The final boss was a QTE

Seriously? All that hype and good praise, for a QTE? *facepalm*

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
direkiller said:
> quickscope grue
Code:
I don't know the word 'quickscope'. [http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/28/28044.jpg]
Wow...meta meta meta references.
i figured it was time for some grews

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
There is a QTE battle... with a rat?

-watches video-

Okay that's... different.

I love how the guy flips the rat off just before he dies.

Ima842

Jan 8, 2011
spoilers goddammit, my copy didn't arrived.
And now all of you guys spoiled the rat fight thingy.

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
That QET was a real dick move.
Seriously, these were the worst QTEs I've ever seen. Not only did they have no ryhme or reason behind when you had to press the buttons, but they were completely unnecessary as well, as evidenced by the rat incident. It's like they hopped on a bandwagon that was already stuck in the mud.

The entire single player campaign came off as a poor CoD ripoff. The multiplayer is already fantastic, if you're going to add a single player campaign then you could at least put some freaking effort into it.

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
Tank207 said:

-watches video-

As I recall he also flips it off when he kills it. You see, if this was the only QTE in the game, then it would come off as a hilarious parody of CoD and other games. Unfortunately there's another 30 or so QTEs so it instead comes off as mindless trend following.

There are three golden rules for QTEs:

1) Don't do them.

2) See rule #1.

3) They should never kill your character and make you reload. (Also, see rule #1 above.)

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
ReiverCorrupter said:
Tank207 said:

-watches video-

As I recall he also flips it off when he kills it. You see, if this was the only QTE in the game, then it would come off as a hilarious parody of CoD and other games. Unfortunately there's another 30 or so QTEs so it instead comes off as mindless trend following.
There are really that many? Yeah that's a pretty stupid design choice.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
That rat QTE was the best moment in the game hands down. The other QTEs though... Eh not so much

I'm guessing that the final boss is gonna be a QTE as well... I can't blame them though it's a faux realistic war shooter, s' not like they can throw in Mecha Hitler as a final boss

No final boss from those types of game is ever gonna be good. (broad sweeping statement go!)

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007

That was the first thing that came to mind when I came across that rat, which made me laugh.

I went into playing that campaign expecting nothing out of it because Battlefield has always been a multiplayer experience for me. So I guess a laugh is a plus. QTE can go die in a hole though.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
The fighter part.. i have see it on the net in full.. looked boring.
At that point, they might have made a cutscene out of it for what little the player could do.

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
Tank207 said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
Tank207 said:

-watches video-

There are really that many? Yeah that's a pretty stupid design choice.
No, I was exaggerating. But there are a lot and they aren't just limited to boss fights, there are times where someone will attack you in the middle of a level and you have to go through a QTE for no apparent reason.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Not even trying anymore, are they? They should just release the next game with an interactive firing range to train you for multiplayer, since MP is all they care about these days.

Or, alternatively, as today's comic has so brilliantly suggested, "Press LMB To Not Wet Yourself (And Then Die)".

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
The Rogue Wolf said:
Not even trying anymore, are they? They should just release the next game with an interactive firing range to train you for multiplayer, since MP is all they care about these days.

Or, alternatively, as today's comic has so brilliantly suggested, "Press LMB To Not Wet Yourself (And Then Die)".
But...Single player is important. They said so.

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
I know there's probably a more obvious reference in the tag, but I keep thinking of Tegan and Sara.
you probably shouldn't spend all night losing your mind over it.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Okay, I thought that might an exaggeration, but after seeing the rat QTE death, it might not be exaggerated enough.

Ralphfromdk said:
The rat part was actually the best part of the whole campaign. I even died the first time from the shear amount of "wtf" that was going through me mind. Little bastard got me killed.

But I got my revenge. Stabbed him good. Silly rat. Thinking you can beat my time/space manipulating respawn skills.

Captcha: noxthist zool.........What?
I think that is supposed to be Zuul.
Zuul, ************! Zuul!