Could you kill a person?

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Nope. The worst I'd probably do is permanently screw up their hips and shoulders to immobilize them.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
It depends on what they did. If a criminal had wronged me in a way or was a potential danger, (as in, he/she killed my friend/family , or was about to give information to someone who wanted them dead, or raped someone, abused someone, etc.) I'd kill them. I'd probably be smiling while I did it, too.

I think it's more wrong to let these kinds of bastards live, but that's just my opinion.

Zorak the Mantis

Oct 17, 2007
Depends on the situation, in a combat scenario or in defense of myself or another I don't think I would hesitate. But killing someone for the sheer joy of it? no.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Fidelias said:
It depends on what they did. If a criminal had wronged me in a way or was a potential danger, (as in, he/she killed my friend/family , or was about to give information to someone who wanted them dead, or raped someone, abused someone, etc.) I'd kill them. I'd probably be smiling while I did it, too.

I think it's more wrong to let these kinds of bastards live, but that's just my opinion.
and then you'd get killed by the man with the gun that you didn't see.

If you're gonna kill someone, don't do it out of anger or any emotion. Emotionally-stirred hate makes a person blind and dumb.

Kind of why we have the justice system.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
No idea.
Sure I can bluster on about how much of a cold-blooded person I am, but just saying that I don't care for anyone but myself proves nothing.

I'll never be able to know if I'm able to take another person's life unless I'm in a situation where I have to. Thankfully such a situation has yet to come up in my life.

Hopefully I'll never need to answer that question.

zombones

Mar 6, 2011
I think everyone has the ability to kill someone. I myself could but would find it very hard to ever kill someone in less I had to

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I like to think I could if I had to, which is good because I plan on becoming an armed security guard, and the gun's not just for show. Confidence gets you far when you need to do something, and I'm pretty confident I could kill.

KILGAZOR

Magnificent Retard
Dec 27, 2010
zombones said:
I think everyone has the ability to kill someone.
Always depends on the situation. People change who they are due to the experiences they have had and the experience they're having at the moment. So yes, put in the right situation, I everyone has the ability to kill.

As for me, I would like to think I could bring myself to do it if I needed/wanted to for whatever reason. I don't think there's anything particularly special about life, the world has plenty of it, and everyone's gonna die someday, right? I know that's serial killer logic there, but it's still true. At the moment, however, I have trouble enough asking a girl out on a date, so if I decided it was time to make my hands red I would probably let my cowardice get the better of me before I did anything.

I think a greater moral question to me would be "Would you purposely do something that caused more suffering than joy?" To me, death =/= suffering, its just part of the cycle. Unless someone is tortured to death, but I can't think of any reason I would do that to someone.

Also, shouldn't this thread have a poll?

Doomcat

Aug 25, 2010
In cold blood, it depends on the person really, i don't mean to make that sound horrible, but if you were given the chance to kill someone, who you know has killed or maimed people in horrible ways and will again, i might take the shot, MAYBE (theres a difference between saying it...and doing it >.<)

For survival? if he/she is trying to kill me or my family? go for it.

ProfessorEkim

Jul 23, 2011
Mentally, with enough logic and reasoning behind it, I think so.

Physically, hell no! I've never even fired a real gun.

I tend to deal with things by not thinking about them too much, but just dealing with them myself, with my own conscience and morals. People like my mother believe in "opening up" and all of this emotional crap, to me, that's not how it works. Sure it's just bottling up your emotions, but you don't need to pay for some fucking counselor or anything, you just deal with it.

Wushu Panda

Jul 4, 2011
If I could live a life as Dexter I sure as hell would. I would go for as many bad guys as possible bu I doubt I would find it that terrible against knocking some other randoms once in a while.

Michael Smith

Feb 17, 2010
I think everyone is capable of murder given the right set of circumstances . If wasn't for society's consequences for murder I think the streets could flow with the blood of the innocents.

IDTheftVictim

Jan 20, 2011
Yep, or at least I think so. I picture believing you can and actually doing so are vastly different.

But for now, yes.

My house is now being watched by local law enforcement

whtkid6969

Jul 11, 2010
To be frightningly honest, yes. I could easily kill a person, and I kinda have the mindset that i can trick myself into beliving i was doing it for something better than just my life... so like serial killer mind-set..... yea :D