Confess your nerd sins

Halla Burrica

May 18, 2014
Hmmm, nerd sins... That can be pretty much anything, but it won't hurt to add something, so here we go:

-I genuinely enjoy and appreciate Fallout 3 without using any mods (I looked at the page for the mods, and I don't really care for any of them. But the rest are like, "oh now that part of the game is slightly more detailed, this is a complete gamechanger" or "wow, there is playable fanfiction now, isn't this amazing!?". Also I don't think Fallout 3 is terribly written and is even better in certain aspects compared to Fallout 2 (NOTE: This comes from the 10 hours I've played recently of FO2, and I haven't even touched FO1 because I tend to hate forced time limits). Come at me bro.

-I really love Skyward Sword and think the controls are great.

-I don't know anything about Star Trek, haven't watched a single episode.

-I've watched one Dr. Who episode. That's all.

-I think Five Night's at Freddy's looks mediocre, just jumpscares and static images of 3d models.

-I think Star Wars is ok, very much enjoyable and I understand why it became so popular at the time and captured so many hearts, but I also really don't think it has much of a place in todays culture.

EDIT: Also I have a lot of nostalgia for The Batman instead of the Batman the Animated Series, and I still enjoy it today, even though I've come to the conclusion that BtAS is generally better. I also like their version of the Joker, he was different, but still a lot of fun and Kevin Michael Richardson was perfect for the role (seriously, why can't there be more black guys as the Joker?) It was uneven in terms of tone and several times quality, and struggled to find an identity from season to season, but when it was good, it was really good. I even think it was better than BtAS in certain places. The Clayface in The Batman was way more interesting than the one in BtAS, the Batman's character arc for Clayface was even better done than how Two-Face was done in BtAS, also Robin's arc from orphan to sidekick was way better handled in The Batman than BtAS. Manbat, who is usually a pretty boring villain in my opinion, got interesting TB by changing his story. Instead of being some scientist who got in over his head with experiments and accidentally turned into a humanoid bat, they changed it to him willingly changing himself into the bat-monster so he could be like Batman, adding some interesting subtext to the question if Batman creates his own enemies. Also Riddler was great in this one, even if his design was a bit weird. I also think Bane was better handled in The Batman than in BtAS.

chaser5000

Sep 11, 2012
Let me see

I've never played any Legend of Zelda games, and have no plans to.

I've never watched any Star Trek stuff, and have no plans to.

I've never watched or read any Lord of the Rings, and have no plans to, but Shadows of Mordor looks really fun but I don't know if I want to just dive in there.

FFVIII is my favorite FF

I'm starting to hate Batman, just way to much plot armor for me to enjoy.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Most of this is coming in the form of things I have't seen or played.
Haven't seen
- Firefly
- Doctor Who
- Lord Of The Rings
- Star Trek (extra kick for only seeing the Abrams movies)

Haven't played
- Any Final Fantasy
- Psychonauts
- Any Batman Arkham game
- Mass Effect (though I might be getting around to this soon)

And I'm not going to start on how many sci-fi or fantasy nocels I haven't read because I'm not huge on reading real novels. You know that set amount of pages you can read before you simply stop comprehending what you're reading? Mine's ten pages at the most. I read a good chunk of comic reading though although
- not a single comic I read is Marvel or DC
Probably more hipster than geek cred but still.