Classes or races you don't play as in RPGs

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Lyri said:
Paladins. I don't play them at all and frankly you light wielding nancys can go jump off a bridge.
Is there evil under the bridge? Paladin away!

OT: I really don't like Druids. They are a bunch of Neo-Pagens who sit around in the woods and smoke pot. And the whole "Must be neutral" thing is kinda silly. Nature has elements that are of every alignment.

Tassarus

Apr 8, 2011
WoW, and Orcs. period. NOOOOO ORCS. or Goblins. or Worgen. give me a Forsaken (Horde Undead) over Orc. my main is a Night Elf Hunter, and while i play MANY caster classes, martial (weapon-reliant) classes are my main focus and specialty, even if theyre in the minority of my characters.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Warriors/Fighters. I like options. Rarely do heavy melee do anything besides charge in a smash stuff. Mages, and casters in general, usually have multiple options when it comes to spells. Same with rogues.

Catie Caraco

Jun 27, 2011
There are types I prefer, like elf/mages, especially with heals and buffs. Those are my absolute favorite to play, and my 'main' dragon age character is an elf mage. I HATE what they did to the elves in Dragon Age 2, like I want to go on an Exalted March to Bioware's headquarters and tell them that sh*t don't fly.

Anyway.. back on topic... Like I said, I've tried pretty much everything I can get my hands on. I suppose I'm best in a supporting role, not really the limelight. Though I'd love to see a good combination of spell slinging and sword wielding. I like the Arcane Warrior in Dragon Age, but unlocking that first is hard. I also like classes that let me have a pet.

Sep 14, 2009
never play weird ass races like lizard things or cat people (can't think of specific names just throwing those out there)

I'm always human or elf, could care less about orc or dwarfs..ESPECIALLY dwarfs, fuck em

I hardly ever play mages..maybe my 5-6th playthrough i will if i'm bored, which is odd, as in kotor/star wars I ALWAYS go force user, every.single.time.

i do rogues alot, although usually i do a swashbuckler kind of character with duel wielding, whether its swords or daggers i prefer doing fast and hard crit hits.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Little people. I can't play as little people.

Hobbits, halflings, gnomes, none of that is bearable to me. Dwarves are borderline at best. I can play any other form of elf, demon, tentacle monster and whatnot, but I can't play a short person. And I'm not quite sure why. I don't have anything against short people, a lot of my friends are short and I find petite girls quite hot. I just can't play a character under 170cm in height.

TonyVonTonyus

Dec 4, 2010
I never play as a dwarf, I don't know why. Maybe I don't want to be an extremely short, violent, alcoholic man with a beard...I'm a tall, violent, acoholic man with a beard dammit! I also never play as rogues.

In oblivion I never play as orcs, Khajit or Argonians. I prefer to look like a human being.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I generally hate playing as a healer related class. I'm a type of guy who played character using sword, magic (being direct at it) than being the supportive character taking the back seat.

Araksardet

Jun 5, 2011
I never play dwarf-type races, or white humans, if I can help it, and I never play warrior-type melee classes, unless they've got lots of magic with them (like WoW's Shaman). I also don't play priest classes.

I tend towards the human-sized-but-not-human races and hybrid/ranged/magical classes.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Typical rogues or archers, but in a game like Oblivion I will don a cloak and roll with a sneaky knife from time to time (stealth in that game is just too fun to miss out).

I cannot stand playing as elves or orcs. Orcs are ugly, retarded, and generic as shit. Elves just look ridiculous and are typically wankers. I rarely play as gnome or dwarf type dudes, but will do if they aren't generic designs.

I hate the Khajit in TES games, but really enjoy the Argonians, due to water breathing and immunity to poison/disease. Plus, reptiles are sweet.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
My characters always sort of end up being Arnold Schwarzenegger's Conan, no matter how I start off. A giant burly bastard with a big sword that sneaks in to a place then kills everyone getting back out...

If anything I avoid classes that limit my options. Like I've never played as the Cat or Lizard people in The Elder Scrolls because they can't ware shoes. Or as dwarfs in some games because they can't use magic.

I like being able to create Jack of all trade classes apposed to one trick ponies.

sniddy_v1legacy

Jul 10, 2010
Humans - becuase they tend to be too generic & dull

And straight up spellslinger mage types....our poor mage, he casts magic missile....or magic missile....and maybe once in a while, something else

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
In computer games, I never ever pick a class which has virtually no melee or close quarters capability in a party-based game, especially Dragon Age mages. I like playing my character, not an NPC, and to do that, I have to lead the party into battle. If I'm a squishy mage, I die. If I was in some kind of multiplayer or tabletop RPG, I'd love to be a mage.

As for races, I will never, ever be a Khajit, unless Bethesda makes M'aiq playable somehow.

regalphantom

Feb 10, 2011
Don't play table-top RPG's so my response is more to the videogamer crowd. I tend to avoid any class that has an overly-linear play style. I don't mind when my class does A well, as long as I have other options within the class just in case A isn't really working for me. For example, in Oblivion, if I make a combat oriented character I'm going to make sure that he's proficient in at least one school of magic.

Also, I tend to avoid classes which take up a large amount of inventory space. I prefer to only have to go through a dungeon once, and like to be able to go in, loot everything, and leave in a single trip. As a rule of thumb, I generally like to be able to carry 2 weapons, armour, and various other resources (food, healthpacks, ammo, repair kits, etc.) and still have at least half of my inventory available for loot, and classes based around heavy weapons/armour don't allow that. In Fallout 3, for example, I never used Big Guns because I hated having a quarter of my inventory space being taken up by a single weapon, and if it was not for the boost to strength I would never touch something as heavy as Power Armour.

Slick Samurai

Jul 3, 2009
I have an intense draw to the underdog class. The class that doesn't have anything special about them except their ability to get things done. Things like the warrior or soldier who don't rely on magic or trickery, just martial prowess and a colossal weapon.

As for races, I tend to be a little more lenient to being special. I usually won't go human unless I can help it, preferring dwarves, orcs, or half-orcs. Unless the game has a specific underdog race, like the Dragon Age elves. My Warrior City Elf makes the story so much more glorious.

ipop@you

Oct 3, 2008
I never really play healers, I try from time to time but I never enjoy it and end up changing my character talents/stats to deal damage instead.

As for races there's nothing I particularly don't like but I usually fit the character to the race so I'll play small, light races like elves as mages or occasionally rogues and I'll play a warrior with a race like dwarf or human male then rogues are usually female humans or a small race.

(Based off the typical RPG elements think of a Dragon Age/The Elder Scrolls type of deal