Conflict of Interest

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
The punchline made me giggle, and I think the way she sounded so dismissive in my head helped. Thanks for the laugh.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
Sewa_Yunga said:
Okay, don't get this one... at all :(
The joke, I believe, stems form the fact that Erin is breaking off the dating not because he is a giant praying mantis-alien, but instead works for Activision.

Hell, that would be a relationship killer in any scenario.

I will now resign myself to the realm of eternal unlove for exaplaining a joke.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Sewa_Yunga said:
Okay, don't get this one... at all :(
It's implying that being an Activision employee is worse than being a giant monster mantis.

Swap Activision for EA/Microsoft/company-you-don't-like.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Great punchline it made me laugh

I wonder tho if they had kids would they go with the head eating

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Yeah I feel I'm a little lost on this joke. Unless it's something to do with Grey and Cory not welcoming their new insect overlords then I don't geddit.

Jhooud

Someone's Dad
Nov 29, 2011
synobal said:
The joke doesn't really work with a female, and a male preying mantis.
Actually, for him, I suspect it would make quite a bit of sense to date outside of his species. Just sayin...

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
A wise move in avoiding that relationship I'd say, especially because I believe Blorkesh is related to these guys: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/10144-Critical-Miss-Top-Five-Games-of-2012-3

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Jhooud said:
synobal said:
The joke doesn't really work with a female, and a male preying mantis.
Actually, for him, I suspect it would make quite a bit of sense to date outside of his species. Just sayin...
That is another way to look at it. But I don't think it works outside the original joke, in that she is dating a guy from activision.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
But Erin!! YOU get to eat his head after procreation. And your kids would have your hair and his razor sharp pincer-thingies.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
I can see an arc in my head where erin dates the Mantis and he's happy because he doesn't have to die after sex when dating human girls. Then after the first time in bed he says he works for activision. Then Erin goes crazy and kills him like normal mantis relationships. Final shot is Erin cubicle with the mantis head mounted on the cubicle wall...

But that's take like 5 strips and this is a good jioke3 for a single strip and it made me laugh and brightened my morning.

Dec 14, 2009
Renegade-pizza said:
But Erin!! YOU get to eat his head after procreation. And your kids would have your hair and his razor sharp pincer-thingies.
rayen020 said:
I can see an arc in my head where erin dates the Mantis and he's happy because he doesn't have to die after sex when dating human girls. Then after the first time in bed he says he works for activision. Then Erin goes crazy and kills him like normal mantis relationships. Final shot is Erin cubicle with the mantis head mounted on the cubicle wall...

But that's take like 5 strips and this is a good jioke3 for a single strip and it made me laugh and brightened my morning.
Sorry to ruin this for you guys, but female mantis only eat the heads of their mates in captivity.

It's actually a disorder amongst the species.