Critical Miss: #37

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Oh god the hotwheels loop de loop thing made me nostalgia.

Also nice Super Smash Brothers Melee reference.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Stout's head is a little big in the last panel (XBox Live), but it's made up for with them messing around with Hot Wheels.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
I disagree with the most of this comic but dear god did you nail the legendary difficulty right! I LOVE wraiths with precognition that can hit your warthog from halfway across the map before you even see then. I LOVE deploying armor lock every five seconds to deal with grenade spam from dozens of white grunts that don't go down on the first headshot. And I LOVE having my fireteam die within ten seconds of the first engagement.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
...and here are the 50 or so people who did NOT buy Reach, everyone else (myself included) did.

HOORAY FOR BEING A GENERIC STATISTIC INSTEAD OF A SNOBBY HIPSTER! (equal insults for everyone including me :D)

OT: I feel like this is a "greatest hits" album for Halo (if halo was a band) and it's just meant to please only those who actually DO enjoy the game, so for that we can't fault it, because it doesn't really try to be revolutionary or anything like that, I knew EXACTLY what i was getting when i picked this up... so the only thing the game could do from there was exceed my expectations (which it did, i was once part of the "halo troll" crowd that just bashes on Halo because everyone else is doing it... but this title is an exceptional exception to me.)

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Legendary is difficult, but not significantly more than Heroic, I thought. Otherwise, I guess some of your points hold true. I still enjoyed the game.

ryoushi87

Mar 23, 2009
The ostrich punching and the Knights of Cydonia reference made me smile.

XBL being populated by tween banshees makes me happy X360 left my house with my younger brother.

Also, first post!

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
You may have been a little hard on Reach, but you were right on the money about the fucknuts that populate Xbox live- that part was hilarious!

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Anyone who was going to buy it already has. Still, this amuses me.

theshadavid

Nerrrrrrrd
Aug 10, 2009
I've been a long time Halo hater but I got Reach from Gamefly and I'm very pleased with it. I liked the story and haven't had any shrieking children. The difficulty thing is spot on though. And it's not Halo 3 with jet packs, it's Halo 3 with sprint (thank god).

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Ah, Erin. I too enjoy sitting in my comfy chair, wearing my comfy robe, with a glass full of rodent and a heart full of hate. Also, ostriches are severely under-represented in games. Where's the love?

The only thing lacking is the mention of the handgun being returned to its former state (or so I heard in John Funk's review [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8101-Review-Halo-Reach]), which means that it could probably kill God with half a magazine.

Sonofadiddly

Dec 19, 2009
Celtic_Kerr said:
I died at the "Fuck you and your children" part.

And I loved the muse quote as well
Second.

I think this was my favorite strip so far. Pretty much every panel was filled with hilarity. Heheh, "Skullbert."

MazzaTheFirst

Jul 1, 2009
Heh, the difficulty settings are about right. Though Legendary is laughable easy if you go the plasma pistol + magnum/battle rifle route.

First run through I just played it like Doom. See enemies, shoot them. Look for more enemies to shoot. Rinse and repeat. I quite enjoyed it that way.

If anything a BIG step up from ODST. That was just... I didn't like it, let me say that much.

Inco

Swarm Agent
Sep 12, 2008
Regardless on the overall feelings of the comic.
The Difficulty settings definitely got me laughing.

They need more difficulties like that screen.
Absolutely humorous.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
TLatshaw said:
Instead of punching ostriches and wearing a jetpack, you should be able to punch people from your mount on a jetpack-wearing ostrich.

Instant 5% increase on Metacritic, guaranteed.
One word: "Joust".

Although technically it isn't a first-person game, and it's more like a long pointy thing rather than a punchy thing.