CONFESSION TIME (reveal your most unpopular tastes)

Tjoubou

Apr 14, 2009
... Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe was actually decent, breaking Supermans neck was awesome :D

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
- I think turn-based combat is nice reprieve from twitchy first-person shooting
- I like Bioshock 2 more than Bioshock
- I think Mass Effect is more engaging than Mass Effect 2
- I really want to play Metro 2033
- I thought Blade Runner was boring, and moreover, inferior to the novel

GodofCider

Nov 16, 2010
_Janny_ said:
I really liked Navi and didn't find her annoying, but actually cute. But I can't be the only one, right? *hears crickets chirping*
Agreed. I've never understood the hatred placed upon her; easily one of the most helpful side-kicks I've ever encountered.

Now the dog from fable III? >_<

{SPOILERS}
It's kind of interesting actually. I despised the dog from fable II as well, though it redeemed itself of all it's problems by sacrificing itself to attempt in saving me in the end. Similarly, the horse from Shadow of the Colossus, was a nightmarish problem with the controls and a few other bugs. It was only useful for getting you where you needed to go fast; and then abandoning it to its fate as you scrambled upon your low flying target. Right up until the end though, where it sacrifices itself(from what you understood anyways) in order to save you; which...actually served to redeem itself, despite it's flaws.

The dog in fable III though? I couldn't even rid myself of the barking idiot. Say what you will, but Navi didn't get suck on a freaking rock or tree for five minutes while attempting to auto-path its way to the dig spot.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
Woodsey said:
The Rockerfly said:
PC gaming is a joke
I know this is the point of this thread, but this definitely calls for a "huh?".
The price of upgrades
The difficulty of installing everything, making sure you have the right updates for your computer
Software up to date
Pirates everywhere
PC gaming controls don't work for a lot of games. FPS and rts yes they are fantastic but have you ever tried playing devil may cry or a good fast racing game
Pop in and play convenience almost doesn't exist for pc gamers except for flash games and maybe one or two exceptions
If anything is fun or action based it's dum in most of the eyes of the community
Uncertainness every time I buy a game if I can or can't run it wasting my money if I can't because maybe I can run it but the specs on the back or shit or the game is badly optimised and I can only run it on 5 frames per second

So you could put up with all them for a bit better graphics and slightly cheaper games or you could get a console. Easy choice for me
Have you ever even used a computer for gaming before?

Actually, nevermind. I don't need to get into this debate again.

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
I LOVED and still do LOVE Alpha Protocol. To me, that is a pretty good game that deserves a sequel.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
marcogodinho said:
I liked Ang Lee´s Hulk.
Me too.

It wasn't perfect and the script was trying to be something it shouldn't, but I LOVED the design of the Hulk and watching him in action. I also really appreciated the practical effects they used for when the hulk smashed through the lab and such.

Also, I prefer GTA 4 over Saint's Row 2.
The thing i like the most about the movie is the comic-book style editing, that was pretty cool. The practical effects in the lab and Hulk vs. the military in the desert scene were also awesome.

A Curious Fellow

Nov 16, 2010
I like The Lost World better than Jurassic Park. I like Peter Jackson's King Kong better than either one.

I hate the Beatles.

I love OgreBattle 64.

I hate everything Joss Wheden has ever done, except Firefly.

TheWwwizard

Nov 13, 2010
I loved Modern warfare 2, (I was a sniper, no I didn't quick scope, I'd shoot from a good distance and when I ran around It was with a revolver and a knife)

krychek57

Some Random Dude
Apr 13, 2010
- Apparently enjoying Black Ops and hating MW2 makes me an idiot.
- Enjoying I.C.P as a 30 year old IT guy with a very steady job >_>
- I refuse to play FPS's on a console

Edit: I'm not tired of Portal References.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
whew, where to start...

-I'm primarily a PC gamer, and still see zero appeal in buying any Microsoft product. Ever.
-I preferred the combat in Mass Effect over that in Mass Effect 2 (which left the player with too few options in any given firefight)... I even liked the Mako.
-I firmly believe that Blizzard's best work was Starcraft... second best was Diablo. In both cases: the first one only.
-My favorite Real-Time Strategy title is Supreme Commander.
-I've never been fond of the Half-Life franchise (except Portal, which is awesome). Couldn't stand the flaws in the original's physics engine, and the second one felt bland to me.
-I prefer the original Prince of Persia games, in all their trial-and-error platform-y simplicity, to the Sands of Time games.
-I dislike the Left 4 Dead games, simply because they feel more like a fragfest than survival horror.
-I've never thought any Call Of Duty game was very special... even 4 was just a well executed generic modern shooter.
-I'm incapable of having fun when playing a shooter on a console. I actually don't do badly, but I'm not fighting anything but those imprecise little bastard thumbsticks when I play 'em.

**edit**
almost forgot:
-the last Grand Theft Auto game I actually enjoyed was the top-down PS1 game.
-I used to love online multiplayer, but since about 2003, I can't stand it anymore. All of my old favorite games are either dead or overrun with douchebags.

Acton Hank

Nov 19, 2009
DustyDrB said:
marcogodinho said:
I liked Ang Lee´s Hulk.
Same

But as for games...
None of the games I play are often considered duds, so I'm gonna have to go in a different direction: What I haven't played. Keep in mind, I'm 23 and not new to gaming (I grew up a Nintendo gamer only).

I haven't played:
-A Halo
-A Half-Life
-A God of War
-An Uncharted
-A Deus Ex
-A Prince of Persia other than the 2008 one
-A Final Fantasy (though I'm about to try one)
-Only 2 hours of BioShock (before I got to freaked out by it)
-Any survival-horror
-Baldur's Gate 1 or 2
-Neverwinter Nights 1 or 2
-I've never owned any Playstation console, so I haven't played any game for them except for Metal Gear Sold 4 on a roommate's PS3
-Okami (but I just got it for $4)
Damn, you're missing out...
Here's mine: I never played Portal... (yeah, I know)

Matthew Wilson

Apr 27, 2010
I hate online multiplayer - save for COD's Nazi zombies where it's needed.
I don't like the first Uncharted and haven't played the second because of it.
I still play Spyro The Dragon for PS1 on occasion.

Jun 26, 2009
Hmmmm...
Well...
My favorite Sonic game is Sonic Heroes, I fucking love Phantasy Star and bloody hate FFVII more then any other FF games...
Well maybe not FFX-2...
Who said we are lost again in this lonely world? I say we can start again, we're on the same ship. It's called starship earth!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE