatar? Holy fuck I was about to go to bed, fat chance of that happening now. Christ.
What? It's two characters from Full Metal Jacket with doll faces stitched on. I don't think there's anything creepy about that at all.

[That video is horrifying, sir. You are a mortifying person!]
No offense, but I saw the "EEEHHHH EEEHHHHH" above your avatar and noticed the hat. (The RCMP's red uniform includes it) I thought it was a jab at the Canadian tenancy to say "eeh" every now and then.

For the record, I haven't said "eeh" since I saw that avatar the first time.
THAT HAT ISN'T BROWN! D:

While yes, us Canadians do say "eh", this is just me selecting an avatar and title to freak people out.

It's working beautifully. >:D

FireAza

Aug 16, 2011
Grey Carter said:
Technical screw up exposes children as young as five to a poorly-received horror film.
That right there is the true horror. "WAAAAAAH! Mummy! This film is mundane, tripe and the director is a talentless hack!"

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
This is a joke right? I saw Madagascar and the idea of having to watch it again is scarier than all the PA movies combined. The parents should be thanking the cinema for showing something more wholesome.

People don't become scarred for life from a scary movie no matter what that giygas guys claims, you have to have serious problems other then seeing something off putting to get that kind of emotional trauma, all the movie did was give him a lazy mans imaginative kick to work off of.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Beffudled Sheep said:
Gilhelmi said:
OuendanCyrus said:
This pleases me greatly.
You need help, Professional help.

OT: I like too remind people that only a few short centuries ago, children were exposed too everything in life, the good, bad, evil, pure. BUT...

With that said. Really? I mean, I suppose it is possible that the film was in the wrong can, but still even that mistake is really stupid. I would be in great favor of the theater paying for therapy for everyone. I mean, those kids will have nightmares for months too come.
I don't see why therapy is necessary at all. A few nightmares from a "scary" movie isn't going to destroy a child's sanity and send it into some sort of wild, dribbling state of psychosis(Exaggeration).

Everybody has nightmares right? Some can be quite scary. But I fail to see how that should be a reason for therapy...

Forgive me if my post seems aggressive, I am in a bad mood and it might be seeping into my posts.
i agree with you. the theater did everyone a favour and they hate them for it. this is why we cant have nice thigns :(

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Oh, what a terrible run in of bad luck. But hey, it could have been worse; they could've been showing a horror movie or something like that.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
It could have been worse; they could have ended up seeing Madagascar 3.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
Come on, the film isn't even scary.
Seriously, a person getting thrown at the camera? Sure, it would've made the kids jump and maybe even made a few of them cry from the surprise, but "scar them for life?" Please... Maybe if they'd seen a really gruesome scene from one of the Saw films, that could've scarred them, but a cheap jump scare?

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
Wow...it's like parents letting their kids go see the original Night of the Living Dead not knowing it would scare the shit out of them. Sometimes kids need to be scared by something, makes them tougher, see the harshness of the world and appreciate what they have and don't have to deal with.

On the same hand, it's kind of bad when the only way to get people to watch PA4 is to put it on during the screening of another movie...it was just so damn disappointing...adding more to the lore than it explained...and all but securing a PA5 that will probably be out this spring, or next fall

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
I saw paranormal activity 1 and it was all cheesy that scene is no worse than a bad screamer.
doubt the kids will have any long lasting physiologic issues from it, but they might have a bad nightmare or two.

if You want to scar someone have them read cupcakes