Critical Miss: #37

TLatshaw

Aug 30, 2010
TheMadDoctorsCat said:
TLatshaw said:
Instead of punching ostriches and wearing a jetpack, you should be able to punch people from your mount on a jetpack-wearing ostrich.

Instant 5% increase on Metacritic, guaranteed.
One word: "Joust".

Although technically it isn't a first-person game, and it's more like a long pointy thing rather than a punchy thing.
But of course. You don't see anyone complaining about there being too many Joust titles out there. If you're going to put Ostrich-like creatures in your game, you might as well go for it.

CRoone

Jul 1, 2010
*snicker* Ostrich-punching and shrieking teenage shitcrickets. I wasn't expecting that first one, but hey, it's Halo we're talking about. Multiplayer is pretty much the only point it's ever had. Too bad Microsoft is still going to bank off of it, though. I was expecting better.

Sheinen

Apr 22, 2009
I thoroughly agree with every point you've made...I still liked the game, but that doesn't mean I can't poke holes in it's many, many flaws. Plus, Fuck you and your children - HA! AND THEN they make a shitcricket achievement out of completing it by yourself in Legendary mode...the whole point of that mode was to put some challenge in the co-op campaign! It shouldn't be played alone! You'll end up ramming something pointy and hard through your very expensive new TV!

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
I am often called a Newish Digger Maggot by screaming pre-pubescent.... Bankers.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
You know, maybe I'm incredibly lucky, or just don't play enough, but I almost never encounter the shrieking swearing preteens that you hear so much about. Hell, most people don't even wear headphones. In several years of playing, I think I could count on my fingers the number of truly unpleasant people I've encountered on Xbox Live. And there was an easy solution for dealing with that. It's called the Mute feature.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
meh, I like Halo, and I am loving this game. Jorge was awesome, too....

and lol @ that Muse quote. that song does have the greatest video ever.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Punching Ostriches was the only part of Halo Reach I liked too...

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
Xbox Live isn't all full of obnoxious preteen jockstrap jockeys. It's just Halo, Call of Duty and Gears of War.

Any game that skews to an older demographic - Street Fighter for instance - is full of 35-year-old grognards who will amiably chat with you as they pound your face into the dirt. It takes the sting out of losing.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Robyrt said:
Xbox Live isn't all full of obnoxious preteen jockstrap jockeys. It's just Halo, Call of Duty and Gears of War.

Any game that skews to an older demographic - Street Fighter for instance - is full of 35-year-old grognards who will amiably chat with you as they pound your face into the dirt. It takes the sting out of losing.
We must be playing a different Street Fighter. I'm playing IV and it's full of trash talking, rage quitting, douchelords.

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
Grey Carter said:
Robyrt said:

We must be playing a different Street Fighter. I'm playing IV and it's full of trash talking, rage quitting, douchelords.
See, there you go. I was playing HD Remix. 14-year-old Jason generally lacks the intelligence to download an XBLA game that isn't on the welcome page, let alone play it in an era before the SF4 arcade sticks were in stores.

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
Great comic, once again. It always baffled me just how bad (and short!) the stories seemed to be in Halo games, especially in this day and age when I can go pick up a title like Dragon Age and actually be interested in it for literally hundreds of hours. Did you know the original plan for Halo: Reach was to have seven members of Noble Team? I don't think I could handle such a large amount of failed character growth.

Also, Muse is my favorite band. So props for that.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
I actually haven't had any unpleasant screaming occur in my ear. I think it was because I prioritized it so that it would give me games with people who don't rape my eardrums. Although humorous this comic was rather unnecessarily harsh. Also I know for a fact that you remember Kat.