Computer Built in Minecraft Has RAM, Performs Division

Anjel

Mar 28, 2011
nezroy said:
This project is no more special than, say, a giant penis.
A giant penis? Who made a giant penis? Did it... 'work'? If so give that guy a medal! Oh and the CPU thing is pretty cool.

Signed,

Someone who has never played MineCraft.

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
The intro course to computer-engineering would have been WAY more fun it they had allowed us to do this, instead of programming a spartan-board with vhdl.

"Next, implement a resetable binary-counter with a 7-segment output, BUT REMEMBER TO AVOID CREEPERS!"

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
I am at a loss for words. I saw this coming, but I didn't think it would be this soon.

Fleaman

Nov 10, 2010
There's a Dwarf Fortress computer too.

There's basically a Dwarf Fortress version of everything you can do in Minecraft, except instead of falling to your death from the top of some wires, an artist can't find a turtle shell and precipitates a murder cascade as survivors are picked off by wild mandrills. Okay that does happen, but only in multiplayer.

Minecraft and Dwarf Fortress are awesome is what I'm trying to say.

awdrifter

Apr 1, 2011
This is only a second level, we need to go deeper!

Seriously though, that's a freaking awesome build.

Captain Bobbossa

Jun 1, 2009
Tharwen said:
Captain Bobbossa said:
Wait, this has been don before. Whats the differance between this and that one made out of dirt blocks that streches into the horizon?
That one did calculations.

This one does calculations, stores the result, and does other calculations based on them.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

On the subject of amazing things on minecraft that involve circuits and wizardness. Anyone seen this?

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
When can we expect games like doom and pacman? I need a desktop pc in my fortress and underground sith-tempel-chilling room.

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
Wait until we start building minds inside of Minecraft. I think that'll be the point where the fat computer nerd who created us all comes down and says "l0lz"

nezroy

Oct 3, 2008
Anjel said:
nezroy said:
This project is no more special than, say, a giant penis.
A giant penis? Who made a giant penis? Did it... 'work'? If so give that guy a medal! Oh and the CPU thing is pretty cool.

Signed,

Someone who has never played MineCraft.
That particular example was simply ripped straight from Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation review of Minecraft. Giant cock and balls made of gold, or some such.

Sep 4, 2009
"Another thing that I've done, but I don't know if it's unique, is that my buses are verticle. This means that they are only 1 block wide, but it does make my cpu very high," Salaja said. "I died many times by falling from the top."
Ah yes. "A fatal error has occured."

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
I've seen this before years ago. Someone made a CPU out of Doom, using the monsters fighting amongst themselves to work out the equations.

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
VincentX3 said:
Now all that's left is to play Minecraft inside of Minecraft
Then make a computer in minecraft in a computer in minecraft on your computer
Ah crap, I think I just destroyed a dimension.