Creepy Skyrim Serial Killer Keeps Heads on Shelves

scoopz

Sep 15, 2011
dead.juice said:
scoopz said:
Wait. Is there a specific way you need to attack/land a final blow on someone to decapitate them? i.e. Power attacks only result in decapitation?
There is a perk that makes your power strikes decapitate your enemy.
Ah. Yes. I have the perk I was just wondering if there was some extra step I was missing to make decapitation happen everytime.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Jonluw said:
Hah!
I fucking called it!
Jonluw said:
This game lets you decapitate innocent people and carry their heads with you to store in your home where your thane (Edit: Housecarl) is honour-bound to stay with the faces of their dead friends and relatives watching them from the walls to which you have crudely nailed their heads with arrows, but when you complain that there being immortal characters in the game feels odd and artificial the answer is "You can't have the option to kill children. That's just disturbing."
Fuck off, I'm not buying it.
I was just thinking the same thing and wondering whether it was you who made the video :p

AdamG3691

Nov 18, 2009
knhirt said:
This is less disturbing than a child being killed in a dragon attack.
Not to mention children dying because of careless fireballs from the player.

That's just sick.

A child dying in a dragon attack is sad, not sick, it's a wild animal (ok, a rather intelligent, if evil animal) attacking indiscriminately, its no different from a childbeing hit by a car, or attacked by wolves.

in the case of a fireball, why the hell is a child dicking about near an enemy anyway?

plus, 90% of the kids in skyrim are annoying, disrespectful shits anyway.
"Another one come to lick the boots of my father" "oh, you must be a servant, I want my meat rare" "WHERE IS MY DRESS? I WANT MY DRESS NOW!" "Boys, girls, dogs, elders, there's nobody I wont fight!" "I wouldn't have to keep beating him up if he admitted he likes me
"
And a fair few are teetering on the evil sides of their moral compasses already
"Yay! grelod's dead!" "Thank you dark brotherhood!" "When I grow up, I want to be an assasin too!", and of course not forgetting the one who actually obtained human flesh, bones, and organs, and preformed a dark ritual to hire an assasin.

in the case of the last few, the idea that THEY are immortal is actually rather terrifying...

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
My main question is he he gets any of those things to stay where they are, I still cant keep my damn orc dagger on my kitchen table with out finding it flung across the room when I come back into my house.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Someone should tell this guy there is a nude mod for Skyrim. That would complete the whole (disturbing) picture.

dead.juice

Jul 1, 2011
scoopz said:
dead.juice said:
scoopz said:
Wait. Is there a specific way you need to attack/land a final blow on someone to decapitate them? i.e. Power attacks only result in decapitation?
There is a perk that makes your power strikes decapitate your enemy.
Ah. Yes. I have the perk I was just wondering if there was some extra step I was missing to make decapitation happen everytime.
Forgive my pretentiousness, I don't even have the perk myself. I figured that a power attack just lopped off their heads.
For both our sakes, I took the time to look it up, and here's what I got:
Standing power attacks do 25% bonus damage with a chance to decapitate your enemies

So, by doing a power attack that isn't being influenced in any direction, you get a chance at cutting the motha-fucker's head off.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
knhirt said:

That's just sick.
You are right, it most certainly is.

Good job I saved the kids in one of my games from a horrible death like those you mentioned by putting them into a peaceful sleep ..... with my axes.

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
AdamG3691 said:
knhirt said:

That's just sick.

A child dying in a dragon attack is sad, not sick, it's a wild animal (ok, a rather intelligent, if evil animal) attacking indiscriminately, its no different from a childbeing hit by a car, or attacked by wolves.

in the case of a fireball, why the hell is a child dicking about near an enemy anyway?

plus, 90% of the kids in skyrim are annoying, disrespectful shits anyway.
"Another one come to lick the boots of my father" "oh, you must be a servant, I want my meat rare" "WHERE IS MY DRESS? I WANT MY DRESS NOW!" "Boys, girls, dogs, elders, there's nobody I wont fight!" "I wouldn't have to keep beating him up if he admitted he likes me
"
And a fair few are teetering on the evil sides of their moral compasses already
"Yay! grelod's dead!" "Thank you dark brotherhood!" "When I grow up, I want to be an assasin too!", and of course not forgetting the one who actually obtained human flesh, bones, and organs, and preformed a dark ritual to hire an assasin.

in the case of the last few, the idea that THEY are immortal is actually rather terrifying...
I see you didn't detect my biting sarcasm. I'll make it clearer next time.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
JokerboyJordan said:
Jonluw said:
Hah!
I fucking called it!
Jonluw said:
This game lets you decapitate innocent people and carry their heads with you to store in your home where your thane (Edit: Housecarl) is honour-bound to stay with the faces of their dead friends and relatives watching them from the walls to which you have crudely nailed their heads with arrows, but when you complain that there being immortal characters in the game feels odd and artificial the answer is "You can't have the option to kill children. That's just disturbing."
Fuck off, I'm not buying it.
I was just thinking the same thing and wondering whether it was you who made the video :p
For a moment there, so did we...

Nah, that's far too much work. We might've done it if we was allowed to carry heads in our inventory though.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Adellebella said:
That's one of the first things I've seen in these games that has really made me nervous.

...And I've played some crazy roles in Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim...

At least nothing like this has shown up with the child mod activated.
Thanks for the idea, I just would need to learn how to make a video.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Sixcess said:
Greg Tito said:
Skyrim is now well-recognized as the pinnacle in open-ended and emergent gameplay.
Oh for...

Let's try that again...

Greg Tito said:
Skyrim is now well-recognized as the pinnacle in a good example of open-ended and emergent gameplay.
There. Now doesn't that read more like a news article and less like fanboy fuelled overstatement?
I don't think I can name any other game that would give you the freedom to put your peoples decapitated heads on a shelve and position their Bodies a-la Shazsh (or whatever the blip his name is.)

Adellebella

Sep 9, 2011
Xan Krieger said:
Adellebella said:
That's one of the first things I've seen in these games that has really made me nervous.

...And I've played some crazy roles in Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim...

At least nothing like this has shown up with the child mod activated.
Thanks for the idea, I just would need to learn how to make a video.
Yes, because THAT will go over well around here. :p