Cooking Mama: The PETA Version

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
henritje said:
duchaked said:
okay so I can't believe I just played through that...but I was hungry...and I still am...more so in fact

well, then I saw the tofu...I quit too
are you hungry for a turkey sandwich?
actually, turkey is often kinda dry

how about ham?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Ninteen45 said:
I'm going to agree with everyone saying thisgame was fun. Please make another you soylent green supporting fools! PLEASE!
Unfortunately, they did.

Don't ask them again, please.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
I'm for animal rights as much as the next person, but PETA completely jumped the shark (and then protested the conditions the shark was held in) around the time that they campaigned for fish to be called 'sea kittens'.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Ah PETA, you never cease to amuse and make yourself the laughing stock of the world with your over the top tactics and dead chicken videos.

Any credibility you had vanished... ah who are we kidding, you never had credibility.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Hunde Des Krieg said:
I3uster said:
Hunde Des Krieg said:
Does PeTA have any idea how nature works? Nature is far more cruel than humanity is. Half of all prey animals in the wild are eaten while they are still partially alive or have to suffer slow horrible deaths. They do realize that the animals we raise for livestock are practically immune from extinction? yes there are many animals that suffer before they are butchered, and those responsible should be punished, these are the animals raised in factory settings. Animals raised outside on natural foods live better lives and taste better too. They are killed quickly and humanely, and help to feed humanity.
i dont think that it is cruel to kill animals, but thinks it is cruel how they are held and killed (the WAY of killing matters here)
It is cruel when they are held upside-down and have their throats cut, and they slowly bleed out, but a quick bolt through the head and they're gone, no pain, no suffering. Beheaded? yep gone, no pian, and don't think the whole chicken with its head cut off thing means pain, the animals head is off.

but nature is far more cruel, lions slowly choking their prey to death, wolves harrassing and exhausting prey to death, pythons and boas crushing their prey to death. Need I go on? as long as animals get to live outside, and eat natural food, reproduce, and die a fast painless death, then what's the problem?
This is more or less my opinion. Nature is far more cruel than we could ever be, even trees and other plants seek to live through murder(shading the ground under them to kill competitors), heck some plants produce herbicides in thier roots to kill off competitors. herbivours overgraze to keep competitors from getting food. Carnivors are obvious. Besides that, if it was somehow unholy to eat meat, god wouldn't have 1)made them so tasty, 2) given us canine teeth, 3) given us the need to eat meat(baring mulivitamins and other creations of man)

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Don't buy normal food, buy the fake stuff, sure it's only twice as expensive, tastes like cardboard and isn't any better for you.. BUT IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

also, isn't this like three years old?

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
iain62a said:
IS it wrong that this thread makes me hungry?
It makes me hungry.
It's the same as watching Supersize Me, I just really want a cheeseburger after watching it... :|

Anyway, this game is actually quite fun. Enjoyed wasting time at work with it ;)

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
Virgil said:
I'm a big fan of animals too. Usually at Medium Well.
Rare is where it's at. It makes me feel so much closer to nature.
OT: PETA is, has always been, and will always been a group of fanatical hypocrites. Pay no heed.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Royas said:
I wonder if the makers of Cooking Mama have any intentions of suing the hell out of PETA for what looks very much like a copyright violation. I mean, they are using the name, similar imagery, similar gameplay... it's easy to mistake this for something actually endorsed by the original makers. That looks like a gimme lawsuitt.
Given they state they're an unlicensed version, if you mistake it you have problems.

That aside, they'd probably argue parody, and get away with it.

(Please don't take my notion that they'd get away with it as parody as an endorsement of PETA. I only throw up this disclaimer due to some of the hostility I got for pointing out South Park crossed the line out of satire and could be sued for it, which got me PMs about how ZOMGHOWCOULDYOUHATESOUTHPARKITZBRILLIANTILOVEITITZSOFUNNEH, which has NOTHING to do with the law or the likelyhood of a court case).

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Claiming that eating animals equals murder while refusing to acknowledge the fact the plants that you are chowing down on died and where in fact at one point living organisms is baffling to me. Murder is murder regardless to rather you deem the thing you are killing is self aware or not.

The point I am trying to make is in order to survive human will need to kill to live it is a necessary evil. Despite what vegans would have you believe Humans are not genetically programed to eat only plants. Humans require animal matter to function properly.

That being said Americans put way to much focus on meat; humans only require a faction of the meat consumed in the typical American diet.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
I remember finding this a few years ago, I really don't like PETA at all and this was icing on the cake for that.

Seriously if you believe in animal rights good for you but at least join an organization thats better then PETA, you're just making yourself look bad.

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
I definetely think that we should see to it that the animals we breed to eat are bred under good circumstances, but I still won't give up on meat. :p It's just TOO good.

Also this game is totally whack, and in my eyes it just screams "propaganda".

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, THIS ***** GOT NECRO'D!

Anyway, I guess I'll add to the necrophilia.

PETA has been, and it looks like they always WILL be, an organisation of idiots and soccer moms with too much time on their hands.

My mom was telling me about how back in the 80's(?) they would throw red paint on people with fur coats, and because of that she didn't wear her's out anywhere. Here's the kicker. Most people have insurance on their fur coats, so if they are ruined, they get replaced. By throwing paint on people to "send a message" or whatever the fuck they were trying to do, they were killing MORE animals! It's all well and good to want animals to be treated well, but check your fucking facts first, and don't get in my face about eating a fucking burger near you. If you don't like it, fuck off.
Damn right. I remember hearing about the red paint thing as well, and I find such actions by PETA hi-larious. The harder they try, the more animals that will end up dead in all likelihood. They are a deranged, extremist organization that attempts to convey their message through hyperbole that they actually believe, like all meat-eaters make satan look like a toy bunny covered in hearts.

This does not stop animal cruelty, let alone meat consumption; it just makes them look like immature brats who cannot support an argument containing more thoughtful depth than an inverted spoon, using sound proposals and compromises.