Commodore 64 Resurrected with 2011 Parts

Poisoned Al

Feb 16, 2008
LIES! The ZX Spectrum was the best computer ever made! Only the weird, smelly kid nobody liked had a C64 in my class!

The_Evermind

Jul 7, 2009
Part of me is all, there's no way this actually was green lighted it has to be an April fools joke or something. The rest of me is just, woaaaaaah, do want.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
I don't like what they did with the keyboard. And this isn't a "they changed it now it sucks" rant; I just think they made some terrible decisions as to how to reconfigure it. Wasting space on keys that people don't use or need anymore (insert, caps lock, pause), removing some keys on the left and stretching their neighbors out when others on the right are cramped for space... it's just uncreative. Take a look at the original keyboard and tell me some of these spots couldn't have been put to better use:

I do like that they used some of the key fronts to print FN functions, and that they made Home, End, Page Up and Page Down FN functions. That's about it.

And what's with the old-style keyboard and mouse ports? Hell, why is there a keyboard port period? *facepalm* More evidence that the people designing this didn't really know what they were doing. Looks like they were engineered with all the care of the original. (Don't get me wrong; it was a technological marvel, but the way they were put together was about as sloppy as you can get.)

AC Drawings

Dec 22, 2010
Well, we all know what this means....

Loading Ready Rap, 2011! [http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/110/The-LoadingReadyRap/QT]