Comic-Con Attendee Stabbed Over Seat Dispute

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Fappy said:
I was at the front of the line at Hall H and saw the aftermath of the stabbing. When they covered it on the local evening news I saw my little cousin in the footage twice, it was pretty cool. Honestly for those who were waiting in line, the thirty minute delay of the scheduled panels didn't matter in the long run. When they finally let people through it was a mere 50.... which meant over 5000 people had stayed in Hall H across three panels... we had been waiting in line with several hundred (maybe thousands of others) for four hours to see the Marvel Movie panel. Suffice it to say yesterday was a mess for a number of reasons.
And those 5000 people probably waited through all those three panels just to get their seats for the marvel movie panel. I don't know if there's a rule for it or not about staying in the seats, maybe there should be a limit, or they should put it in venues were they force people to swap over between two halls.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Well this is a perfect storm, a completely irrational stabbing at a partially
videogame-related event, the press'll love it.

And yet, I doubt a similiar incident at a classical music concert, for example, would get the same treatment.

Dec 24, 2008
Oi geez, how ridiculous! Somebody has some serious issues. I hope the victim is doing okay and will be able to game fine without depth perception♥

Snowden's Secret

Apr 4, 2010
Gah, I had such a laugh reading about the counter protest against the WBC picket earlier, so typically something bad like this has to happen to restore the karmic balance. Still, stabbed in the eye, over a seat? Wow. That's rather depressing.

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
AngryMongoose said:
Coliumbos said:
I'm sorry but... He stabbed someone in the eye - a potentially reeeeally damaging thing, like if it went through enough with enough force - and it's only assault with a deadly weapon?
I'm surprised he got that. Not because it should be more or less severe, but, it's a PEN, not what comes to mind when you hear the words "Deadly weapon".
Now you know why police are so willing to whip out their side arm at the drop of a hat:
"Sir, sign here for your ticket ... no, not with that pen, sir, drop the deadly weapon! Oh god, dirty diapers, a spray can of some sort, a nail file, a nail clipper, and a bottle of unknown liquid in the back seat! Its a terrorist, open fire and call for back up!"

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Well someone just threw away a lot of good con-going time. I would have been willing to miss that next event if it meant catching the Thor/Captain America event. Violence just doesn't get what you want in Comic-con.
Fappy said:
I was at the front of the line at Hall H and saw the aftermath of the stabbing. When they covered it on the local evening news I saw my little cousin in the footage twice, it was pretty cool. Honestly for those who were waiting in line, the thirty minute delay of the scheduled panels didn't matter in the long run. When they finally let people through it was a mere 50.... which meant over 5000 people had stayed in Hall H across three panels... we had been waiting in line with several hundred (maybe thousands of others) for four hours to see the Marvel Movie panel. Suffice it to say yesterday was a mess for a number of reasons.
Maybe that is one reason I did like the first Star Wars Celebration in Denver. They cleaned out every hall(well, tent) after every exhibition. Those who left were free to get back in line for the next event. No stabbings there as far as I know.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
buy teh haloz said:
I can hear the Westboro Baptist Church creaming themselves with delight over this asscricket.
Oh they just might, as petty as they are being. But if this is the only incident, and I really hope it is, then I would say that it was a dang good Con altogether.
Addendum:
bob-2000 said:
Ball point pens- the deadliest weapon of them all.
Still mightier than the sword.

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
What the heck?!

Not helpful! I know Alice is hot and all, but it's not anything we haven't seen in every movie so far. And if you're gonna go for an eyeball, use a fork!

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
He stabbed someone over a seat? What the fuck? Did he ever hear about this thing called stand? I might have been really crowded but way over the top to stab someone over a seat...

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Sneaky-Pie said:
Looks like justice won't be blind.

*Puts on shades*

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Ouch! I was stabbed in the eye by that pun!

*Puts on shades*

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

OT: I feel bad for that poor guy.

No vision loss right?

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010

CUnk

Oct 24, 2008
Is it true the guy that got stabbed told the guy with the pen to "Go home and get your fucking shinebox" just prior?