Clementime Returning in Walking Dead Season Two

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I was kinda hoping Clementine wouldn't come back. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death. It's just that characters in this series have a tendency to die horribly and I'd like to know that all of Lee's efforts in the first game were not in vain.

As for Kenny, I had a feeling they might do this. I read in an interview somewhere with Kenny's voice-actor that they re-recorded his final scene to be more 'ambiguous'. Supposedly the original made it pretty clear what happened to him, zombie growls and all. They wouldn't do that if they weren't going to reuse him in some way.

Joe136

Mar 15, 2011
I haven't read any of the replies, nor the main post (other than the title.)

However, please try to not put spoilers in the title? I've recently just started playing, and I was doing my best to protect Clementine under all circumstances.

Thanks to your title though, I can now assume that she'll live no matter what. Thanks a lot.

Richard Swartz

Jan 14, 2013
Lieju said:
Why would they want to retcon Kenny back to life?

Was there a huge outcry from his fans or something?

I'm guessing you either find him dead or as a zombie.
I'm thinking he'll have a chapter in which he initially escapes certain death, but eventually is taken down by the hordes, as a sort of connected event with Clem's return. Possibly helps her escape the city before we see her in the field? Who knows.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Lieju said:

The article said "will be explored," not "will show up," meaning they could go into some background on him from some relatives, or find out some clues about his past, or maybe just that he for sure is dead after that grim but still ambiguous final scene. Anything that tells us more than what he already know would qualify as "exploring" the character.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
Kenny's alive. I knew it. I fucking knew it.

As soon as I saw his death scene, I immediately knew he probably wasn't dead. It's just the way of things. No body, no death.

Phoenix1213

Sep 2, 2009
I don't really understand all of the "she shouldn't be in it" or "She should just be a small cameo, it should be about new people" comments. For me one of the main appeals of Season 2 would be to actually see all of Lee's choices, actions, and lesson's impact how Clementine develops and evolves as a character. For instance in one person's game she might be a nice, supportive, accepting character... While in another she'd be a completely cold, hardened person who only cares about survival and personal gain. Maybe one or two other variations as well. I mean nothing TOO big, just a decent amount of variance in how she responds to some of those tense moments.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Gatx said:
Lieju said:

The article said "will be explored," not "will show up," meaning they could go into some background on him from some relatives, or find out some clues about his past, or maybe just that he for sure is dead after that grim but still ambiguous final scene. Anything that tells us more than what he already know would qualify as "exploring" the character.
I'm thinking that since the first season takes place within a 5 month period, the second season could run alongside the first season, with a new cast occasionally running into the first group.