Conspiracy theories you agree with

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
MetalDooley said:
JFK ribble rabble we've all seen quoted before by other people in this thread
I'm not trying to convert you, just show this hilarious software me and my friends found and played with for a solid week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JFK:_Reloaded

http://www.fileplanet.com/192027/190000/fileinfo/JFK-Reloaded-v1.1-(Free-Game)

You get points for recreating the assassination, you lose points for opening up on the crowd. I have fun trying to get the car to crash.

BrassButtons

Nov 17, 2009
lechat said:
moon landing.
can't say i'm fully convinced either way but i do think that america would have and could have faked it if necessary and considering the political climate if there was even a shadow of a doubt they would have been beaten by the soviets they would have done it
Why wouldn't the Soviet's have called them out on it? Better yet, why would the Soviets have played along, monitoring the communications between earth and Apollo 11 (which they agreed was in space--they even promised that their Luna 15 would not interfere with it), and never once calling bullshit on the whole thing?

Desert Punk said:
Though doing a bit more research it seems it was central american and not egyptian
OK, that makes a tad more sense. I was thinking the style didn't look very Egyptian, but I wasn't sure.

As to what it actually is, I can't find any reputable sources to begin using to make a judgement. If this is anything like most archaeological "mysteries" the real archaeologists figured it out years ago, and the rest of us just aren't reading the right literature :D It'd probably be important to look at other figure from a similar region and time period. If they had a habit of exaggerating features/combining features from different animals/adding shit that wasn't really there, then the butterfly theory becomes a perfect fit.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
JFK's assassination is far too fishy for me to accept the official explanation, so while it's not enough to say there was some big conspiracy I don't think things went down as exactly as they said for whatever reason.

The conspiracy around the Titanic doesn't seem that far fetched, not that they deliberately sunk it but I can believe they used another similar looking ship if the Titanic wasn't ready for use, especially if there was a lot of money riding on it.

Don't believe the moon landing was faked for one moment since the theories either require too many people to know, or that they're so elaborate that it would have been easier for NASA to just go to the moon anyway, without of course forgetting that not a single person has come forward as a whistle blowing since and well dead people don't have much to fear...

Most recent of course is 9/11, I used to assign some credibility to the theories thanks to Loose Change, but then changed my mind when they were thoroughly destroyed and debunked, that doesn't necessarily mean the conspiracy theorists are wrong just that they don't have any current evidence to suggest they're right, and there is how the towers fell - that is fishy.

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
Dead Century said:
Might get some flak for this, but I've always agreed that 9/11 was an inside job in order to get the Patriot Act put into law and generally approved by the American public through fear.
Glad you said it first! I think the patriot act was coming anyway and the goal was more about legitimising invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq. there are just so many things that dont make sense with the official story. or just dont make sense at all.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
torno said:
bigfatcarp93 said:
Well... I believe in most cryptids.

Not Nessie, that one just seems a little inconsistent.

But Bigfoot I buy. As someone who's lived in Oregon my whole life, I can tell you that those forests are fucking BIIIIG, and I totally buy that something could hide out there.

Also the Yeti, and Mokele Mbembe.

Chupacabra's bullshit, though.
I don't know if I'd call that a conspiracy theory, but maybe I'm wrong.
Mothman is a personal favorite of mine, by the way.
Real? Not real?
I don't know, never seen him myself (or of any other cryptid for that matter) but I'm open to the possibility.
Anyway.

Skip to 1:00. If JonTron is scared of Mothman, he has to be real.

OT: Ones I do believe in are more supernatural then political, also cause I hate politics.

Aliens, BigFoot, and recently Mermaids.
I don't exactly remember but there was a recent program that got footage of people in a submarine trying to find Mermaids.
During they got its attention with strange whale like noises they recorded to see if they can attract one.
It got quiet, an *BOOM* creepy webbed hand appearing on the side window. Oh yeah, then the government came in and tried to disprove the evidence.
I'm sorry but that sounds too real. :D

Edit: Found the recent mermaid vid, turns out it was taken near Greenland.
Chills. Everywhere.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Hazy992 said:
I don't think I've ever heard a single conspiracy theory and thought it was true. I find them stupid at best, and outright offensive at worst.

Or I could be a pedantic ass and refer to the actual criminal definition of a conspiracy, a plan by two or more people to do something unlawful in the future, and say I believe in something that actually happened, like the Gunpowder Plot or something. But then I'm totally not a pedantic ass :p
Oh trust me. When it comes to conspiracy theorists, you are FULLY justified in being an asshole to them. They really, really do deserve it.

Like this guy:

http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/

Who claims that THE MOON is a hoax.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Jews are over represented in business. I am not saying that they run the United States, or that they are all zionists. I am only saying that Jewish people stick together, and their large representation in lofty positions in the USA governement is more than likely a factor in why the USA defends Israel so strongly. There are also other factors, such as right wing Christians and Jerusalem. I repeat, I am not antisemetic.

I also thoroughly believe that the United States Knew about Pearl Harbor and allowed it to happen.

Although the USA probably did not commit 9/11 themselves, I would not be surprised if they knew about the attack before hand but did nothing as an excuse to further their geopolitical agendas and create a huge fear of terrorism in the public.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
BrassButtons said:
Westaway said:
I also thoroughly believe that the United States Knew about Pearl Harbor and allowed it to happen.
And you think they did this because...?
I'm going to reply again tomorrow if I remember. It's late now and I was about to go to bed. I'll sum it up, though.

After WWI the American public had no stomach for war. The United States governement wanted to join the war for several reasons. They intercepted a Japanese radio transmission with information of the attack. If the United States were attacked, without warning, they woud appear like victims and the people would rally to fight their attackers.
Proof would be that there were no air craft carriers at Pearl Harbor during the attack, the most precious naval asset. They got them out of there before the attack.

CrazyMedic

Jun 1, 2010
lechat said:
moon landing.
can't say i'm fully convinced either way but i do think that america would have and could have faked it if necessary and considering the political climate if there was even a shadow of a doubt they would have been beaten by the soviets they would have done it
then why did the Russians go along with it, there are so many people who tracked it on radar, also how did the mirrors they put on the moon to measure the exact distance get there, also how did they create the dust puffs around there feet while they walked?

BrassButtons

Nov 17, 2009
Westaway said:
After WWI the American public had no stomach for war. The United States governement wanted to join the war for several reasons.
The American public doesn't actually need to be on board with a war for Congress to declare it. And there are more ways--better ways--to sway public opinion than by allowing a portion of your military to be killed. Propaganda was not an unknown thing.

They intercepted a Japanese radio transmission with information of the attack.
When?

If the United States were attacked, without warning, they woud appear like victims and the people would rally to fight their attackers.
The same would also happen if the US were actually attacked without warning.

Proof would be that there were no air craft carriers at Pearl Harbor during the attack, the most precious naval asset. They got them out of there before the attack.
That's not "proof". That's "interpreting the evidence to fit the conclusion".

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Mycroft Holmes said:
Well I don't agree with the general conspiracy of Obama wasn't born in America. But Obama's birth certificate was definitely doctored. The term African American is a more recent addition to our vernacular. If you compare his certificate to other state documents at the time as well as handbook guidelines on how to fill out state documentation the term used in Hawaii is "negroid."
Not that I'm trying to argue with you on this point, but what are the possibilities that the term had to do with his lineage? His father was, after all, African and his mother was American.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
I don't know, every time now that I think of the term "conspiracy theory" I think back on the Venture Brothers and a funny little quote:
"As soon as God crapped out the third caveman a conspiracy theory was hatched against one of them."

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
I am of the firm belief that there are aliens. They hop over the border every damn day, and people still don't think they exist.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
Lilani said:
Not that I'm trying to argue with you on this point, but what are the possibilities that the term had to do with his lineage? His father was, after all, African and his mother was American.
Nearly impossible.

There has been a long held racist belief in the US as well as other societies that a single drop of non-white blood automatically makes you Black, Hispanic, Asian, ect. You can see it even today with Obama the first 'black' president; who happens to be more white than he is any other race(Arabic and Black being the two others.) And that is in todays society where we consider ourselves to not be racist; it would have been much worse in the 1960s when racism was still very much accepted. So the likelihood of their admitting he had even an ounce of white heritage would be completely out of character for the time period. And neither 'African' nor 'American' were used as racial indicators on Hawaiian state documents from the 60s.

As for natural born US citizenship though, McCain's birth certificate is actually more suspect.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Vegosiux said:
Uncategorized, I do feel inclined to agree that some powerful corporations might be holding patents on innovations simply so that nobody can threaten their market positions.
That's not a conspiracy theory. I've seen the patent whoring in the cell phone/tablet world first hand. Large companies (Apple, Panasonic, Google, etc) are desperate to patent everything they can as quickly as possible, and then they sit on the patents and do nothing with them except charge their competitors royalties to use them. It's fucking disgusting and a clear reason why patent law needs to be revamped, but they absolutely do it.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Nothing I can think of off hand but it baffles me when I hear some of them, Lunar landing hoax? Just a few reads or juts watch one episode of Mythbusters (the moon one) and that'll kill a chunk of the 'evidence'. If that's not enough there has been images of the site taken from earth and there's mirrors there that we use to calibrate telescopes. So if you subscribe to that you're just blinding yourself.

JFK has also been debunked in almost every way but people keep bringing up things that have already been solved, his head went toward the direction the bullet was shot? Yes that's what happens when a bullet enters from one side and blows out the other, pressure shoots your head in the other way. Magic bullet? JFK was raised up so the bullet that hit him and the guy in front was 1 bullet, the missing bullet? They have a strong case it hit the traffic light.

I won't even dive into 9/11 there's so many things I hear that stun me on how stupid you'd have to be to believe such a thing. The only one I'll bring up is; the people on the plane that was taken down by the passengers, were all taken by the government and hidden away while the plane had no one in it and was remotely detonated or some such nonsense.