Critical Miss: Children of Steam #6: Carrying the Light

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:

Fuck you.

Whenever that song is mentioned, it's stuck in my head for the next week.
IT MUST HAVE BEEN SUMTHIN YOU SAID!!!!

*cough*

I love that song.

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
I love the pictures of them together by the water waiting for a Shellder to latch onto their tails.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Talcon said:
Looking forward to the final confrontation with Gaben. Was also hoping for some more fun being poked at Slowbros still oblivious to the growing monster that is Steam and PC Gaming, but I guess it still isn't late for that. Somehow I can image that last panel being greatly improved by replacing it with the CAD miscarriage panel.
To be honest, I don't think there's a single comic out there that wouldn't be greatly improved by adding the CAD miscarriage panel.

Talcon said:
Hey bro-Carter, how many days in advance are these comics done? Like, if something in the news struck your interest, and you wanted it out ASAP, how soon would it be out without skipping ahead of a comic already finished and waiting to be released? Or do you take the South Park approach and get them finished at the last minute?
When we first started we had a buffer of like 8 strips. By the time a strip was hitting the site the news was already out of date (even more so than it is when we do strips now) and we actually had to abandon certain strips purely because we didn't have time to run them.
Now we literally go comic by comic, generally submitting comics in the early hours of the morning the day before, then there's a mad dash to fix all the typos and other bullshit I missed. I suspect Elizabeth (our editor since Susan abandoned us to the harsh internet wastes) wishes us dead every time we do this. Luckily she's too polite to say anything.
There's always the concern that I will drinking myself into a coma or Cory will develop the Hanta virus or something but we've managed to avoid that so far. We've produced over a hundred comics (I think) so far without missing a single deadline (technically) or having one of those single panel sketch days. No mean feat, IMO.

PurpleSkull

Mar 20, 2009
Burningsok said:
Polock said:
PurpleSkull said:
Remember when this comic was about videogames? Good 'ol days...
It still is.
yep, it is. It's all about a post-Steam world where everyone has gone insane. Purpleskull... meh who am I kidding. No need for me to make a big deal out of this and start insulting. Don't worry bro I'm sure it will continue back on track.
Exactly. It's still about steam and nerd-zombies rampaging. I liked the idea when they started. Now it's just stretched too far. And all I see in this one are two slowpokes reliving the good old times and one has to get shot in the end. I dislike steam and the ridiculous dependency to it too, but how about a change of subject man...

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
These cataclysmic events later inspired Chad... Or Doug... Or whoever the fuck the surviving one is... To make a game that would forever be lauded as the best ever made. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC9pjbei_bc] Especially with the Dawgs at IGN.

Burck

Aug 9, 2009
Cool story bro

Oh sweet mother of meta-mellow-dramatic.
That nearly evoked some man-tears ;(

I loved the old photos!
R.I.P. bro.

Addendum: The "Bro" count is currently at 162 as of this post.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
PurpleSkull said:
Remember when this comic was about videogames? Good 'ol days...
That's what I was thinking. What is going on with this zombie theme and slowbros?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Hehe, thats kinda funny but also serious, but in the Last panel, all I could see in my mind for the next panel is that he missed.