Comic-Con Attendee Stabbed Over Seat Dispute

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
...Ive heard of some pathetic things in my time...but wow...

Hallow'sEve

Sep 4, 2008
Fappy said:
Furburt said:
Maybe he got a bit too much into the Resident Evil mood of things and thought he was fighting zombies?

In seriousness, what an incredibly stupid thing to do. My sympathies to the victim, I hope there's no permanent damage.
According to the report last night the injuries were minor.
How is that possible when you get stabbed in the eye? I mean, it's your EYES, they're like an inch from your brain and half the reason you can see.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
What a wank-job.

My sympathies for people waiting so long just to see one panel when some people were basically hogging seats.

That said, there is no excuse for that kind of violence in this situation.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Darth Brownie said:
Good thing it wasn't a butterfly pen, could have been more serious

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/b6e6/
whoa that's cool

but anyway on topic...

I have some friends who actually went (they "forgot" to remind me to buy tickets with them haha...), I wonder if they were near/heard about this (altho my friend has only ever played RE5 so he's not really a big fan)

righthanded

Dec 5, 2007
Anti-social behavior at a comic-con? Never could have seen that coming.

ANyways, good to know the injuries were minor.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
-_-

Seriously... I just had to rage when I read this article, what is wrong with this guy? He needs to most definitely be locked up. It's all over a seat to a goddamn panel...

mrmash

Jul 12, 2010
I've had similiar instances happen to me when some douche doesn't want to give me my seat, but jesus, I've never felt compelled to instigate violence, let alone stab them in the eye. What a wanker.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Now...there is no question about the dude being charged and whatnot...but...lethal weapon....cmon it was a PEN!.....do you ppl mean to tell me that all our children are carrying lethal weapons in school....haha it just sounds weird -_-`

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
snowfox said:
There is no word on if the pen was just a Bic or one of those really fancy ones with a boat that goes back and forth as you tilt it.
This is why I love this site!

I wonder how stupid this guy must feel now that let his anger get the best of him.
I'm glad that you both think it's so funny considering that the victim could loose his eye.
Because permanent bodily damage is just hilarious.

OP: I've never been to a convention, so I don't know if it's against the rules to stay over for another showing, but the attacker guy needs get therapy.... Or something.

I hope the guy who got stabbed is okay.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
The Austin said:
snowfox said:
There is no word on if the pen was just a Bic or one of those really fancy ones with a boat that goes back and forth as you tilt it.

I wonder how stupid this guy must feel now that let his anger get the best of him.
I'm glad that you both think it's so funny considering that the victim could loose his eye.

OP: I've never been to a convention, so I don't know if it's against the rules to stay over for another showing, but the attacker guy needs get therapy.... Or something.

I'd like to point you to this,

Fappy said:

Did he lose his eye?? No... He's fine, so don't try to mother me for getting a chuckle out of what the OP wrote... Why fret over something that didn't happen? Could he have? Sure, but if that was the case then I would feel the joke would have been in bad taste. (Edit: I rhymed here, that was unintentional.)

So please don't take the time to try to make others feel bad over "could haves" and "what-ifs." Besides, the joke wasn't about him getting stabbed in the eye, it was making a mockery out of how ridiculous this situation was.

Just because I find humor in something doesn't mean I don't have any sympathy for the person who got stabbed. Don't judge me because I happen to have a sense of humor... I find that very wrong and extremely uppity of you for doing that.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
snowfox said:
The Austin said:
snowfox said:

I'd like to point you to this,

Fappy said:

Did he lose his eye?? No... He's fine, so don't try to mother me for getting a chuckle out of what the OP wrote... Why fret over something that didn't happen? Could he have? Sure, but if that was the case then I would feel the joke would have been in bad taste. (Edit: I rhymed here, that was unintentional.)

So please don't take the time to try to make others feel bad over "could haves" and "what-ifs." Besides, the joke wasn't about him getting stabbed in the eye, it was making a mockery out of how ridiculous this situation was.

Just because I find humor in something doesn't mean I don't have any sympathy for the person who got stabbed. Don't judge me because I happen to have a sense of humor... I find that very wrong and extremely uppity of you for doing that.
All right, fair enough, I know when I'm wrong.

I'm sorry.