Comedian Asks for $1 Million on YouTube, Millionaire Obliges

lostzombies.com

Apr 26, 2010
If not fake (it stink of rotting fakeness) then this is disgusting.

Give a million to a charity......or give it to some lame youtube channel because he asked for it.

I didn't think my patented 'faith in humanity meter' could drop any lower. My only hope is that this is actually an awful hoax

Drabonn888

Jan 11, 2011
GeorgW said:
Aw man, that millionaire is ruining the series! How will he continue, with his sequel "Give me another million!!"?
And this is just annoying, all you need to do to earn a million dollars is asking for it?? I am surely kicking myself!
There are so many others better deserving of this, there are charities for this very reason. Not that I trust charities, if I had to give away a million bux I'd take a trip to africa and spread it around a random village.
Why would you go to Africa and do that? We have plenty of people RIGHT HERE IN AMERICA that could use the money.

After thought: Unless you don't live in America. But then, I'm sure there are people in your country that need it as well. I hate this idea of going off to other countries and spending money on them. Honestly, clean up your own friggin back yard BEFORE fixing everyone elses.

Divinegon

Dec 12, 2007
I am pretty sure that even Einstein that said "Only two things are certain: the universe and human stupidity; and I?m not certain about the universe." would go "WTF IS THIS?" if he saw this news.

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
SlainPwner666 said:
Hell, I once read an "Urban Legend" about a guy who funded his stay in college and bought a used pickup truck by asking everyone he ever met for some spare change.
I'd believe it. My friends brother panhandled in Toronto for one day to see how much he could make, claiming he was short for a bus ticket home. He ended up making about $650 in one afternoon. He was approached by the police and told that he wouldn't be fined or anything, but that he couldn't be back tomorrow, or ever again.

Slick Samurai

Jul 3, 2009
So many jealous people, so little time.

Assuming this isn't a hoax (it would be hilarious either way to tell the truth), I say, good for him. People here and on YouTube are always talking about how they hope this man dies or that the million dollars should go to charity.

Well, nope. Those orphans didn't do anything too. Those starving kids in Africa didn't do anything. Those cancer kids didn't do anything. In fact, you could say this man was the only person that actually did anything. He did something so ingenious, yet so simple.

He asked for it.

Even if a thousand little orphans made youtube accounts and started begging for money, people always forget that it's the millionaire's money to begin with. That millionaire worked hard for his money, and he's not allowed to spend it where he pleases? So much bigotry to the upper class, apparently when you're rich you HAVE to give money to charity.

One trait that makes it difficult to trust people more than hate, or bigotry, or ignorance, is jealousy.

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Wow. There's a lot of hate going on here. Man, if he was brazen enough to ask for it and some wants to give it to him, then hey, I'm all for it. It's the rich person's money, and no one should can tell them what to do with the money. Plus, if this person can cough up a cool million for this guy, who says this person doesn't already donate a buttload of money to charity already.

kuolonen

Nov 19, 2009
Delusibeta said:
Assuming it's real, I'm going to commence kicking myself.

Although I'd imagine this will spawn thousands of copy-cat videos (again assuming it's real).
Thousands?

Nay, I say, nay! With this, atleast hundreds of thousands of copycats will be spawned, evry single one of them more annoying than the last.

Divinegon

Dec 12, 2007
Slick Samurai said:
So many jealous people, so little time.

Assuming this isn't a hoax (it would be hilarious either way to tell the truth), I say, good for him. People here and on YouTube are always talking about how they hope this man dies or that the million dollars should go to charity.

Well, nope. Those orphans didn't do anything too. Those starving kids in Africa didn't do anything. Those cancer kids didn't do anything. In fact, you could say this man was the only person that actually did anything. He did something so ingenious, yet so simple.

He asked for it.

Even if a thousand little orphans made youtube accounts and started begging for money, people always forget that it's the millionaire's money to begin with. That millionaire worked hard for his money, and he's not allowed to spend it where he pleases? So much bigotry to the upper class, apparently when you're rich you HAVE to give money to charity.

One trait that makes it difficult to trust people more than hate, or bigotry, or ignorance, is jealousy.
I'm sorry, I didn't know that every orphan and starving african child had a computer to check youtube videos of a cat playing a piano. I thought they only had news reporters that occasionally go there to show their bone wrinkled dirty faces.

I do agree that the millionaire has the right to pick where he gets to spend the money. I also have the right to suddenly go grab my dinner from a trash can. Doesn't mean they're both good decisions.

I commend the kid for exploiting an idea. I look down upon the person that actually took it seriously.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
POn the list of get rich quick schemes, I think this takes the #1 spot.
"ask for it"

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Great. If this is real, YouTube is going to get flooded with "i can has 1 million dollars too plz?" videos.

Of course, it's already flooded with all kinds of other pointless shit anyway, so I guess it won't matter in the long run.

killcheese

May 18, 2009
Galad said:
As the saying goes "There is no free lunch".
Ah but there is! when i was in high school my family went into foreclosure and had no money. But the school had to feed me, it is the law, so i didn't pay for lunch for 2 years! Anyway, on topic, i could care less if its real or not. I got a few laughs out of it and im content with that

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Guess it was that time of the month for his Karma Income!

Now in my view, he somehow deserves that $1,000,000 dollars. But we'll see how he uses it, that's when we start flaming judging >.>

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Drabonn888 said:
GeorgW said:
Aw man, that millionaire is ruining the series! How will he continue, with his sequel "Give me another million!!"?
And this is just annoying, all you need to do to earn a million dollars is asking for it?? I am surely kicking myself!
There are so many others better deserving of this, there are charities for this very reason. Not that I trust charities, if I had to give away a million bux I'd take a trip to africa and spread it around a random village.
Why would you go to Africa and do that? We have plenty of people RIGHT HERE IN AMERICA that could use the money.

After thought: Unless you don't live in America. But then, I'm sure there are people in your country that need it as well. I hate this idea of going off to other countries and spending money on them. Honestly, clean up your own friggin back yard BEFORE fixing everyone elses.
I don't live in America, I live in Sweden. So no one needs it here. But maybe Africa is unnecissarily far, maybe Ireland or Central Europe?

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
...lucky bastard[footnote]Moderator edit: Refrain from low content posts in the future, they do not contribute to the discussion.[/footnote]