Creature Caster Masters: Death Spelunking

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
This has potential, though right now it is at the level of: I chuckle at the end of the episode, but don't actually laugh during it.

PayneTrayne said:
Repel joke was farking fantastic! Always wondered why your pokemanz never cared about the smell of it. Your pokemon and Zubats were seemingly immune.

Also digs on the escape rope and flash HM are full o' lulz.

Wish I had me an old faithful to deal with Zubats though.

Good second episode, I look forward to an incredibly awesome third.
You must not have been using repels right, either that our you are just going further in with the repel joke.

Repels only repel wild pokemon that are lower level than the first pokemon in your team order. That is why I have never encountered a pokemon when using a repel, I only use them when going back through low level areas where I don't want to be hassled by low level pokemon that won't do much for my critter's training.

If the pokemon in the area are a higher level than the head of your team, and you use a repel, you are wasting a repel because it will repel nothing.

I probably didn't have to tell you this, because most likely you were being sarcastic, but hey, I like to keep my typing skills up.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Oh God I had to stop watching after the escape rope 'joke'. That wasn't even observational humor, that was just an observation. This reminds me of an old Newgrounds flash artist I used to dislike, Legendaryfrog. All he did was this: "Hey, ever notice how mr Freeman never says anything in his games? That's a comedy goldmine! Let's make a flash about him being a mute!" "Hey, ever notice how MGS conversations can be annoying? Let's make a flash about them being annoying!"
These are jokes not meant to be made since everyone already gets it. Yes, we encounter Zubats a lot. Yes, repel doesn't always work. Yes, an escape rope doesn't really make sense since it makes you spin and teleport. We get it.

Also re-record the guitars for the theme song, it's not hard.

Sorry, not watching this again.

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
not as good as the first but i guess every series needs an exposition episode sometime

Museli

Nin!
Aug 12, 2009
Jack said:
Now the professor sounds very familiar.
Indeed, he reminds me of a handful of bit-part characters from various South Park episodes. This is not a bad thing. I'm developing a pattern here - agree with a fellow poster that Character X sounds like someone else, then praise the episode. Could be worse, I guess - at least I'm finding the show to be highly enjoyable.

If I could tame one of these creatures, I'd only have one card, and it would read "Make me some toast".

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I lol'd at the professor not wearing pants.
Quite a funny episode, though at some points felt a bit humorless. But it had its moments.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Funny how certain jokes from stuff on the internet that covers a given topic can overlap so often...

Jokes about repels and zubats bring to mind the most recent 'super effective' comic on VGcats...

Still funny, but it's weird how that works >_<

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
This series seems to be showing that it will become awesome. I didn't get the the rope joke though :(

PumpItUp

Sep 27, 2008
The show has alot of potential to good. Pokemon is easy to make fun of. Unfortunately, because of that, it's also easy to fall into the trap of making obvious jokes that have been done to death. Haven't seen too many so far, but when they appear they tend to drag down the show.

Also, you need to work on your pacing. There are too many really slow points where the characters exposit info that we already know. Better to assume that everyone knows the background of Pokemon and ignore those that don't then to include them and bore everyone else to tears.

But aside from those complaints, I like where the show is heading. Keep up the good work!

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
Nice. I like the show, since Pokemon had a lot of...holes. :p

I like the comedy. It's like a MST3k-type humor.

bladester1

Feb 5, 2008
I love this show. It is so funny to see you guys make fun of all the stuff in pokemon games.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
with all due respect this show is like Pokemon meets Yugioh

and both of those shows can be described as "Pokemon meets Yugioh"

that being said it's still pretty fun.

Tempest Fennac

Aug 30, 2009
Knusper said:
This series seems to be showing that it will become awesome. I didn't get the the rope joke though :(
It appeared to be a joke about how Escape Ropes in the Pokemon games somehow teleport you out of dungeons. I only just found this series today and it wasn't too bad. I will admit to being concerned about the Pokemon jokes getting old but I'm planning on watching it as it updates.

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
Knusper said:
Well it's funny because in the game escape ropes teleport you out of the area, but in real life ropes don't work like that. Get it?

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Not that humorous, but since the episode was more or less made for exposition, I can forgive it. I think I'm going to enjoy this series a bit more now. It's definetly an upgrade from the pilot episode, which I hated.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Jim Grim said:
Knusper said:
Well it's funny because in the game escape ropes teleport you out of the area, but in real life ropes don't work like that. Get it?
It was more that I don't remember any ropes in Pokemon, but I didn't progress that far into any game due to my natural inability to play on handheld consoles.

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
The best joke was the conversion of borebats into household products and professor with a machete...otherwise the jokes are really bland and obvious.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
pretty interesting show.
It reminds me of the Comic RPG world.
Hopfully it will get more exciting after all the basics are covered.