Could you guys fill in a quick thing for my Sociology homework? (No links required)

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
1) Yes.

2) No.

3) No. Especially in my case where I have my own religion, there's not really a "church" for me to visit as such. :p

4) I'd like to vote "kind of" here, but given only the 2 choices I'll vote No.

5) No.

6) No.

7) N/A

8) Yes.

9) There's actually a pretty good mix around here, but again, given just the 2 options I'd still have to say Religious.

SaberXIII

Apr 29, 2010
1)Do you have a Religion?
No

2)If yes, do you regularly attend church/equivalent?
/////

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be 'religious'?
No

4)Do you think that Religion has a place in teaching children in terms of morality, etc?
Yes

5)Should children be educated on a specific religion from a young age? (E.g. prominent religion in that area, religion of family, etc)
No

6)Do you ever watch Religious television?
No

7)If yes, how often?
/////

8)Have you ever taken an interest in Theism/Spirituality? (Buddhism, meditation, etc)
No

9)Which do you see more often where you live, Religious, or Theistic/Spiritual points of view?
Honestly neither.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
No

N/A

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be 'religious'?
No

4)Do you think that Religion has a place in teaching children in terms of morality, etc?
No

5)Should children be educated on a specific religion from a young age? (E.g. prominent religion in that area, religion of family, etc)
No

No

7)If yes, how often?
N/A

8)Have you ever taken an interest in Theism/Spirituality? (Buddhism, meditation, etc)
No

9)Which do you see more often where you live, Religious, or Theistic/Spiritual points of view?
Spiritual

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
No

No

No

No

No

7)If yes, how often?

Yes

Religious

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
No

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be ?religious??
No

No. It can educate as to the fundamentals of morality, true, but that's part of a larger whole that should certainly not be taught as fact to children.

Hell no, it's essentially indoctrination.

No.

7)If yes, how often?
No.

No.

Religious, but it's still a relatively small number in my area.

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
No

-

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be ?religious??
No

Religion has just as much capacity to teach morality as it does to teach immorality, so the answer is ultimately no.

Yes, so long as it's done objectively.

No

7)If yes, how often?
-

No

Theistic

Jere Koskela

Aug 24, 2010
1) No
2) No
3) No
4) No
5) No
6) No
7) N/A
8) No
9) I'm not sure I understand the difference, but regardless the answer is neither.

Hydro14

Sep 23, 2010
1) No
2) Not Applicable
3) If only answering yes or no, then no. (see answer on spiritualism/religion for question 9 for more details on why this issue seems more complex; if we're accepting the definition of 'religion' as proposed in the Q9 answer then by definition the answer would be 'yes')
4) No
5) No
6) No
7) Not Applicable
8) Yes
9) Also not sure on the distinction; if we're saying that religion is by definition an organised practice and spiritualism is more a recognition of higher powers without the associated dogma, then I'd say I see both in fairly equal measure. (difficult to tell though, those who are 'spiritual' tend to be less in-your-face about it) In both cases I'd say less than 5% of the people I meet though.

I'm British if that helps provide context to these findings.

AndyRock

Dec 22, 2009
1)No
2)No
3)No
4)NO
5)Yes (if by this you mean they are taught about religion, rather than it being taught as truth)
6)No
7)N/a
8)No
9)Neither

jopomeister

Apr 7, 2010
1)No
2)N/A
3)No
4)No
5)No
6)No (In fact, I didn't even know such a thing existed)
7)N/A
8)No
9)Religion [Spain]