Corvid-19 and its impact (name edit)

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Thaluikhain said:
Silentpony said:
Still doesn't change that it seems WAY to coincidental this virus started in the exact city where research into this virus was being conducted.
It's also rather coincidental that the world has been shut down just when people got loudest at saying we have to shut the world down because of climate change problems. It's also coincidental that it'll mostly kill off boomers, who get stereotyped as being a terrible obstacle to progress. And poor people, ditto, in different ways.

Coincidences happen.
What about the fact the research facility where they were conducting the bat/human hybrid corona-virus research is less than 300 meters from the fishmarket where the Chinese government claims this all started from?
All Im saying is that no, this didn't start in Chicago, London, Madrid or Tokyo. It started in Wuhan, where in 2015 the Wuhan institute of virology published they had successfully created a strain of the corona-virus that can infect humans.
If this had started in Las Vegas I would be saying wow, those Wuhan scientists were ahead of their time, props, and whatcha' know? But it didn't. It started at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market, less than 1000 feet away from the South China University of Technology's research branch that first published in 2015.

That's a hell of a coincidence. That's a smoking gun next to a bullet filled body level of coincidence. That yes, a gun was shot, a person was hit by bullets, but we can't possibly guess if they're related.

I mean whats more likely, a coronavirus just randomly starting in the same place researching human/bat hybrid coronavirus, or some intern selling dead animals to markets under the table instead of incinerating them for some extra cash? Or a mouse escaping and falling into a live fish tank to be eaten by lobsters. Or a bat escaping and getting caught and put into a tempora and sold.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Marik2 said:
Mexico will be the next country to have a catastrophe. It's a country full of diabetes and high blood pressure, so the virus will just kill off people with ease. Their president doesn't care about the virus at all.
What a weird way to spell United States of America.

Eacaraxe_v1legacy

Mar 28, 2010
Marik2 said:
Yeah, there's already conspiracy theories about how this is one big project on how the government is trying to enact marshal law, kill the weak for profit, slow down climate change, and force vaccinations on the populace.
If I were to throw on my tinfoil hat at all, I'd suggest in which populations the virus first hit as a key indicator. The three earliest "super-spreading" events in the US, from which most cases can be traced as far as I'm aware, were AIPAC's and CPAC's 2020 conferences, and that Biogen conference in February. From the little news I've read thus far of COVID-19 spread abroad, it seems a noteworthy number of G8/G20 countries experienced similar instances of effects among sociopolitical elite.

When you figure those most likely to spread it internationally would be executives and dignitaries who enjoy privileged travel it makes sense, but on the other hand one cannot help but wonder about COVID-19's clear "trickle-down" virus nature.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Marik2 said:
Although Johnson's sufficiently complacent to have not followed appropriate health advice, I'm also willing to bet it might be that the lazy, incompetent twat is taking a sickie so he doesn't have deal with running the country when things get really difficult. Enter shit shield Dominic Raab - who's unfortunately also incompetent.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Silentpony said:
Thaluikhain said:
Silentpony said:
Still doesn't change that it seems WAY to coincidental this virus started in the exact city where research into this virus was being conducted.
That's a hell of a coincidence. That's a smoking gun next to a bullet filled body level of coincidence. That yes, a gun was shot, a person was hit by bullets, but we can't possibly guess if they're related.
What people have been telling you is that, to use your metaphor, the rifling marks on this virus do not match those of the gun nearby, and ergo the bullet could not have been fired from that gun. Although in the case of the virus, scratch out "could not" and exchange it for "incredibly, incredibly unlikely."

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
My city just has people driving around for no specific location. Most of my apartment complex doesn't want to stay indoors.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
SupahEwok said:
Silentpony said:
Thaluikhain said:
Silentpony said:
What people have been telling you is that, to use your metaphor, the rifling marks on this virus do not match those of the gun nearby, and ergo the bullet could not have been fired from that gun. Although in the case of the virus, scratch out "could not" and exchange it for "incredibly, incredibly unlikely."
That's my sticking point. However unlikely, it happened. It didn't start in Korea, Russia, Brazil or England. Not London, Moscow, St. Louis, Budapest or fucking Mars. It started at a fish market down the road of a research center researching how to infect people with this virus.

It's the bird of prey that fires while cloaked.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Agema said:
Marik2 said:
Although Johnson's sufficiently complacent to have not followed appropriate health advice, I'm also willing to bet it might be that the lazy, incompetent twat is taking a sickie so he doesn't have deal with running the country when things get really difficult. Enter shit shield Dominic Raab - who's unfortunately also incompetent.
Boris Johnson said he was shaking hands with coronavirus patients just weeks before he tested positive for Covid-19. The prime minister confirmed he had entered self-isolation on Friday 27 March. Early this month, he insisted that people would be 'pleased to know' that the virus would not stop him greeting hospital patients with a handshake
https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2020/mar/27/i-shook-hands-with-everybody-says-boris-johnson-weeks-before-coronavirus-diagnosis-video

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Silentpony said:
SupahEwok said:
Silentpony said:
Thaluikhain said:
Silentpony said:
That's my sticking point. However unlikely, it happened. It didn't start in Korea, Russia, Brazil or England. Not London, Moscow, St. Louis, Budapest or fucking Mars. It started at a fish market down the road of a research center researching how to infect people with this virus.

Of course it didn't happen somewhere else, they set up research facilities in the region where you are most likely to find these type of bat viruses to study these type of bat viruses. Why would someone set up a research facility in Russia to study these bat viruses that exist in nature in China? This is no different than sending teams to the Amazon to study viruses that primarily exist in the Amazon to be able to obtain data. You do not go to a house down the street to put out the fire when the fire is at your house , not theirs. These viruses already exist in nature, the institute was set up to find and research them. It only became a concern of the general population when the viruses transfer from other animals to humans and are harmful to humans. The virus itself is not new, it is only "new" in the sense that humans contracted it now and we have not had time to test how to best slow it, treat it and prevent it yet so it can do more damage while we try to figure this out.

There is no cloaked warbird firing at people, just people trying to find solutions to fight things that already exist in our world that can harm us that you simply are not aware are there already. Here is the actual reality of the world we live in: We live in a living, ever changing world surrounded by many types of viruses, fungi and bacteria that could potentially harm us. People actually do contract all sorts of viruses all the time that we are primarily not aware of because they are benign and do not cause alarm, and in this case one that did cause alarm due to damaging effect on humans. There are plenty of other viruses that already exist out there that this could happen with and it is just a matter of time before another one happens. That is why we actually need to fund more research into their existence, not less so that we can be better prepared when they do. We need more of these facilities, not attack them out of paranoia when one of the very things they are trying to combat does actually start to causes harm and we were not yet ready for it.

The research facility there was studying multiple types of bat viruses from that region, not just one like this one, they were studying the bat viruses they could find that already existed in that region. The viruses existing in that region is why they were studying them in that region in the first place. It is what brought researchers there to begin with. That is what you expect to happen, and no it is not suspicious that they were there at all tbh. It is only suspicious really to those who do not understand how this works in the first place.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Marik2 said:
My city just has people driving around for no specific location. Most of my apartment complex doesn't want to stay indoors.
People refusing to self isolate is what will make this take longer. You cannot keep up with patching the holes in the boat as long as you have these numskulls smashing holes in faster than they can be patched. Essentially, we pretty much need the world to behave as though they have the virus and stay home for the present so that we can stop it's spread. Most people are being infected by people who do not know they are carriers of the virus.

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
Lil devils x said:
Marik2 said:
People refusing to self isolate is what will make this take longer. You cannot keep up with patching the holes in the boat as long as you have these numskulls smashing holes in faster than they can be patched. Essentially, we pretty much need the world to behave as though they have the virus and stay home for the present so that we can stop it's spread. Most people are being infected by people who do not know they are carriers of the virus.
How much of this continual self quarenteening will be the blame of the spring breakers that cropped up in Florida and the like? I mean I remember hearing a bunch of this might be lifted on April 19th at one point, but if idiots keep this up, staying away from our fellow human beings may be less voluntary.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Silentpony said:

As others have said, the research center is located in Wuhan because the bats carrying the viruses are indigenous to Wuhan. The wet market where it all started is a place where you can buy meat from locally caught bats. It is far more likely that people handling dead bats with corona viruses caught Covid-19, because of poor hygiene standards, and passed it on to customers then it is that some clandestine virologist opened up some Umbrella Style virus cylinder and infected everyone.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
saint of m said:
How much of this continual self quarenteening will be the blame of the spring breakers that cropped up in Florida and the like? I mean I remember hearing a bunch of this might be lifted on April 19th at one point, but if idiots keep this up, staying away from our fellow human beings may be less voluntary.
People don't take the virus seriously in large because of weak or lackadaisical government activity to encourage preventative measures.

It is a problem in trying to prevent an outbreak when senior politicians spend half their time downplaying the threat or fail to lead by example and carry out the same measures they're recommending for their people. Those mixed messages induce people to think it's no big deal and that they and everyone else will be fine.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/mar/27/trump-pollution-laws-epa-allows-companies-pollute-without-penalty-during-coronavirus

Hmm. Nothing like a crisis to conveniently pass a helping hand to your favourite industries if they want to spew out more respiratory irritants. In the middle of a disease outbreak affecting the respiratory tract.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Lil devils x said:
Marik2 said:
Yeah but how exactly? If they're not sneezing, sniffling or coughing, does it just waft out from their body from their pores?

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Kwak said:
Yeah but how exactly? If they're not sneezing, sniffling or coughing, does it just waft out from their body from their pores?
Some of our lecture theatres have massive computer screen in the podium (mirroring onto the projected screen). I can't help but notice they are absolutely covered in little spots: bits of spittle that have flown out of people's mouths as they speak.

Yes, you totally are going to have little droplets of fluid from your respiratory tract expelled regularly - even just from breathing. Or you touch your mouth, pick your nose, and then you touch door handles. And so on, and so on.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Kwak said:
The individual virons are less than 100 nanometers across, so while they need fluids to live in the amount of fluid can be so small you wouldn't necessarily notice it. Normal talking or breathing releases water droplets into the air.

Frontline doctors and nurses in the UK are apparently being fitted for hazmat suits, which is a good sign of how infectious it is.

Because I live with someone who works in a hospital I may have already had it, although if so I've had no symptoms besides a persistent cough. There's no way to know because there's no antibody test, so I'm just assuming I haven't developed any immunity and acting accordingly. On the other hand, a friend of mine (who is a nurse) caught it and said it was terrible and that she genuinely felt like she was going to die. Even if you're young and healthy, it can be very bad, so make sure to stay safe.