combine 2 games to make one amazing game

persephone

Poisoned by Pomegranates
May 2, 2012
masshalo said:
persephone said:
Skyrim and Zelda also both have amazing, fun combat,
Skyrim....Someone in this universe actually called Skyrim's combat amazing and fun....I'd never though I'd see the day...
Well, if you want to feel like an invincible god ramming your way through meaningless legions, then yes, Skryim's combat is amazing and fun. If you want *challenge*, then no, it is not. When I feel like a challenge, I generally play other games! It all depends what you're looking for in your combat experience, really, and that not only varies from person to person, but also from mood to mood within a single person.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
mysecondlife said:
I've always wondered if it would make a good game if you combined Harvest Moon and Persona 4.

Part time farmer/miner/fisher, part time savior of the world.
You'd max out your diligence pretty quickly.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Dark Souls + Don't Starve
Essentially, Dark Souls with a ton of crafting and a hunger and sanity meter. Also a day and night cycle. You have to reach a bonfire before night falls, unless you have a light source. Otherwise you get eaten by a grue.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Any 3D Zelda game and Sparkster. Imagine traversing a dungeon with flaming somersaults and a jetpack.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Assassin's Creed IV: Blood Dragon

You are legendary cyber commando bludd stone, and your mission is to purge the west indies sea of evil omega force cyborgs and hunt down blood dragons and cyber sharks and stuff. You do this with your trusty blaster and your twin lightsabers and your hovering ship, the Big Woody. You can board omega force ships and take them over like in AC IV, and you can flip them the bird like in Blood Dragon. And you hunt sharks and whales with your trusty laser harpoons.

I really want to play this now.

Jan 18, 2012
The Force Unleashed+Metal Gear Rising

Take the setting of Star Wars and add in the combat mechanics, colorful bosses, and over-the-top fight scenes of Rising. You don't even have to be a force user, though that would help with some of the more bombastic moments (see: flipping over a metal gear Ray and slicing it in half).

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
Dead Rising (with making anything an improvised weapon and the copious amounts of gibbing and gore) and Saints Row (mainly the character customization and the zaniness). Think about gibbing zombies with a dildo sword. With superpowers. Yes. All of the yes.

Also, can there be a LEGO Doctor Who game now? Please? Like London would be the hub world, and the Tardis is fully explorable and where you go to do missions? That seems SOOOOO ripe for the LEGO treatment.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
GamemasterAnthony said:
Blaze the Dragon said:
Bayonetta and Pokemon.

I'll uh, let you figure out the rest. (I don't really know where I'm going with this either)
Considering the kinda creatures she fights, that sounds like a Shin Megumi Tensai game.

Actually...I had an idea for a cross between Pokémon and Chess, where all the different Pokémon had different ways of moving on the board or certain Abilities which could affect gameplay. You could even score an extra turn if your type was super effective against a piece you just captured. Unfortunately...with the 700+ Pokémon we now have, that would be a tall order to try and figure out. Still...it would be fun to see such a game created.
it could work like a ccg as in wager pokemon for battle build your pieces as to what pokemon it'd be interesting if done
Shoggoth2588 said:
Allow me to build a pair of text walls to make the two greatest games we will likely never see. Both are Comic Book adaptations and if either of these happen then my faith in the triple-A games industry will be renewed.

The Punisher has had a few games but none of them really captured his persona in the way the first movie did (War Zone however captured his persona from the NES and, PS2/Xbox games). I loved the Hitman games when I was younger and while I suck at them now, conceptually I still think they're brilliant. If you've never played a Hitman game, the setup is basically this: Kill person A (and possibly B, C and/or D) then get the Hell out of the level before you're discovered or, killed yourself. Agent 47 is dropped in the middle of a sprawling level populated with enemy NPCs, civilian NPCs and, multiple places to hide yourself, your equipment, places to enter/exit buildings aside from the main doors/windows, etc. The Punisher was made up as a character very much LIKE Agent 47 only he specifically targets mob bosses, mob families, etc. Now, I mentioned the Arkham series too didn't I? This is because hand-to-hand combat is virtually non-existent in Hitman and Frank "The Punisher" Castle is an ex Navy Seal ie; a human being who can murder the average person without a weapon. In Hitman, you can be spotted and murdered pretty easily. Adding in the awesome Arkham fighting system would make it so that less experienced players can mess up without feeling like they're completely fucked out of a decent rating. Another Arkham-Element that can be used in a Punisher game is the introduction of famous Marvel villains and/or heroes who Castle could fight and, potentially kill during his missions. He's a murderer after all so it's reasonable to expect people like Captain America or Spider-Man having a problem with Castle's methods. Also, the people he is trying to kill are wealthy mafiosos who can afford to hire protection from people like Iron Fist and, Luke Cage...probably...I could be wrong about those two since they are Heroes for Hire and not outright mercs...OH! DEADPOOL CAN BE A PERSON WHO IS HIRED TO PROTECT AGAINST CASTLE!!
I now want a punisher game like that it sounds too good to pass up

O.T. Borderlands 2+unreal tournament+mirror's edge shoot'n loot+arena combat+parkour just to see if there can be skills or if everything would be too OP still seems like crazy fun and it'd shake things up

ChaplainOrion

Nov 7, 2011
Warhammer 40,000:Space Marine gameplay + Mass Effect campaign + Dawn of War II customization
Hell just let Fantasy Flight Games make it.
Space Marine felt right gameplay-wise, but story-wise... it fell pretty flat.

I just want to be able to have all the space hi-jinks of Mass Effect and combine it with the utter grimdark brutality of Warhammer! The Normandy and its crew are the members of the elite Deathwatch and you have to kill a bunch of aliens. Come on, the Reapers = Evil Chaos plot #322.
And no confusing and useless love interests too. Instead of deciding on whether or not you're gonna bang that alien, you're just gonna try to figure out what color they'll turn when you light them with holy flames, fun!

Maybe this will bring up GW stocks too.
You listening you greedy corporate pigs?

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Kid Icarus Uprising with Xenoblade. Now, I know what you're thinking "What kind of a madness filled combination is THAT?!" Well, lemme explain~ Imagine like... a faster travel system than walking (In exchange for normal fast travel), but it takes the rail shooter style of the air combat in Uprising with randomly spawning enemies and such. Then on the ground, it's basically Uprising with RPG elements and bigger, more epic bosses.

I dunno, I've got nothing else in mind XD I love Uprising, so have a huge open world to explore instead of linear levels would be so much fun

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Red Orchestra and Star Wars Battlefront.

Crawling along the slopes of Hoth as a Stormtrooper, trying to avoid getting instantly killed by blaster fire from the unseen rebel defenders, darting from one smoldering walker wreck to another as you advance under the cover of smoke and dirt thrown up by artillery fire, trying not to make a target for the fighters strafing your advancing team as you and your squad carefully move up just close enough to throw some grenades into the trenches and rush the objective en masse.

ldgoodpobad

Jun 12, 2010
Shadow of the Colossus and Spider-man Two (or the double hookshots from Zelda). You swing around to fight giant monsters by swinging around to get to there week point (I am hopping beyond reason that someone will make a good Atack on Titan game like this)

Sir Pootis

Aug 4, 2012

OT: God Hand + Kid Icarus Uprising.

Basically, a spectacle fighter with KI: U's dodge mechanic and weapon system, God Hand's brutal difficulty and God Meter system (except instead of a magic super powered hand you get a golden minigun or something). With Dissidia Final Fantasy's air-dashing thrown in, because what the hell.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
I see multiple Zelda hybrids already. Now I feel plagiaristic. Oh well.

Zelda + Skyrim.

I've always said my favourite aspect of the former series has been the exploration and side quests, and it usually has a much more clearly-defined main goal than any Elder Scrolls game; go find 7 or 8 mcguffins hidden in dungeons scattered throughout the incredibly vast world, preferably in any order you like (one thing I like about A Link Between Worlds) and unlock the final dungeon and boss. Also an acquaintance of mine once suggested the inclusion of hidden connecting passageways between dungeons linking them into one vast underworld nearly as large as the overworld, as well as the occasional shop and NPC to break up the lonely dungeon crawl. Skyrim has shouts, Zelda has songs. Both have collections of massive beasts that can be slain with the right weapons despite you being one twentieth their size. Hard to say which one has the better sword combat, but I'd prefer it to stay 3rd person.

Of course since Elder Scrolls has primarily been a PC property and Zelda console, t'would be a truly forbidden marriage.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
I know it's more than two games, but I always wanted a Star Wars game that combined the elements of Jedi Knight, Rogue Squadron, and X-wing. So you are playing an FPS (or third-person shooter) until you hop into a starship and take off, using it to strafe over the guys you were just fighting with on the ground, then head to space where you have to blow up some TIE fighters before you escape to hyperspace. It would be so epic to have the functionality of all three games in one, especially if a good story could be crafted to go with it.