Costumes of Gen Con 2010

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Was the Narutards picture really needed in there? It just seems redundant at this point. People in regular clothes are more interesting.

I liked the Obi-Wan, since the guy actually looked like him from the movie.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
My hat goes off to the Big Daddy/Little Sister combo. Now *that* is cosplaying! =D

Nomicon

Aug 10, 2010
TimeLord said:
I love the Jack Sparrow! That must have taken alot to prepare!

Oyea the TARDIS is awesome too!
Thank you (I'm Captain Jack Sparrow in the pic).
It took 3 years putting it together (a "screen accurate" version). I've been doing this as a hobby for about 5 years now. It takes about and hour to put it all on correctly, wrapping the sash and getting the makeup correct. Probably an hour to get out of it and cleaned up too -A newfound respect for girls and their makeup I might add. Removing eyeliner isnt as easy as you might think ;)

Elizabeth Swann (who is also the Harley Quinn in #9) was with me a couple days this year http://eximgames.com/news/?p=116 Probably one of the best pics out there we think. She worked very hard all year on the costume and cosplay. And this one while we figured out where we wanted to go: http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=zoom&Site=B2&Date=20100808&Category=NEWS02&ArtNo=308080083&Ref=H1

Thanks everyone for the compliments :)
~Steve

Orange_Clockwork

Oct 29, 2009
Oh my god, I was so sad that there wasn't a single Fantasy or 40k rendition... Until that last picture. I fucking love slayers.

Nomicon

Aug 10, 2010
Orange_Clockwork said:
Oh my god, I was so sad that there wasn't a single Fantasy or 40k rendition... Until that last picture. I fucking love slayers.
I spoke with that guy later in the exhibit hall. He made taller pants to make a more stout dwarven look and said that the mohawk is a challenge in the breeze to keep upright. That's the 1st I've seen of it at the convention. He rocked...great couple too~!

Orange_Clockwork

Oct 29, 2009
Nomicon said:
Orange_Clockwork said:
I spoke with that guy later in the exhibit hall. He made taller pants to make a more stout dwarven look and said that the mohawk is a challenge in the breeze to keep upright. That's the 1st I've seen of it at the convention. He rocked...great couple too~!
That's pretty awesome, it just means I need to finish my Commissar outfit and my Priests outfit.

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
Warhammer and Magic the Gathering cosplay caught me by surprise.

Very cool Dwarf Slayer, can't imagine a lot of people being able to pull that one off.

The Serra Angels made me wonder why you don't see more costumes like that around. Especially these days now that they've given Magic a face through the Planeswalkers you'd think more Magic cosplayers would show up. Chandra is bound to show up somewhere I'd wager. Gideon Jura shouldn't be too far off as well.

The Cobra Commander is my personal fave of this lineup though, exquisite work.

Extraintrovert

Jul 28, 2010
While some of those were insanely well done, my favourite is definitely the Tetris blocks. It really can't get more classic than that.

rvb18

Aug 10, 2010
ShadowKatt said:
I'm impressed. I've seen a lot of cosplayers, but even the (reletively) poorly done Master Chief was pretty good.
shadow, you know for a fact that i rvb18 made a halo: reach Jun suit not master chief. and yes i made that and i was wearing it
BTW i may need some tips on building some metroid gear

rvb18

Aug 10, 2010
Larsirius said:
Picture #13 isn't Master Chief, it's the sniper of Noble Team, Jun, from the upcoming Halo Reach. Just wanted you to know.
thank you

BTW

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Awesome pictures, I especially like the steampunk angel and number 16.

I just have to be there sometime.

Edit: Didn't see those Serra Angels coming.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
A great cosplay selection. The Obi-Wan guy was the most impressive, right down to the beard.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Was the girl in page 16 cosplaying as Suigintou [http://mollyandmegan.com/resources/sgintou.jpg]? If so, the "flash-red" eyes was very appropriate. ^^

I liked the Big Daddy and Little Sister too.

EDIT: the only ones I really recognized were theose two and the tetris blocks. And the Halo Reach guy. Did anyone recognize who everyone was playing as? (except Obi Wan of course :p)

EDIT II: Ok fine, i recognized a lot of them, but not all of them, only like 46%.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Miumaru said:
Was the Narutards picture really needed in there? It just seems redundant at this point. People in regular clothes are more interesting.
Plus, I'm reasonably sure only three of those guys were actually dressed as Naruto characters, unless I'm mistaken, that's Mr.Popo and Vash the Stampede on either side. Neither of whom are from Naruto.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
.[B@lL15T1C said:
.]I'm pretty sure that skunk was a badger?
Absolutely.

Some nice Costumes there, some...well ok ones.
But in that Drow Pic, shouldnt HE be the Elf slave and she the Drow? i guess thats the usual way around isnt it?

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Pariahwulfen said:
PedroSteckecilo said:
That last dude ain't no crazy warrior, well... he is, but he's a specific one, he's a Warhammer Fantasy Dwarf.
He's the famous Trollslayer Gotrek Gurnisson.

Also for number 11, are you sure that's not a badger?
Well, it's a slayer. Not necessarily Gotrek.
And it's definitely a badger. I apologise for the video.

Also, was that Tim the enchanter I saw?