Commander Shepard Raps About Mining for Minerals in Mass Effect 2

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
RAP

Retards
Attempting
Poetry

Other than that.....it was...unique. Not good but unique.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
Xzi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
This is news how?

Is the world that enamored with Mass Effect 2 that this counts as news?

I couldn't listen past 1:20 without getting sick of it and turning it off.
Aww, someone's a little bit of a sour-puss today.

OT: The rap was worthy of some epic lulz.
True dat!

Scanning for minerals is a perfect example of what happens when people ***** about a decent game mechanic.

Seriously the Mako looks so much better after an hour spent scanning for minerals in ME2

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Nice song it was rather well done just wish they had put the same effort into the video.As i think if the video was done right it would have been epic

Ex_ery

Jun 23, 2008
Never had this big of an issue with mineral scanning. Changed my receiver from the 360 to the computer input, put on music or played HoN and just scanned while doing other shit. Hell I scanned minerals while calling the 'rents back home and talking. It's not tedious if it's being done in the background.

This just in, the controller vibrates to tell you to look at what slice of the planet you're currently auto scrolling left or right across....

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Xzi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Xzi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
This is news how?

I should be. ME2 took most of the RPG out of ME. And there wasn't too much there to begin with. It's good, but its been dumbed down to a shooter with a few powers and a handful of skill points.
The interactive conversations still make it more of an RPG than most games which claim to be in the same genre. The item/skill customization isn't as deep as say, Bioware's own Dragon Age, but as an avid RPG player/fan, even I can admit that deep doesn't always equal fun. I don't mind constantly looking at the smallest details of armor/weapons to swap for the superior item, but when an RPG comes along that doesn't require me to continue that tedium, I won't complain about that, either.

Bottom line: the things that you suggest are missing from ME2 are some of the same things people were complaining about and wanted gone from ME1. You can't please all the people all the time.
Glad someone came in here to say what I was going to say regarding the all-important "ROLE-PLAYING" part of role-playing games. It's not like they turned Mass Effect into Bioshock, or even Deus Ex (as great as Deus Ex is, don't misunderstand). You don't need a bullshit inventory system to have a good RPG.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
It was funny.

Very funny.

In fact I'm going to share this with some people.

*Tips Hat to John funk for the find.*

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
That was brilliant, by the time he started talking about Miranda I was on the floor laughing.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
You got that far? I only got about 10 seconds in...

OT: Although I didn't like the song, The scanning was rubbish. Even with the upgrades it still was slow, tedious and more boring then driving the mako up a cliff...

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Saw this when it was first posted in the Something Awful forums. I thought it was jolly good.

Typhusoid

Nov 20, 2008
Pretty funny, but am I the only one who really doesn't have a problem with the scanning system

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Win Laik Pya said:
I'm commander Shepard, and this is my favorite rap on the citadel.
Hahahahahahahaha! Win.

Onyx Oblivion said:
Xzi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
This is news how?

I should be. ME2 took most of the RPG out of ME. And there wasn't too much there to begin with. It's good, but its been dumbed down to a shooter with a few powers and a handful of skill points.
And, you know, all those conversations, moral choices, multiple endings and all those bits where you play a role. Or does that just get in the way of your point?

I'm slowly becoming convinced that the people who claim that Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2 aren't "proper RPGs" are just shit shots.

OT - I laughed a lot, but I still don't have an issue with scanning, and I still DO have an issue with the Mako's drunken mule level handling.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Chipperz said:
Win Laik Pya said:
Hahahahahahahaha! Win.

Onyx Oblivion said:
Xzi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
This is news how?

And, you know, all those conversations, moral choices, multiple endings and all those bits where you play a role. Or does that just get in the way of your point?

I'm slowly becoming convinced that the people who claim that Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2 aren't "proper RPGs" are just shit shots.

OT - I laughed a lot, but I still don't have an issue with scanning, and I still DO have an issue with the Mako's drunken mule level handling.
your point is full of win

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Chipperz said:
Win Laik Pya said:
Hahahahahahahaha! Win.

Onyx Oblivion said:
Xzi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
This is news how?

Oh, they're still RPGs (Fallout 3 is clearly an RPG in every way, with stats, customization, leveling), but that doesn't mean that to be an RPG you NEED moral choices, conversations, and choice. After all, RPGs have stats and levels...without that, they'd be Adventure games.

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
im not into rpgs or grinding but i didnt mind mineral mineing its not like they forced you to do it

and that is the bottom line you DONT HAVE TO do it