Critical Miss: Children of Steam #4

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
HK_01 said:
So, where did these two guys come from? Are they the slowpokes from IGN, now transformed into humans?
They're two guys erin found outside the escapist HQ, I assume they're the guys that write the comic. So they were arguing with a character in their comic about how much their comic sucks. And they're slobros not slowpokes.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
fanklok said:
HK_01 said:
So, where did these two guys come from? Are they the slowpokes from IGN, now transformed into humans?
They're two guys erin found outside the escapist HQ, I assume they're the guys that write the comic. So they were arguing with a character in their comic about how much their comic sucks. And they're slobros not slowpokes.
Ah, thanks for clarifying!

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
HK_01 said:
fanklok said:
HK_01 said:
Ah, thanks for clarifying!
You should've already known the difference between slowpoke and slobro.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
I cracked up at the end. I totally get it bro!
Who didn't burst out laughing at that!? I was giggling already at Grey's analogy with Charles Dickens, but the slowbros really won me over. XD

ensouls

Feb 1, 2010
Kalezian said:
Jonluw said:
It was always funny to me how English people name their children after genitalia.
I wonder who was the first to name his kid Dick.
[sub]No offense intended towards people whose names are Dick.[/sub]

Dick is somehow a short version of Richard.

how, I do no know, I guess the first Richard was just a real Dick.
I don't know the origin either, but I've got to wonder if that slang was around when Dickens named a character "Dick Swiveller."

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
HK_01 said:
No, the slowbros are still slowbros. The new guys are the authors making a cameo, I think.

But I'm really liking this arc in the comic. It's pretty creative, different kind of humor. I hope it goes on for a while longer. And this comic was really well done, in terms of structure and pace.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Anyone else see the sort-of shark in panel 4?

No, just me...I only saw it temporarily anyway :S

I laughed. Good old dick jokes.

Feb 13, 2008
Jonluw said:
It was always funny to me how English people name their children after genitalia.

School dinner specialty: Sponge with raisins

Skykema was rolling about laughing at the place in London on Escapism

But, given that fanny to us is female front bottom, you can imagine how funny we find the American fanny-packs, or Fanny Mae.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Jonluw said:
Try to have your last name be Dick and your first name be Donald...

That's my grandpa.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
I actually really enjoyed this one :p

Especially the use of "bollocks". I don't hear that lovely word enough on the internet, but thankfully it's rather popular where I'm from in real life Ireland.

I wonder if the creators are British....

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Jonluw said:

School dinner specialty: Sponge with raisins

Skykema was rolling about laughing at the place in London on Escapism

But, given that fanny to us is female front bottom, you can imagine how funny we find the American fanny-packs, or Fanny Mae.
Okay, "cockfosters" is just disturbing to me. "Foster", you see, is Norwegian for fetus.