Commander Shepard

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
xRagnarok19 said:
Christian Bale could pull off the angry Shepard, definitely.
I think Christian Bale could pull off any angry character.

OT: I don't know. My character wasn't the preset character, he was some mexican guy

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
The_Eskimo said:
Sylvester Stallone.
Bam. Instant win!
and Morgan Freeman as someone.oyea..
Commander Shepard meets Morgan Freeman! Umm, what would he do? Morgan Freeman as Captain Anderson? ........Maybe not.

VivaciousDeimos

May 1, 2010
Et3rnalLegend64 said:
The_Eskimo said:
Sylvester Stallone.
Bam. Instant win!
and Morgan Freeman as someone.oyea..
Commander Shepard meets Morgan Freeman! Umm, what would he do? Morgan Freeman as Captain Anderson? ........Maybe not.
They need to just get Keith David as Captain Anderson, in the same way they need to get Seth Green for Joker, because it would be awesome. Morgan Freeman could be Udina. It'd be interesting to see him play an assehole, and watch him play off of David.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I say Mark Meer. He's at least got the voice, and if he cut his hair down to a buzz cut and got blue contact lenses, he could somewhat look like Shepard too.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Mark Meer y'know the voice actor? The guy that makes Shepard, Shepard the dudes got some acting chops and hes seriousl feckin ripped.

And Christian Bale seriously the guy is terrible did no one see Terminator?

gundargundar

Oct 4, 2009
Morgan Freemen
think about how epic that would be

but in all seriousness. I think Christian Bale would be good

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
As much as i love ME, i think a ME movie's a terrible idea. Any Shep other than my canon-shep, paragon soldier femshep, just wouldn't feel like Shep for me. And if they went my way, it'd feel weird for everyone with different choices.

If you gotta make a movie, set it during the First Contact War or so.

Dec 14, 2009
Anoctris said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Anoctris said:
EchetusXe said:
They would probably get Sam Worthington for the role.
Hell yes to Sam Worthington. (He's got the right shaped head/face - and a similar build to Shepard)

As a second I'd nominate that Channing Tatum fella, not as good an actor maybe but that's just my opinion.

How about this bloke? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Martini

No to Christian Bale - he's a good actor but he seems to play exactly the same type of guy in every film now - the brooding badass coolguy stereotype. While watching Terminator: Salvation I thought at one point he was gonna chuck on the ol' Batsuit and goto work.
Furious Styles said:
christian bale would just do his stupid clint eastwood voice like in batman.

I'd go for Robert Downey Jnr. but he's a bit too old now, instead I'll go for the guy from avatar. Sam Worthington?
Maybe the guy from Spartacus could pull it off?

Andy Whitfield:
That's a good call too imo, although I thought Gabriel was a shit film he did alright. (I really liked the badguy in Gabriel btw).

Looking forward to Spartacus, starts here on August 18. Looks a bit dodge but dodgy can be entertaining.
It has some unecessary sex scenes but overall, it's a very good series. Watch it... NOW!

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Anoctris said:
EchetusXe said:
Hell yes to Sam Worthington. (He's got the right shaped head/face - and a similar build to Shepard)

As a second I'd nominate that Channing Tatum fella, not as good an actor maybe but that's just my opinion.

How about this bloke? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Martini

No to Christian Bale - he's a good actor but he seems to play exactly the same type of guy in every film now - the brooding badass coolguy stereotype. While watching Terminator: Salvation I thought at one point he was gonna chuck on the ol' Batsuit and goto work.
Furious Styles said:
christian bale would just do his stupid clint eastwood voice like in batman.

I'd go for Robert Downey Jnr. but he's a bit too old now, instead I'll go for the guy from avatar. Sam Worthington?
Maybe the guy from Spartacus could pull it off?

Andy Whitfield:
yeah he would look dreamy in it.....dreamy...... maybe we should have me play the role since i made my own shepard after me, so if legendary pictures are interested....just give me a call

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
RatRace123 said:
I say Mark Meer. He's at least got the voice, and if he cut his hair down to a buzz cut and got blue contact lenses, he could somewhat look like Shepard too.

dont forget a small beard

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
Shia Labeouf, because a Mass Effect movie about Commander Shepard would be doomed to suck anyway...

TheZapper

Jul 11, 2009
EchetusXe said:
Exactly what I thought. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, as I've not seen anything in which he was the lead.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Brad Pitt why? Because i love Brad Pitt, if not then i guess......Denzel Washington ( hey shepard can be black)

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Jude Law, perhaps. He's got the looks and a piercing gaze that Shepard would need.

Then again, I really don't care who they put in the role. I simply refuse to see that movie. I have my own vision of Commander James Shepard, and I don't want a movie messing it up.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
They shouldn't base the movie on Shepard. All I'd be doing is cringing at the actor's appearance because he/she doesn't look like the real(read: my) Shepard and critiquing the plot because that's not what the real Shepard would do.

That said, I modeled one Shepard after Clarke Peters. He played Lester Freamon in The Wire. When that man speaks, I listen.