Could a sniper kill Magneto?

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Maybe the bullet entering his magnetic field can be detected by him, thus allowing him to simply stop the bullet in place and / or return it in the opposite direction at twice the speed.

He's a badass.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Kapol said:
Meatramen said:
Depends, he is aware that a lot of people hate him, so he might have a strong magnetic field around him at all times... However they could make the bullet out of something other than metal and BOOM, headshot. :)
Pretty much this. Though I think he can 'sense' metal in a way, which means that he'd sense the bullet coming at him and be able to stop it. I say that mainly based on the second movie where he 'senses' the iron in the guard's bloodstream and tears it out of him.
he doesnt exactly 'sense' the iron: everyone has iron in their blood. he would probably just know that.
however, in X-men 3 he does sense Wolverine's adamantium-coated bones.

MostlyHarmless said:
Deadpool could do it.

I say we call the Mythbusters.
that is the best idea ever since the first episode of Mythbusters existed.

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
Doubtful. Although his helmet and costume are probably bullet resistant. He could be generating a magnetic field, but you could shoot him with a flint-head arrow or something.

Failing that, just slit his throat while he's asleep. No way his powers can stop that.

Also, can someone tell me- if captain america's shield is indestructible, how did they make it into a shield?

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
Kapol said:
Meatramen said:
Depends, he is aware that a lot of people hate him, so he might have a strong magnetic field around him at all times... However they could make the bullet out of something other than metal and BOOM, headshot. :)
Pretty much this. Though I think he can 'sense' metal in a way, which means that he'd sense the bullet coming at him and be able to stop it. I say that mainly based on the second movie where he 'senses' the iron in the guard's bloodstream and tears it out of him.
You do realise bullets aren't made of metal, right?

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I am not into the whole lore or universe what ever of comics and such but couldn't you just use a bullet made out of a non-magnetic metal? There's only like 5 or so magnetic metals (if I remember right) so why not just use one of them?

Dec 27, 2010
This the oddest thread ever.

OT; If he was completely unprepared, probably, but I doubt Magneto would ever be unprepared. Actually, quick-question; why would Magneto ever be walking aimlessly down the street?

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
It would kill him. If he didn't see it coming there is no stopping it. They would just never kill him off that way because hes a major character and that would be lame as hell.

Introspector

Aug 20, 2011
Magneto is mildy magnetic subconsciously, so he can sense metal in the surrounding area- therefore he would be able to tell that you had the gun, loaded it etc.
Add to that the fact that he seems to be atuned to the worlds magnetic field anyway, he could probably sense metals within a wide radius.
Or fly away magnetically.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Valkyira said:
Kapol said:
Meatramen said:
Yes they are. I've fired rifles and I can tell you that bullets are made of metal.

OT:

If you shot him with a diamond bullet it'd end a lot of problems...

Gwarr

Mar 24, 2010
I always said Green Arrow could kill Magneto( ye one is from Dc , other is from Marvel .)

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
FirstPersonWinner said:
What they said. Also though on the "other than metal" bullet thing, I don't know how that would work. His helmet that he always wears is a really strong metal, so I don't know what non-metallic material could pierce that.
Make a bullet out of diamond im mean the shell all be metal and everything fire out of a .700 sure that will penetrate.

socialmenace42

May 8, 2010
triggrhappy94 said:
*Snip Myself*

On second thought actually, not all metals are magnetic. And the army does use depleted uranium as armor piercing bullets. And uranium is very weakly affected by magnets.
/thread
Just make the damn bullets out of titanium. or tungsten. Hell, carve a bullet out of diamond, then tell the shooter if he misses he can pay for it.

Shifty Tortoise

Sep 10, 2008
FirstPersonWinner said:
What they said. Also though on the "other than metal" bullet thing, I don't know how that would work. His helmet that he always wears is a really strong metal, so I don't know what non-metallic material could pierce that.
Diamond, simple ^^

Yea, i think it could only happen with diamond bullets

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
MrJKapowey said:
Valkyira said:
Kapol said:
Meatramen said:
Yes they are. I've fired rifles and I can tell you that bullets are made of metal.

OT:

Casings are metal the actual bullets are made of lead.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Maybe not a bullet, but an explosive device using a minimum or no amount of metal should easily take care of that. As crass as it maybe, the government might contract Al-Qaeda to rid them of magneto.

faspxina

Feb 1, 2010
FreelanceButler said:
I always assumed his silly bucket helmet was bulletproof or something. He sure can't be wearing it for fashion.

Although I suppose you could just use a wooden gun if you really wanted to beat him.

[sub]If you're after a serious answer, see anyone mentioning some constant magnetic field. That's what I'd assume.[/sub]
My God that was thrilling! And action-packed too!

daydreamerdeluxe

Jun 26, 2009
Valkyira said:
MrJKapowey said:
Valkyira said:
Kapol said:
Meatramen said:

OT:

Casings are metal the actual bullets are made of lead.
... Lead is a metal.

OT: Everyone who's saying "use diamonds!", you do realise diamond breaks on impact? Diamonds are extremely hard, which means they cut anything but only be cut by something equally hard. They are tougher than most gemstones, but terrible compared to most engineering materials. This means, on a forceful impact, they're likely to shatter. Not a material you want to make armour-piercing bullets out of.
However, with the right arrangement, you can make extraordinarily tough materials out of fullerenes. Still carbon, still not very magnetic if you make it right, so BAM, that could pierce his helmet without him realising it was happening.

Gwarr

Mar 24, 2010
FreelanceButler said:
I always assumed his silly bucket helmet was bulletproof or something. He sure can't be wearing it for fashion.

Although I suppose you could just use a wooden gun if you really wanted to beat him.

[sub]If you're after a serious answer, see anyone mentioning some constant magnetic field. That's what I'd assume.[/sub]
That always seemed odd to me . After he tells Magneto he got tricked he could have gone like " Oh , really? Well then I can play with your METAL cars , META police weapons and kill you all ) .He sounded so dumb in this series , but I did like it when I was a child.