Commander Shepard Raps About Mining for Minerals in Mass Effect 2

GL2814E

Feb 16, 2010
I am starting to wonder if something is wrong with me since I don't mind mineral scanning. I mean its a little flow breaking, but honestly I use the time to eat, check email, talk to my fiance, etc, etc.

Regardless this is hilarious.

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
This is comedy gold. I don't laugh out loud at youtube videos or songs but this was just pure brilliance.

Chester41585

Mar 22, 2009
I thought this was a troll for a second, then saw that the poster was also John Funk, Games Editor for this website.
Weird.

Win Laik Pya

Dec 4, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Xzi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
This is news how?

Is the world that enamored with Mass Effect 2 that this counts as news?

I couldn't listen past 1:20 without getting sick of it and turning it off.
Aww, someone's a little bit of a sour-puss today.
I should be. ME2 took most of the RPG out of ME. And there wasn't too much there to begin with. It's good, but its been dumbed down to a shooter with a few powers and a handful of skill points.
Yeah, i miss Mass Effect 1. Mass Effect 2 is all about "big choices" and "visceral combat!"

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Well that was... something. The video itself could have used a little more variety.
Personally, I don't really mind the scanning, but I do miss the Mako and want to kick every single person who complained about it in the balls.

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Greyfox105 said:
Ha, this is brilliant... in a rather odd way.
I don't really like rap, but it is still funny...
Heh... Miranda... am I glad I didn't quite catch what it said? :D
Love the freaky Joker dance :D and it does make good use of in-game soundtracks...
What he said.

Seriously, this was hilarious and aptly discussed a major issue that I had with ME2

Kudos Johnnie for finding this gem

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Now that i'm done laughing... Rap lends itself to less-than-serious purposes surprisingly well.

ItsAPaul said:
Because every Escapist reader hates scanning. Oh wait, I bought the correct version (PC).
No you didn't. It sucks on PC as well (have to note i massively overdid the scanning "just in case", though).

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Kollega said:
Now that i'm done laughing... Rap lends itself to less-than-serious purposes surprisingly well.

ItsAPaul said:
Because every Escapist reader hates scanning. Oh wait, I bought the correct version (PC).
No you didn't. It sucks on PC as well (have to note i massively overdid the scanning "just in case", though).
But the PC version can cheat to not have to bother with it :3

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Win Laik Pya said:
I'm commander Shepard, and this is my favorite rap on the citadel.
Nice!

I loved this rap. Nice use of the map music. I thought the rap was really pretty clever. Nice find.

Mortons4ck

Jan 12, 2010
Brought a smile to my face, love the beat. Also the reference to the Prime Directive was especially funny, I often thought about why I wasn't gaining renegade points for completely screwing over developing planets.

falcon1985 said:
I don't realy have a problem with either the Mako or scanning for resources, but maybe i'm just weird. I never understood all the complaints about either.
You're not alone. I liked how ME2 tried to incorporate some SC2 elements (though I think they should have pushed more in the direction). The Mako side quests of ME1 were fun at times, but there seemed that not enough interesting content on the places (though the geth base side missions were a blast).