Critical Miss: #30

Blair Bennett

Jan 25, 2008
I don't think there were near enough old ladies suplexed in this strip an- wait, Street Crossed Perfect? That's what I've been doing wrong?!

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
That old lady was asking for it.

I love Critical Miss. It always makes me laugh.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Watching someone pointlessly beating up an old woman made me laugh.

And for the deleted strips: What do you mean, bad? The second and third ones were hilarious!
The Splinter Cell Conviction one just didn't work at all. It was all pointless gamer rage with no substance. The rest were fairly good though and in retrospect I'd have rather ran the Red Steel one than the Kickass strip I did run. But alas, hindsight is 20/20.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I don't know why I just not realized this, but this comic is really starting to speed downhill...

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Just read the "missing" episodes. I started giggling like an idiot at the last one xd

Btw, do you still have the Army of Two comic from the contest? It was freaking amazing, I'm surprised you didn't show it again.

Extreme Pajamas

Apr 2, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Extreme Pajamas said:
Throw reject miss! Nice little lesson in there too.

...now I think I'll go play some BlazBlue.
Have you noticed unlimited Makoto has Dudley's exact moveset? Made me giggle.
Yeah it's funny how they nearly changed her entire moveset to be like Dudley. Just shows that developers like to play other people's games too...and parody them.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Abedeus said:
Just read the "missing" episodes. I started giggling like an idiot at the last one xd

Btw, do you still have the Army of Two comic from the contest? It was freaking amazing, I'm surprised you didn't show it again.
That's still in the announcement page. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic/view?id=74357&page=3&ix=-1]. Again time constraints mean we couldn't run it again as part of the actual strip.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Grey Carter said:
Abedeus said:

That's still in the announcement page. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic/view?id=74357&page=3&ix=-1]. Again time constraints mean we couldn't run it again as part of the actual strip.
God bless you, I will come back to that strip over and over, since it IS awesome :d

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
The DSM said:
Does me knowing that moves input is Tagers "Emerald Tager Driver" from Blazblue make me a bad person?

I love this web comic...
Tager makes me cry. Backbreaker grapple FTL.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Abedeus said:
Grey Carter said:
Abedeus said:

God bless you, I will come back to that strip over and over, since it IS awesome :d
Yeah comparing it to my current strips it still holds up pretty well. I'm gonna have to start cutting down on the dialogue I think. Current strips are a little CAD in comparison.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
I could see how someone would think Blazblue. The move might be Zangeif's but if you run a quick google search "for throw reject miss" you'll see it's blazblue terminology. It's nice to see Rydell and Carter have played it.

Cyanin

Dec 25, 2009
Nicely done, i love the little remarks at the end of each one though, brightens up just the usual signature.