Crappy Capcom Proofreader Strikes Again

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
BrotherRool said:
gigastar said:
This reeks of Capcom hiring in someone who said he could do the job, but evidently cannot.

Or it could be Capcom is trying to turn cover sleeves into collectors items by including typos.
This reeks of Capcom hiring a nigerian kid who'd blagged them into believing he was a highly trained box art professional.

I mean it wasn't oven a case of a typo that wouldn't be picked up by a spellchecker. My browser is currently doing a better job than their people who create box art for millions of people :D
oven?

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Hitchmeister said:
BrotherRool said:
gigastar said:
This reeks of Capcom hiring in someone who said he could do the job, but evidently cannot.

Or it could be Capcom is trying to turn cover sleeves into collectors items by including typos.
This reeks of Capcom hiring a nigerian kid who'd blagged them into believing he was a highly trained box art professional.

I mean it wasn't oven a case of a typo that wouldn't be picked up by a spellchecker. My browser is currently doing a better job than their people who create box art for millions of people :D
oven?
Even :D I guess my spellchecker didn't pick it up :D

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
No way they make this many mistakes accidentally. I smell an attempt to increase sales by creating "collectors" item copies of the game.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
So...does that make the IGN Okami, Resident Evil Revelaitons and, the press-release Azura's Wrath collector's items? I guess the one closest to collector's item status at this point would be the Okami one...

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
A link to the Mega man box art? That's aiming the blow a little low.
On the upside, they're no longer forcing actors to pose with broken right ankles.
Come to think of it, they're plenty of funny jokes that vould be levelled at the Mega man boxes besides the first, like the third, look at where he's shooting, and I think he's having a little too much fun doing it.

Rheinmetall

May 13, 2011
I think "Chanllenges" is a valid way to explain to someone that we are not just talking here for ordinary challenges, but "chan-llenges" with an "n". It's written this way to emphasize the seriousness of the challenge. Like mission impossible and above.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
BTW, the bad spelling in Revelations extends ingame also, to the point that both dialogue and SIGNS THAT THEY HAD TO MAKE TEXTURES FOR are misspelled.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Warachia said:
A link to the Mega man box art? That's aiming the blow a little low.
On the upside, they're no longer forcing actors to pose with broken right ankles.
Although at least back then they were willing to hire models with two right hands, even if they did break their ankle as well. Also, with how Drillman is posed, I have to wonder where Wiley's other hand is...

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I'm actually convinced this isn't because of a bad spellchecker or box art QA. No, I'm willing to bet this is because of a fired box art QA team. ...what? QA is expensive!

Could it be Capcom is trying to usher in the age of digital distribution quicker, by making boxed copies irrelevant hilarious?

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
To be fair, Blizzard had a lot of mistakes in Starcraft 2 that I can recall, and SWTOR had some.

Panzervaughn

Jul 19, 2009
Antonio Torrente said:
Panzervaughn said:
I still remember how Ocarina of time advertised its "immersive storyline and envirironments" on the back.
Can you show some evidence please? I just wanted to see it.
http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Nintendo_N64/BoxBack/big/Legend_of_Zelda-_Ocarina_of_Time_-_1998_-_Nintendo.jpg

I was a little off, "Enivironments"

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Oh god. I can imagine the chaos over there when they found out.

Seriously though Capcom, do you want me to proofread things for you? You wouldn't believe the number of mistakes I've found in subtitles and other written things in games. Not anything as embarrassing as this, mind, but as a Grammar-Nazi it's enough to make me want to bash my head against a wall.

Poster1234

Apr 26, 2011
Seriously, if you believe that's bad, you should have a look at Steam, french version : I have no idea who they have translating the games' descriptions, but it is just screaming "Google translate" at every turn, it's just painful to read (that is, when it is actually translated).

It simply baffles me that such companies can't even get the blasted spelling right with the millons of dollars they spend on advertisement.