Critical Miss: Children of Steam #4

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
DynamicPenguin said:
Don't really know why it works like that, I always just assumed the first Richard was a total dick to people or something.
My thoughts on it:

Richard ---> Germans take name, pronounce as Rickard ---> Shortened to Rick ---> English take name, one guy thinks to change R to D ---> That catches on for some reason, and Dick is born!

OT:

Haha... Mountain of dongs. :p

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
I have no idea who those two guys are supposed to be but funny comic nonetheless.

I'm surprised some people actually had to have the Slowbro point out the Dickens joke. That's... unsettling.

Mullahgrrl

Apr 20, 2008
BrunDeign said:
I have no idea who those two guys are supposed to be but funny comic nonetheless.

I'm surprised some people actually had to have the Slowbro point out the Dickens joke. That's... unsettling.
No, you see, there was also a writer called Dickens.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Oh so they're supposed to be the writers of the webcomic? That makes sense. They appear in the Civ 5 one with Ghandi too!

FarmerMonkey

Mar 31, 2010
CitySquirrel said:
Jonluw said:
It was always funny to me how English people name their children after genitalia.
I wonder who was the first to name his kid Dick.
[sub]No offense intended towards people whose names are Dick.[/sub]
The father of my mother's friend was named Richard Handy, but went by "Dick." Mom's friend was always mortified when he answered the phone "Dick Handy!"

On topic: 'Twas a fine epic indeed. I hope to see more like this in the future!
I remember in high school gym class we threw javelins one time, and the brand name was "Dick Held", which was hysterical.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009

Although I'd wish we'd get off this Children of Steam thing.....

[sub][sub]Hehehe.... get off...[/sub][/sub]