Conflict of Interest

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
rayen020 said:
I can see an arc in my head where erin dates the Mantis and he's happy because he doesn't have to die after sex when dating human girls. Then after the first time in bed he says he works for activision. Then Erin goes crazy and kills him like normal mantis relationships. Final shot is Erin cubicle with the mantis head mounted on the cubicle wall...
Sorry to ruin this for you guys, but female mantis only eat the heads of their mates in captivity.

It's actually a disorder amongst the species.
meh doesn't ruin nothin for me. it's just an idea i had reading the comments. People were talkin about mantis killing their partners. I suppose my idea could work with a male black widow spider working for EA.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, had an evil company last strip. Nothing wrong with the comic, but timing seems a bit odd.

Oh, and looks like Erin doesn't get out often.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Renegade-pizza said:
But Erin!! YOU get to eat his head after procreation. And your kids would have your hair and his razor sharp pincer-thingies.
rayen020 said:
I can see an arc in my head where erin dates the Mantis and he's happy because he doesn't have to die after sex when dating human girls. Then after the first time in bed he says he works for activision. Then Erin goes crazy and kills him like normal mantis relationships. Final shot is Erin cubicle with the mantis head mounted on the cubicle wall...

But that's take like 5 strips and this is a good jioke3 for a single strip and it made me laugh and brightened my morning.
Sorry to ruin this for you guys, but female mantis only eat the heads of their mates in captivity.

It's actually a disorder amongst the species.
Well, did you consider that Blorkesh maybe comes from one of those families?
Also, why are four of his eyes pointed to the ceiling?

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
Didn't Boby Kotick once complain in an interview that all the negative press about him was affecting his dating chances?
http://kotaku.com/5968843/please-quit-photoshopping-horns-onto-bobby-kotick-its-bad-for-his-dating-life

A bit of a belated reference?

That was an epic whine of Boby BTW. Yes, a woman who is otherwise interested in a serious relationship with him as a person would immediately be put off when finding photoshops of him with devil horns. Because she wouldn't bother to find out why people hate him so much and decide whether it's a reason for her not to date him or anything. Or if he's not looking for a thoughtfull inteligent woman to share a meaningfull relationship with: You get a huge salary for milking your consumers and studio heads dry. I'm sure a guy with your net worth can find a quick fuck easily enough.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Also, why doesn't Activision advertise their games like Ubisoft does?
Ubusoft's games are made by multicultural teams.
Activisions are made by humans AND insectiod aliens!

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
synobal said:
The joke doesn't really work with a female, and a male preying mantis.
Indeed, his willingness to let Erin eat his head should be enough for her to give him another chance... you just can't please some girls...

DaRigger420

Jun 26, 2010
Great Comic today!

About the only thing that would have made it any better is a DL-44 blaster in Erin's hand under the table a-la Han vs Greedo.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Me55enger said:
Sewa_Yunga said:
Okay, don't get this one... at all :(
The joke, I believe, stems form the fact that Erin is breaking off the dating not because he is a giant praying mantis-alien, but instead works for Activision.

Hell, that would be a relationship killer in any scenario.

I will now resign myself to the realm of eternal unlove for exaplaining a joke.
But... if it did go that far[footnote]Must. Not. Think. About. Mental. Image. Not working. and now I need a labotimy...[/footnote], wouldnt she be the one to eat his head?

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I think poking holes in the logical inconsistencies of this comic strip is kinda pointless.. just get the joke, laugh, maybe discuss in the comments and move on.

*cough* Surely the mantis doesn't have to be out to eat Erin's head for it to be a bad idea to be dating A GIANT MANTIS. *cough*

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
I like that we can't even talk crap about Activision anymore without it getting immediately derailed into EA hate. Ye gods, EA, what have you wrought?

Also... as always another hilarious comic. Keep it up!

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I... seriously can't believe the amount of people that need a joke this straightforward explained to them. Oh, Escapist forums. Never change.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Love the comic... But the 'happy to deceive you' reference is really getting on my nerves. I'm sure I know where it's from but I can't remember! Given the ones I tend to know (lyrics, I squee'd when I read a Streetlight Manifesto one once) it's probably a song I haven't listened to in ages.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
A mantis is actually an apt comparison for Activison, they catch and hold onto developers, eats them to death and grow stronger for it.