Creature Caster Masters: A Challenger Appears

Zolem

Jul 28, 2008
mrhateful said:
I liked the two former episodes but this wasn't funny at all :/ guess they ran out of jokes.
Ironically, this is the first episode I actually found funny. I voted down the first episode from the contest, found the second episode good since it got a lot of info dump done in a way that wasn't painful (and had the brilliant escape rope joke). This one had a battle, showed the mechanics (to a degree), had some good 'Gary is a Jerk' type jokes, and included a 'blackout' joke, something I never thought I would see. I hope they explain WHY Justin fainted though.

Also, hiding an attack card isn't idiotic. If he had readied the card the first round it would have been destroyed, and it also functions as a bluff that you have something that might make them hesitate.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Haha I wonder if Pokémon isn't aim at children would Ash called Gary a douche as well? Oh the ending with the Professor bringing food was hilarious!
Indeed. At least it explains how you always wind up at a Healing Center when you lose.

XD

mrhateful

True Gamer
Apr 8, 2010
Zolem said:
mrhateful said:
I liked the two former episodes but this wasn't funny at all :/ guess they ran out of jokes.
Ironically, this is the first episode I actually found funny. I voted down the first episode from the contest, found the second episode good since it got a lot of info dump done in a way that wasn't painful (and had the brilliant escape rope joke). This one had a battle, showed the mechanics (to a degree), had some good 'Gary is a Jerk' type jokes, and included a 'blackout' joke, something I never thought I would see. I hope they explain WHY Justin fainted though.

Also, hiding an attack card isn't idiotic. If he had readied the card the first round it would have been destroyed, and it also functions as a bluff that you have something that might make them hesitate.
Your talking about the "combat" as if its supposed to be taken seriously... I liked pokemon as a kid but I've kinda outgrown it, however I would like to watch a show making fun of pokemon and how stupid it is. Not a show which is a cheap knock off of pokemon it self.

Edit: I know there are a lot of pokemon knock off which it also makes fun of however I never watched those.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Quiet Stranger said:
Very good, but I thought there were no Human hospitals in the world of Creature Caster Masters.
Granted but whenever your whole team faints you and your pokemon/creatures all go to the healing center becuase the hero/player faints when they do.

OT: Yeah I was kinda expecting a take some money thing but ow well it's kind of to easy.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
That was pretty epic! And I am glad the main hero didn't freakin' win, cause that's one of the main problems other Card Game Based shows had: That the hero always wins. As long as Justin looses to people who are obviously better then him, I will be happy.

mrhateful

True Gamer
Apr 8, 2010
Mr.Mattress said:
That was pretty epic! And I am glad the main hero didn't freakin' win, cause that's one of the main problems other Card Game Based shows had: That the hero always wins. As long as Justin looses to people who are obviously better then him, I will be happy.
I am really confused why are everyone in the comment section here speaking as if they just watched pokemon, and not a show making fun of pokemon which is not supposed to be taken serious the slightest.

It would be like if you just watched family guy and then say something like "I hope Louise and Peter gets back together".

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
There was an issue with the high quality video file being uploaded to our video server. Should be fixed now, sorry. :(

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
What the fuck was that Sentrifuge card? What was it's point? Did it try to shrug off the attack?
Anyways, the battle system is interesting, although it isn't funny.

I just hope you don't make it too serious, with Justin's dramatic passing out and all.

PH3NOmenon

Oct 23, 2009
mrhateful said:
Zolem said:
mrhateful said:

Your talking about the "combat" as if its supposed to be taken seriously... I liked pokemon as a kid but I've kinda outgrown it, however I would like to watch a show making fun of pokemon and how stupid it is. Not a show which is a cheap knock off of pokemon it self.
This.

I was hoping for more poking at the pokemon/battledigiwhatever shows, rather than a show that tries to be exactly that which it is parodying.

Time will tell what it'll end up being, in the mean time this episode wasn't too bad at all.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
roostuf said:
this series is as contagious as a virus.

Wait no, no, no, no...i..im turning into a fan boy ARRRRGHHH!!!!

I LOVE CREATURE TRAINER MASTER!
I love it too, but we're talking about Creature Caster Master now. Do try to keep up.

I enjoyed this episode as well. I think the battle system is a bit odd, because it changed from episode 1 and 3. If they keep it up, it will be the best running gag ever.

APSunder

Filmmaker
May 25, 2010
This was really well produced. Love toontoon and this said all the things pokemon would never say... The battle scene got slightly monotonous and reminds me of Yugioh, and the compressed intro for the credit sequence is kinda weird, but this is really good.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
"Professor, your nephew is kinda a dick"
"Ya I know"
So much win in that.

And centrifuge as an attack card.... how the hell would that even do damage better than a tackle.... seems way more like a defensive card.
*Sigh* "Grab his feet".

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Pretty good, pretty good indeed. Had several nice parts that made me laugh.
That combat was pretty crazy, too.

Well done.