Swifteye said:
Wolfenbarg said:
Swifteye said:
Wolfenbarg said:
Swifteye said:
Wolfenbarg said:
Swifteye said:
Toasty Virus said:
While funny, I feel this is a bit of a cop-out, I want more proper episodes!
I'm really surprised that people didn't get the part in the beginning where it said that they have a technical issue that needs sorting out and so instead of nothing you get a blooper reel.

It's almost like you guys weren't watching it >.>
Getting extras in-between episodes for Doomsday Arcade made a lot of sense. Their episodes ran quite long, had great production values, and really had us engaged through the process for each and every week, so when they started taking huge breaks and teasing us with extras when the episodes were running even longer while leading up to the finale, we all sort of understood what was going on. This show has only run for three proper episodes before hitting its first major speed bump. When you have an issue of this scale before your show has even come into its stride, you've ruined a lot of early impressions.
The issue is a scheduling error. That kinda sounds like a problem that can happen to anyone at anytime regardless of quality or content. This is kinda like the clip show excuse. We have to make X amount of episodes for this season but had an X problem (money, time, writer idea bucket all dried up) it would be preferred by the audience that no show ever gave into the sexy lure of the clip show episode but things happen and it's a business so we just gotta deal. And that's whats happening right now. Something happened so here's a lesser product. I'm sure we won't get a blooper reel again anytime soon.
Big difference, you would never see a clip show done for the fourth episode. People would just stop watching.
That's not what I was getting at. I used the clip show example as an example of someone having to submit something despite not having the time to create new content.
But these guys had plenty of time to create new content and have a healthy backlog of material in the months between the film festival and when they actually aired.
That is something to consider but in order to discern that we would have to know how much effort and time goes into what they do or what goes into submitting something into the escapist. I do not know how you know they had made lots of episodes between the film festival and there arrival I would have just as easily assumed they had not made anything until they got hired. I also assume if they are under 18 they go to school and do homework or over 18 they have jobs that take up lots of time as jobs do. I also do not know what happens when people's time schedule gets screwed up and what that pertains too.

My thought is to just take there word on what they said and assume that once it's fixed things will be back to normal. This isn't a dig at there ability to produce material or how they should have gained a certain amount of cred before using auxiliary material. It is what it is. A failure to produce material due to an unforseen event that must be attended too while also keeping up with the contract to deliver something at an expected time.
That's the issue with having a contract with the same site that licenses to the likes of Extra Credits and Zero Punctuation. This isn't youtube, the second the Escapist decides to license their work, they're working professionally. If they don't have enough free time to get videos out on a bi-weekly basis, then they should stick to another venue until they have the ability to do so. The Escapist doesn't license videos for the sake of the content creators, but for the sake of their audience's interest.
The escapist is a professional business of sorts (there not like a network or movie company but they probably operate similar to cracked or blistered thumbs) but even then I can't really say how exactly they go about handling there procedures when dealing with submissions and the people who make them. Like I said earlier when it comes to making cartoons or live action shows one may have to resort to using clip shows or blooper reels. We as the audience never like it but it's just how these things go.
There were other, better, far more professionally handled entries to the Escapist Film Festival that lost so these guys could resort to one of those lazy cop outs before their show has even gotten interesting. I'm all for giving slack to guys just starting out, but so far we haven't been offered a thing to make us sympathize with them enough to forgive a blooper reel so early on in production.

If things like that continue to plague this production, it'll do a "I Hit It With My Axe" real quick.
I never saw that show just kinda ignored it myself. Personally I see this as an isolated incident and in two weeks we will have episode four and the show will be going along as usual which given this websites track record with animated shows will be an "okay" run. Man I don't remember the film festival at all other than the winners. Did we have a film festival this year is like where all these shows are coming from?
Not all of them, just the three new ones we got this last fall. Prior to that we got Doomsday Arcade, Unskippable, and I believe A Good Knight's Quest. Personally I feel like they panned the smartest show with the most potential for classic status since Doomsday Arcade with Breaking Blizzard because they probably didn't think it would last long enough.

Anyway, rants aside, I'm always ready to give a second chance, and I'll watch their new episode when it comes online, but I just find it to be quite frustrating.

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
Eric the Orange said:
dmcc85 said:
it is just like in "doraleous" they didnt get enough comments... or money, so they dropped it dead.
Wait, who said Doraleous and associates wasn't coming back? did I miss an announcement?
believe it if you want, but it is a lie.
doraleous is dead and will not return.
i gave up my hopes on that one.

Heiru

Apr 9, 2010
This was so much more amusing than I thought it was going to be!
I look forward to more of these along with the episodes.
Seriously, good stuff.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
ok....You are forgiven for your tardiness.

Bloopers are AWESOME!

Can you give us a little more clarification on your new schedule though please?

Boxinatorizore

Mar 25, 2009
You should leave alot of these bloopers in the show... or at least the ones that aren't just mispronouncing shit. I think it would add much humor... because this video was much humor.

yohonifer

Dec 10, 2009
I really like Creature Caster Masters. I find it funny, fresh and it just plain ol' makes my day. The only thing that I could ask for is the theme song so that I can have it as my ringtone. Seriously, where can I get the song. GIVE ME THAT FUCKING SONG ALREADY!!!!! Anyways I hope there are more episodes on a regular basis and I can't wait for more blooper episodes.

P.S.

CHODE!!!!!

yohonifer

Dec 10, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
Kekon3 said:
Internet Kraken said:
Thedarkness77 said:
People need to stop complaining these series are free and the makers don't get payed and even if they do its probably not that much, just be thankfull for what we get.
They do get paid. What the heck made you think they didn't? Second, if you don't criticize something, how is it ever supposed to improve?
Criticizing is okay, but your original comment (the one on page 1) was just bashing and hateful.

Internet Kraken said:
So let me get this straight; not even 4 episodes into this series, and you already screwed up the scheduling. That's pretty damn bad. It'd be more understandable if this wasn't a tired Pokemon parody rehashing the same jokes with mediocre quality animation. Hopefully if you're taking this much time to make the next episode you're actually putting serious effort in it to address the problems with this series. That's the only reason I can see it taking so long.

As for this...well there isn't much to say about it now is there? It's a bloopers episode. Bloopers, along with rehashing old clips, are the benchmark of a series running out of ideas. The fact that you're already pulling one out doesn't bode well for this series.
If you consider that to be bashing and hateful you desperately need a reality check. Most people, when criticizing something, are not nice. I could have been a lot ruder if I wanted to.
I think what he was saying was that if you are going to criticize then you should make it constructive. Anyone can go around and say "this sux! Pokemon is lame and you are lame for doing anything concerning it!" It takes a real critic to say why something might not be the best, but also how it could become better. I am not saying that you just posted a crappy comment, what I am saying is that a lot of other people do post those kinds of comments. Obviously the creators want to hear truthful comments from the audience whether they are good or bad, but just spouting hateful bull**** is not going to help them create a better product. Now that I have fully bored everyone in this thread I am going to go and watch that blooper real again.

GGZeta

Mar 11, 2011
I have to say that I enjoyed the animated bloopers way more than the first three episodes... I think the timing and pacing was much tighter.

engineermk2004

Feb 21, 2010
yeah, not to troll or anything and I think a few others have already said what I was going to...but you're like a shorter version of Game Dogs.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Disappointing, hopefully the scheduling will be sorted out because it's really not going well right now. I'm sure there's still hope for this series but I have limited patience, just sayin'.

Primus1985

Dec 24, 2009
Let me mark the 100th post by throwing in some truth. The Escapist really has lost its way if the best they think a lame Yu-gi-oh/Pokemon rip can really hold a candle to the likes of Doraleous and Associates, or Apocalypse Ln, or for that matter Unforgotten FREKIN Realms.

Im not bashing, I just know they can do better. I mean you only put out a episode a month and the fourth is...A blooper reel? Seriously? Maybe after a dozen or so eps and fans actually start to LIKE the show then you can do a clip show.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
restoshammyman said:
did the creator dude get fired or something?
I'm starting to wonder the same thing. It's been nearly a month since the blooper reel, and a month and a half since the last actual episode. What gives? I think scheduling difficulty might have been an understatement.