Clicks and Giggles: Riddle Me This

Hyperrhombus

Mar 31, 2011
since there seems to be no reply, i took the liberty of googling above riddle... you were correct, gameoni! riddle please!

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
kane82 said:
well since no one seems to be answering you can answer this or just ignore it

-I dreamed I saw a fairy's dance,
Upon the midnight sky.
Where lights, like lantern's grew,
Without a whim, or a why.
Amid their joy,
Amid their dance,
I came running into their midst.
But with nar'ry a sound,
They drew away,
And fell into the mist.
Oh, I saw them again,
But only from very far.
Dancing in the air at night,
Like tiny lanterns, or tiny stars.-

btw, looking for a new icon give me suggestion here,in my escapist inbox or my email [email protected]
gameoni said:
Is there a riddle in this.... What r u ask... What are they? I will give that a shot and say a firefly
Bump, bump, bump, bump the dying thread

gameoni

Jun 9, 2010
Ok,
A child is sitting on his grandfathers lap when he looks up and says "grandpa how old are you" the old man looks down at the child and says
"son I have lived many years and have seen many things. but as of last year I have only seen my birthday 20 times". So how old is the man?

Panzervaughn

Jul 19, 2009
80. he was born on February 29th of a Leap Year.

What can you put in an empty barrel to make it lighter? (No helium, smartarses)

gameoni

Jun 9, 2010
Panzervaughn said:

One thou you are right Please wait for the person asking the riddle to say so before asking your riddle. two please quote that person so that they know that you made a guess and three..... A hole

Panzervaughn

Jul 19, 2009
gameoni said:
Panzervaughn said:

One thou you are right Please wait for the person asking the riddle to say so before asking your riddle. two please quote that person so that they know that you made a guess and three..... A hole
Sorry about the lack of quote,
not sorry about not waiting.
And Yes.

gameoni

Jun 9, 2010
Ok then,
you see me when you wake in the morn and i am with you all day but you lose me at midnight and midday. What am I?

The Thinker

Jan 22, 2011
Panzervaughn said:
>.> I lose my shadow at midday, and from 8pm-5am.
Yeah... I really isn't a perfect riddle. And speaking of riddles that aren't perfect:

Which has more legs, a goose, or no goose? And add your reason why, because there are only two options.

[small] "Because otherwise it wouldn't be a riddle" is not a valid answer.[/small]

gameoni

Jun 9, 2010
The Thinker said:
Which has more legs, a goose, or no goose? And add your reason why, because there are only two options.

[small] "Because otherwise it wouldn't be a riddle" is not a valid answer.[/small]
ok i have to admit this one has me perplexed.... but I'm going to say no goose... i don't know why i think there is some sorta trick question here

Hyperrhombus

Mar 31, 2011
Hmm... Ill go with no goose. Is it something to do with the number of syllables? each syllable being a "leg" of the word...

The Thinker

Jan 22, 2011
gameoni said:
The Thinker said:

ok i have to admit this one has me perplexed.... but I'm going to say no goose... i don't know why i think there is some sorta trick question here
Right answer, but you need the reason why.
Hyperrhombus said:
Hmm... Ill go with no goose. Is it something to do with the number of syllables? each syllable being a "leg" of the word...
Right answer, wrong reason. It has nothing to do with syllables.

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
The Thinker said:

I would say no goose, and I'm gonna take a shot at this and the two options are insects and quadripeds?

The Thinker

Jan 22, 2011
FilipJPhry said:
The Thinker said:

I would say no goose, and I'm gonna take a shot at this and the two options are insects and quadripeds?
Oh! I'm sorry if I was unclear: I meant "goose" and "no goose" were the only two options.

[small] I think that means that that guess didn't count, along with the one that only guessed "no goose".[/small]

Hyperrhombus

Mar 31, 2011
Okay, is it no goose, because "no" is in fact an abbreviation of number, ie "No." , implying more than one goose, therefore more legs?

The Thinker

Jan 22, 2011
Hyperrhombus said:
Okay, is it no goose, because "no" is in fact an abbreviation of number, ie "No." , implying more than one goose, therefore more legs?
Nope. I would have written "No. goose" and riddled (no pun intended) my post with errors, hoping people wouldn't catch it. [small]Hmm... I should do that sometime.[/small]
Panzervaughn said:
No goose, because if it isnt a goose, its a centipede?
Close, but no cigar. Needs rephrasing, and probably in a way you won't think of. Yay! Vagueness!