Comic-Con Hilariously Strikes Back Against Hate Church

sapphireofthesea

Jul 18, 2010
You know what all these OTT christian churchs always forget, God loves everyone, he may hate what they choose to do but he still loves them. So I tend to shut off right around the time when they say God hates so and so.
-sigh-
But that is what you get when you give humans a powerful means of control, some nut goes and takes it a mile off course (bear in mind this does include politics and all other such things).

Please don't judge us normal christians based on the actions of the few, definitely, out of sink members.

sapphireofthesea

Jul 18, 2010
Scobie said:
Awesome as some of these signs are, I can't help but imagine how much more awesome this could have been with some dudes holding placards saying:

CAREFUL NOW
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING

If I ever got the opportunity to do something like this, that's what I'd do.

Maybe a counter counter protest protesting the protests themselves ^^. Then it would be battle of 3 armies.

Captain12345

Apr 6, 2009
Hahahaha, there's just so many good signs there. Kinda wish I could've used this as a follow up for an earlier report I did on these Westboro radicals...

Ultra_Caboose

Aug 25, 2008
Fucking awesome.
I hope those church-goers realize what they get when you take yourselves too seriously around nerds. We mock the fuck out of you.

You see what happens, Larry?

JakBandit2208

Jun 11, 2009
Hahaha this was great....although the Commander Shepard one would have been funnier if they actually dressed up like Shep lol

sailor_960

Jan 12, 2010
I can't think of a better way to shut up nutjobs like the Westboro Baptist Church. Way to go guys. Considering I live five minutes away, I'm sorry I didn't join you.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Hardly surprising, I mean when I first heard those bigots would be protesting my first thought was what kind of creative counter-protest are we going to get haha!

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
More people are willing to make funny comments than partake in serious bigotry. That's a good sign.

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
someone should have had a sign that says "everyone holding a sign is gay"

it wouldnt help anything just be funny to whoever did that

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
A saying comes to mind, I'm not sure if it was said in referance to Marvel's Thor, but:

"My God has a hammer. Your God was nailed to a cross."

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Well, if picketing a comic convention in the name of God wasn't embarrassing enough for these morons, this should do the trick!

Blackjack 222

Dec 2, 2009
Want tot see more of this, I swear if more people follow after what Con goers did the news might just get funny.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Drown them out. Good call. Worked for the bikers that revved their bikes loud enough to drown out the Westboro dolts who tried to protest a series of funerals a few years ago.

Thankfully, their media appearances have been growing more and more infrequent. Soon enough, no one will care about them anymore, as it should be now.