Critical Miss: #36

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
SilentHunter7 said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
You're right about the million voices thing, but "Anger leads to hate" doesn't come from TPM any more than "May the Force be with you" does. It's actually from Empire, where Yoda is talking to Luke. I can't believe we hit 3 pages and there wasn't another Star Wars nerd obsessive enough to feel compelled to correct this :p
Huh...you know I don't remember that... I must correct this. To the DVD rack!
Unless you just want to watch the movie, don't bother. I just went through it myself, and while there was a somewhat similar quote by Obi-Wan in Empire, and a very similar one in Jedi, the exact quote is nowhere to be found in the Original Trilogy. I screwed up. X.X

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Is it just me or is Erin actually kinda cute in the second frame? o_O

It was pretty funny, but as someone said, joking about losing a job isn't as funny when it's reality for a lot of people.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Irridium said:
@Everyone who didn't get the Star Wars reference: It was from A New Hop, it was Obi Wan reacting to the destruction of Alderaan.
The award-winning sequel to IHOP.

Typecast

Jul 27, 2008
PrinceofPersia said:
All I can say is that she had that coming. Nice right hook Tim.
XD I enjoyed it too! Stout's definitely been grating... and actually putting me off the strip, so it was nice to see sarcasm rewarded in the appropriate manner.

EDIT: I am also desperately awaiting a sequel/pre-quel/concurrent-quel or hell even just a remastering of TIE Fighter CD T_T

Apr 28, 2008
Lord_Panzer said:
Irridium said:
@Everyone who didn't get the Star Wars reference: It was from A New Hop, it was Obi Wan reacting to the destruction of Alderaan.
The award-winning sequel to IHOP.
Yes it was. However the batter in the sequel wasn't as good as the first, in my honest opinion.

stickmangrit

May 30, 2008
no third party Star Wars games? so does this mean that Old Republic is canceled and BioWare will quit fucking around with MMOs and get to work on Mass Effect 3?

Exliam

Sep 22, 2010
Hell, I'm 16 and I get the reference! Who do you think you are, some hyped up kid with no taste? go watch the classics, fools!

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
dogstile said:
Star wars reference guys?

Come on, i'm 17 and I know that. You should all be ashamed.
I'm 16 and I know to too! ASHAMED YOU ALL MUST BE.

For those who don't know what it's from, it's from Episode 1, after Alderaan is destroyed.

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
Pikeperch said:
Drink of choice for people with money? Stella Artois?
I'd wager Lagavulin would take that award, or a trappiste if we're sticking to beer. Stella? Really?
You gotta remember those were English and Americans talking about beer. Or trying to in any case :p Their opinions and tastes are waaaaay off from those in Northern Europe. And don't get me started on Southern Europe and their love of tripe like Desperados.

Personally I drink predominantly White or Blonde beers and sometimes go for Irish Red or something extra heavy like Grolsch Kanon (11.5% like drinking wine by the pint). I even do the girlish thing with Rose beer, hhhmmmm, lemonade.

I nearly fell out of my chair when that guy at the top put Stella down as Canadian. Leuven man! Belgian college babes all over the place. I need to go back there some day. They apparently also make beer there... I also need to get back to Stockholm at some other time than friggin' Februari.

Apart from that, yeah, Star Wars references... And to whoever attributed that quote to one of the prequel movies I suggest you watch Empire Strikes Back again. The fear to anger to hate to suffering thing is already there. Lucas was so stumped for ideas he started quoting himself trying to find past glories.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
And now LucasArts has been shut down entirely. Welp. I imagine this scene is playing out all over the place now.