Crafter Crafts Minecraft Within Minecraft

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
cursedseishi said:
Simalacrum said:
Sweet!

...but will it run Crysis?
In order for these Minecomputers to run Crysis, you'd need every player of Minecraft to devote themselves to building the ultimate possible computer in their world, then somehow link their computer to a central world/server (likely this guys), and then manage to get that all working together all at once, for a CHANCE to play Crysis...

More likely would be the super-Minecomputer created from this would develop sentience and go Skynet on our asses... except with Creepers instead of Terminators.
I really want to do that. I'm willing to give up the next few years to build it.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
No! This time they gone to far, we are going to have to blow up the Internet to stop this madness

*sets the timer for 6years, 2months, 19days, 4hours& 31minutes* My the Gods have mercy on our souls

-M

kaieth

Mar 16, 2010
Proverbial Jon said:
Yo Dawg, I heard you like MInecraft, so we put your Minecraft in your Minecraft so you can mine while you mine.

But seriously, the things some people can do in terms of programming is amazing, especially when it gets down to this sort of level. However my brain is hurting trying to comprehend it all :S
That's not programming. That's just computer architecture. Designing an LED game out of just hardware is a fairly common Computer/Electrical Engineering lab project at the end of a course (though admittedly they are never that complicated, or impressive).

Speakercone

May 21, 2010
Ok, who divided by zero?

Words cannot express quite how impressed I am by this. I'd love to see if he has a video where he shows the circuitry.

*engage Youtube!*

He does

o_O wut.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HansLemurson

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Can he build a computer in his minecraft-playing-minecraft-computer? And will it be able to play minecraft?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I can't help but feel as if someone just discovered 30 year old computers and suddenly felt inputting machine language by hand is fun. Weird.

That's interesting but as always I am left wonder what would happen if you took that energy and put it into a programming/creation techniques that is "useful" in the real world as opposed to just to Minecraft players. (Oh yeah and technically since Minecraft is running in Java on a JVM onto of your OS, this seems silly to me).

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I believe this is what you were looking for:

:)
And we are picking up reports of the universe imploding at the outer edges.
We're also recieving reports confirming that a group of exploding bush-monsters are the perpetrators behind the attack. More on this story as it develops.

OT: Kinda looks like a game being played on those massive switchboards. You know those ones. They look kinda like this:

Still, that's pretty awesome. Although now I feel kinda dumb that I've only created a massive wooden cabin and he's managed to build the game within the game.

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
I love how it took human kind decades to go from "turn switch for light" to laptop

But red stone became avaliable in this game how many months ago?

Snooder

May 12, 2008
Twilight_guy said:
I can't help but feel as if someone just discovered 30 year old computers and suddenly felt inputting machine language by hand is fun. Weird.

That's interesting but as always I am left wonder what would happen if you took that energy and put it into a programming/creation techniques that is "useful" in the real world as opposed to just to Minecraft players. (Oh yeah and technically since Minecraft is running in Java on a JVM onto of your OS, this seems silly to me).
Honestly? Not much probably given that most of what is being done with redstone is retreading the basic techniques that people learned 50 (or more) years ago. I mean, it's amazing work, but as far as practical application, about as useful as a guy who specializes in hand-made swordsmithery is to modern metallurgy.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
lollll my first thought was, like the others who've posted...MINECEPTION

embedded in our culture :]