Command & Conquer Generals 2 confirmed!

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
Absolutionis said:
That series was the red-headed stepchild of C&C fans. It was nothing more than an attempt to replicate Starcraft's playstyle. With Starcraft 2 dominating the RTS field, EA doesn't stand a chance.
Funny to think that:
The lead designer for C&C: general is the lead designer for Starcraft 2.

Sojoez

Nov 24, 2009
I give Bioware the benefit of the doubt, they have no experience in making real strategy games. They can screw it up but then again they might also make a good game.
Generals is not a difficult IP. Its a Michael Bay mindset. Jerk of the the US military and poke some fun with the other factions.

What scares me the most are the things EA says on the site.
"New Ways to Dominate or Ally with your Friends ? Go beyond classic deathmatch with a selection of new multiplayer game modes, designed with both cooperative and competitive play in mind."
Somehow the above makes me uncomfortable.
The worst part is this though: "Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content"
Remember Dawn of War 2?

Nueemann

Jul 14, 2010
GreatTeacherCAW said:
Nueemann said:
I've been slightly skeptical since I noticed the Frostbite 2 logo in the trailer.

Considering the engine's history of shooters (And the cutscenes in NFS: The Run IIRC), I don't know how good of a C&C game it'll make.
I saw the Frostbite logo, and then the gameplay looked suspiciously familiar, and immediately thought "BioWare is making an expansion for Battlefield 3?"
The ONLY recognizable thing there that told me it was a Generals game, let alone C&C, was the brief appearance of a GLA Quad-Cannon.

Zero Serenity

Nov 21, 2009
Here's what I don't get. Bioware is the branding with Frostbite 2, but wasn't Victory Games supposed to be working on the next C&C game? Somebody please tell me what's going on here...

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
Zero Serenity said:
Here's what I don't get. Bioware is the branding with Frostbite 2, but wasn't Victory Games supposed to be working on the next C&C game? Somebody please tell me what's going on here...
It still is.
However, Victory games is now renamed to BioWare Victory, probably because of marketing reasons.
So now EA can say it is Bioware newest title.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
Loved first generals, but played it late so never got a chance to play online. Still single player was fun, especially with the ridiculously overpowered strategies. Hope the keep the mod unit. It was fun to make like 3 of those and watch this giant group ripe shit up.