Comic-Con Hilariously Strikes Back Against Hate Church

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Holy Warp Flutes and Green Goomba's Boots! This is awesome! It's great to see that the westboro church has been bested by the Comic-con attendees.

Grayson Illo

Jul 17, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Grayson Illo said:
Straying Bullet said:
KeyMaster45 said:
Oh that just gives me so much joy to know that when someone decides to troll the greater nerd community, they'll just troll back twenty times harder.

My day has been made :)
Life is beautiful for a gamer and the nerd. No community has ever unleashed a greather wrath then us. Remember Mass Effect. Remember Comic San, Westboro, you shall never win and we will never falter.
What do you mean by, 'Remember Mass Effect'?
Oh that, Fox News accussed Mass Effect containing full frontal nudity`and whatever false accussations. They had a 'debate' on their own channel, featuring Lawrence Cooper [ Some kind of 'psychologist' ] and a vivid gamer, I forgot where he was. Basically, Lawrence made so many false accussations, saying Mass Effect is a sexist game etc etc and whatever retarded shit.

She has a book she wrote, posted on Amazone. Gamers unified to give it one-star ratings, writing blogs until they finally made Cooper apologize infront of the entire gaming community. She never played the actual game until she suffered our wrath.

I suppose that covers it.
Old post but hey thanks for explaining. Pissing off gamers never end well.

Sep 14, 2009
KeyMaster45 said:
Oh that just gives me so much joy to know that when someone decides to troll the greater nerd community, they'll just troll back twenty times harder.

My day has been made :)

-EDIT-
I can't wait to see if we hear any reactions from the WBC protesters about the counter protest.
this.

you troll a nerd, prepare to be ambushed by a horde of trollness right back.

this is so fucking awesome. god i wish i was apart of that.

if they ever come back to my town...im going to try and represent just about every single fucking thing that they hate, and put it all into one costume+sign and run right through there group cult huddle meeting thing.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
It's wonderful to see such things happen, I was surprised by how few westboro people their seemed to be by the pictures, something like 3 tops?

Anyway, well done nerds you have given us a great victory :) Now all I wish is that I had something like this to do in England. Mass team fortress 2 demonstration at houses of parliment anyone?

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Now these guys are true heroes.

Bigotry never lasts long in the U.S, well, it doesn't last anyway.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
I think the WBC needs to understand that you don't mess with nerds. Were Genre Savvy, were smart and cool... Were the type of people look your shit up and already have a counter measure ready for you. So Fred... Geeks are a no go area, we fight dragons and take over galaxies as a hobby... You guys are just push overs and jokes.

reddfawks

Jul 29, 2010
Aw man...There's no way I can pick one favorite sign. "Is this thing on?" May be one of the tops though. And Spy at the furry convention? Saving that picture, for sure.

Part of me wants WBC to make an appearance at FanExpo, but I can't remember if they're even in Canada.

Maybe I'd rent a huge sound system, and all the counter-protesters could have a dance party. Techno remixes of video game music? Hell yes.

Kyuubi Fanatic

Insane Fanboy
Feb 22, 2010
Fucking. Awesome! XD

Wish I was there. It's nice to see crazy idiots get one upped by those they seek to inflame.

Humor and geekiness trumps hate, so why not hold comic conventions in the middle east? If they had better shit to read, maybe they wouldn't be so angry :p