Commander Shepard's dancing skills.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
A-la 2:
A-la 3:
So yeah... check out Commander Bust-a move. I like the part where he spreads his arms and does the helicopter.

He may be the galaxy's saviour, but he's still the shittiest dancer in gaming hitory... ever.

Thoughts on this?

I think the next game in the series should be Dance Central: Afterlife Club edition.

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
The shittiness of Bioware's dancing makes it look more realistic.

CAPTCHA: tickle the ivories.
No, Captcha. Not after the accident.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
That'll be the hardcore mode for the Mass Effect Kinect game, win the dancing stage as Commander Shepard.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Matthew94 said:
lol, he isn't the worst

Funny how it is Bioware both times, they just can't do dancing.
Now now, that was the best part of Taris, don't be hating. If only because the animations are so terrible that when you try to sabotage her act, you run around in circles like a jackass.

May 17, 2010
I dunno, I thought his dancing was cheesy and stupid but I couldn't bring myself ot hate it. It's just so adorably goofy.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I liked how in ME3 Jack and Garrus both poke fun at Shepard for being a crappy dancer.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Sean Hollyman said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
That's how I dance....

It's also probably the reason I can't get a date.
You tuck your head down and do the helicopter?

xD
At an expo once, there was dubstep, dancing, I was dressed as spiderman, became involved with the dancing, and was eventually pushed into an open circle where people could "Step to it".
I began the helicopter tuck shepard dance. When (I thought) I was finished, a large dude dressed as Thor entered the circle, nodded and we danced for about 15 minutes, In this manner.

I don't know if this is true, but apparently there is a video of this somewhere on youtube. I saw someone with a camera.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
I don't think it's just Bioware (or Shepard)..I mean have you ever seen a game where casual dancing had good/nice/believable animations?

I honestly couldn't think of one and it's a discussion I've recently had. They're all awkward, full of clipping or just weird.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Shepard's dancing was one of his most relatable characteristics. I'm a tall, skinny white dude. I'm genetically predisposed to suck at dancing. Knowing that this personal shame of mine wouldn't preclude me from saving the Galaxy is a constant source of comfort... :p

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
SpectacularWebHead said:
Sean Hollyman said:
SpectacularWebHead said:
That's how I dance....

You tuck your head down and do the helicopter?

xD
At an expo once, there was dubstep, dancing, I was dressed as spiderman, became involved with the dancing, and was eventually pushed into an open circle where people could "Step to it".
I began the helicopter tuck shepard dance. When (I thought) I was finished, a large dude dressed as Thor entered the circle, nodded and we danced for about 15 minutes, In this manner.

I don't know if this is true, but apparently there is a video of this somewhere on youtube. I saw someone with a camera.
That sounds... amazing.

I should go to a convention sometime, but they are never in Wales :/

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
SpectacularWebHead said:
That's how I dance....

I think your problem is that you're not commander Shepard. I have no actual cure for that. But if you find one, can you give me a shout, since I seem to have the same condition.

Also, I can only dance worse than that.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
My mouth actually fell upon when I first saw Shepard dancing.

BECAUSE IT WAS JUST SO AMAZING.
Naw it sucked major balls.

I mean srsly, the man eats Reapers for breakfast, why can't he channel that awesome onto the dancefloor? For shame.