Conflict between Palestine and Israel escalates

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

I'd say they must think we're all stupid but there's still plenty of people who support what's going on so maybe they're right...
It's odd, but for some reason a tiny veneer of respectability is all some people need.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Yes, somehow the occupiers of Palestine and the settlers in Australia have better media about this than the vaunted leaders of the free world.
There should be no conspiracy as to whose hand is guiding western media now. What other country can get roughly half of another country to cheer on a genocide? It’s no wonder they hate our fucking guts.

Last edited:

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I'd say they must think we're all stupid but there's still plenty of people who support what's going on so maybe they're right...
So we're clear on where the USA stands...

The UK, via its international obligations and popular will, should be no supporter of Israel. However, the USA has the ability to make life for the UK - or at least its government - very, very difficult indeed. The UK is supposed to be one of the USA's closest allies, and yet there's a senior advisor for a major presidential candidate announcing the USA will retaliate heavily if the UK (or any other ally) does not obey it over Israel.

That's where the USA is and what it will do: it expends huge quantities of political capital to protect Israel, Netanyahu can spit straight into the face of the US president and walk away without repercussions, and even US citizens can be murdered without serious objection.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

I have no idea how in the hell this is even possible and Israel is saying they didn't do it but... Israel probably did it so I put it here.

Edit: I would think they have to have somehow gotten bombs into them cause I don't see how they'd all go off the same way at the same time. If it were batteries being overheated, you'd think they'd "pop" at different intervals and different degrees. I'm not sure which would be more terrifying though...

Last edited:

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I have no idea how in the hell this is even possible and Israel is saying they didn't do it but... Israel probably did it so I put it here.

Edit: I would think they have to have somehow gotten bombs into them cause I don't see how they'd all go off the same way at the same time. If it were batteries being overheated, you'd think they'd "pop" at different intervals and different degrees. I'm not sure which would be more terrifying though...
I'd be inclined to agree that some sort of explosive might have been built into them. It's hard to see batteries (particularly in something as small as a pager) doing that much, but then I'm not expert.

Unless this was also some sort of special Hezbollah pager, it also suggest grotesque lack of concern for civilian casualties: so, very Israel, then.

Reactions: tippy2k2

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Approximately 2800 injured (including civilians), 300 critically, by the pager attack on Lebanon. 12 dead, including 2 children. Lebanon intends to file complaint with the UN. It's blatantly a breach of international law, and potentially an effort to stymie negotiations and geographically broaden/perpetuate the conflict.

Meanwhile, Netanyahu is also trying to make Israeli control of the Philadelphi corridor (the border between Gaza and Egypt, on Gaza's southwestern side) a requirement for a ceasefire. The corridor is legally controlled by Egypt but was seized by Israel early in the conflict.