Clock Possibly Counting Down to Modern Warfare 3 Announcement

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I wonder if they will explain Makarov and Shepard's actual relationship. Did Shepard make a deal with Makarov? Or did he manipulate him or just take advantage of the situation?

Why did he kill Ghost? Why did he do pretty much EVERYTHING he did in the 3rd act?

May 5, 2010
Simalacrum said:
Wait a minute, I swear that
you truced(ish) with Makarov after that American general person turned out to be a total douche?
Yeah, but only because
he thought he was about to die anyway. Plus, he said if he survived, you owed him a favor.

Anyway, as long as it's as fun as MW2's campaign(which I maintain had nothing wrong with it, apart from maybe the length) I'll be happy.

Ridiculousness is just fine by me as long as it's fun.

You guys remember fun, right?

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Huh, interesting.

..Still not going to buy it, though. I've boycotted Activision already.

Though to say, my most favorite Modern Warfare game was the very first, when there was actually a valid plot to compliment the gameplay. Now? Psssfffhh.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
Funny, I just reinstalled CoD4 today and I'm having a blast.

Hang on a second... I've just had a crazy crackpot theory about all these third instalments of great series coming out in 2011! It's 2012!

Think about it, BF3 foretells the first part of the end which has already at least started, with NATO forces causing destruction to the Middle-East then MW3 happens with USA and Russia warring, destroying two of the world's largest super-powers. Finally, ME3 foretells the Reapers coming and finishing the job.

BE WARNED! THE END HAS BEEN PREDICTED WITH THE LAST EPIC GAMES OF THE YEAR! BE WAAAAAAARNED!

[sub]This is a joke.[/sub]

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
*Puts on a gypsy pose* This countdown will be for Modern Warfare 3, which will be released sometime in November of 2011. It will have a stupid "War bullets bang" story with the same fucking gameplay where you walk like you're floating on roller skates. There will be zero actual innovation or deviations from the CoD formula. It will have cinematic setpieces that will very skillfully make you forget about the godawful main gameplay.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Hm, I can see plenty of things that can go wrong here. Don't most counters end in a server crashing?

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
MW3 will be my last Call of Duty game. Black Ops killed the franchise for me, but I want to know how Soap's story ends.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Yes, I am going to be that guy, and I am going to post just to say I couldn't give a fuck.

All we'll have from now until November is stuff on this fucking game. And for the love of all that is holy, its got to the point where we're praising the original MW for having a good/interesting/well-written story. That is what this series has done to people!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH-

*head explodes*

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Meh, if MW3 comes out I'll buy it just because I've been following the MW games since the first one. But after that I'm done with Call of Duty.

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
findmakarov.com
Creativity is just endlessly coming out of their mouths.
But I'll probably play this as I never actually manage to hold my word and avoid CoD.

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
I love all the people who act like they hate cod and buy the games anyway, It says a lot about Commitment.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Simalacrum said:
Wait a minute, I swear that
you truced(ish) with Makarov after that American general person turned out to be a total douche?
Are you honestly trying to make sense out of that games plot?

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Attempting to give a shit about a game that's probably going to be the same as the last Modern Warfare games

Attempt retry #1
Attempt retry #2
Attempt retry #3

System crashing. Error. Abort process.

Yup

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
eh, depends. if the rumors are true and it's a prequel about Ghost (you know, the NOT Gaz that no one cared about?) then I probably wont buy it (depends on the gameplay. a game could have a totally ASS story but be really really fun). but if it indeed wraps up the cocktease ending from the last Michael Bay Ameri-gasm Runny Gunny Explodey Shootey Not Make A Whole Lot Of Sensey Blowout, I might be SLIGHTLY more inclined to check it out

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
eh if you want me whn this come out il be playing either Battlefield 3 if its out first and if not il be on Minecraft, Dwarf Fortress or maybe even Starcraft 1.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Captain Placeholder said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
HankMan said:
This isn't Modern Warfare fools!
This means we only have five days left to find the island and reset the timer, HURRY! WE STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL WILL HAPPEN IF WE DON'T!
Well, we do know it'll have a shitty ending...

*Flame Shield: Activated*

OT: Hmmm, another CoD title I'll play over my friend's place and decide not to get.
I liked the ending to MW2... I liked the story in MW2... It felt like a giant action B movie which was great...

So... yea...

Also... Dots rule!...
Actually, I was talking about the ending of Lost... so yeah...