Could you kill a person?

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
For survival or the defense of someone, I wouldnt do it for any other reason.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
If it came down to a point where it was kill or be killed, I might be able to bring myself to do it, of course it'd probably ruin me emotionally.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Yes, I can confidently say I could. If they were threatening me or a loved one with deadly force (or traumatizing force; as an example, if my significant other, or a child of any sort, were about to be raped) I would have no problem whatsoever snapping their neck and burying a bullet in their skull. And later I probably wouldn't care except that it got blood on my nice jeans. Some people just aren't worth caring about.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I hope so. I wont pretend I know I can, but there are people who simply deserve to die. I dont believe in silly ideas like not killing them makes you superior. It just makes you still have a bad guy around.

ChaosBorne

Jul 24, 2004
under the right circumstances yes i could.
to protect a loved one, myself or anything else dear to me.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
I don't think I'd be very good at either doing it or handling the guilt. Watching a pigeon get run over yesterday was quite upsetting for me, so God only knows how I'd handle ending another person's life.

May 29, 2011
To me it's all about context. Thats one of the ways the legal system fails to be moral in my opinion.

So yes I most like could if that was the only reasonable option. But you never know right?

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
Yep, easily. I could shoot somebody no problem as long as I have a reason why.
But anything messier than that, like stabbing or bludgeoning, I'd have a problem with.

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
well, I can probably force myself to do it, but I think killing is making things too easy/don't do justice to whatever said person has done in his/her life. And then there's also the problem with hiding the body, etc..
so, killing in itself is highly impractical, but still doable.

blackjack117200

Dec 24, 2010
Grouchy Imp said:
Why am I killing this person? If I'm killing this person for no reason, then no I couldn't do it and no I couldn't live with myself even if I did. If I'm killing this person because they're about to axe-murder my family then f*ck yeah I could kill someone and f*ck no I wouldn't feel bad about it. Context please.
Completely Agree, only in defense of myself or someone I care about.
Though In military service I would also, thinking of joining up.

purehatred89

Jul 27, 2011
Arcane Azmadi said:
The word you are looking for is "psychopath" [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy]. You should be tested to make sure you're not just talking shit on the internet to sound tough, then locked up if you're not.
I've taken a psychopathy test, I scored slightly above average, but not enough to be classified as a psychopath. I don't compulsively lie, and I feel empathy for people I care about whereas psychopaths don't.

I simply stated that if I were presented with a stranger, instructed to kill them and reassured there would be no legal ramifications, I would.

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
I couldn't kill someone on purpose. I could beat them savagely if they did something to deserve it, but I wouldn't be able to deprive someone of life.