Critical Miss: Connor Morgan

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
Erin looks quite smexy in this comic. The clothes of the lady from Homefront help. A lot.

Also a whole lot of those things make sense, but only in hindsight really. And in reality, under the truck wouldn't have worked so well because you don't really "blend in" with the ground as well as with other bodies.

The other two I agree with however. Didn't need the white phosphorous, and he could have thrown that flare.

However you are kind of spoiling a WHOLE LOT of things here. Mainly the whole "Connor kicking it" thing.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
3rd Panel: Guns don't have eyes!
BrunDeign said:
However you are kind of spoiling a WHOLE LOT of things here. Mainly the whole "Connor kicking it" thing.
Did your really expect it to end any other way?

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
Eric the Orange said:
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but when did Erin gain a bottom lip?
This is true, I thought that she'd been looking different lately, I like her before she had a bottom lip...

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
I'm assuming this is some kind of Yankee reference to something (Possibly involving Red Dawn or whatever) anyone want to fill me in?

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
Eric the Orange said:
Quite a while ago. I think the first instance was when she is sat playing with the 3DS at her friend's house.

OT: Love the comic. Connor is an idiot.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
But, but... they're dead bodies!!! And also, you can never go wrong with Willy Petes, NEVER!!!*

*[sub]Note, this is not from experience, just from movies.[/sub]

Also, Captcha: seen dithead

Make of that what you will...

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Nice Bayonetta reference at the end. =P

Maybe you guys can do a comic about what a piece of shit Magicka is?

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
Now just give me a strip about the annoyance of only getting to open one door throughout the entire campaign, and you'll have hit every annoyance in the game.

Seriously, there are probably a hundred doors, and the AI walks at about half your speed, so you have to wait on them all the damn time.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
God I hated Connor. He was like a bad idea factory.

Ajna said:
Now just give me a strip about the annoyance of only getting to open one door throughout the entire campaign, and you'll have hit every annoyance in the game.

Seriously, there are probably a hundred doors, and the AI walks at about half your speed, so you have to wait on them all the damn time.
Don't forget that invisible wall that prevents you from walking ahead of them :3

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Yeah, I noticed the Koreans landed in one area of the entire football field. Hell, they could have hidden behind or in the truck...

I remember the Koreans shooting the bodies, and they just happen to shoot at the very edges of the pile, never shooting anywhere near you

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Great comic, but not enough wolverines. I demand more BLOODY WOLVERINES!!!

Is this guy seriously this stupid in the game? Not like I expected much from the story (or CM not exaggerating anything), but that does strike me as retarded...

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
A Curious Fellow said:
This is hilarious without context, but what game is it about?
At first I thought it was Left 4 Dead, you know, with all the corpses. But apparently it's Homefront!

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Oh its a Homefront joke... That explains why I had no idea who the hell Connor Morgan was.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
The bodies thing was perfectly reasonable; it was closer, and under something else would've been way to easy to spot.

The WPs were fine.....until Hopper fucked it up and misfired.

The flare thing though....yeah.......why not just toss it?

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
No! The Flare thing was an incredibly noble thing to do!

Connor removed himself from the gene-pool!
Future generations might never inherit his stupidity!

A wonderful act of self-sacrifice for the future of the human race as a whole.

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
Also.. WHY DID CONNOR HAVE TO KILL GOLIATH!

He was the only character I liked.

He wasn't much of a cliche.
He was obviously the most effective fighter in the entire resistance.
He never speaks and thus has the best dialogue of all characters.

R.I.P sweet rolling robotic prince!

The only thing worse was Goliath's North Korean twin brother tried to get his just revenge, and the game forced us to put him down.
That was personally the most difficult thing for me to do in the entire game.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
KefkaCultist said:
Oh its a Homefront joke... That explains why I had no idea who the hell Connor Morgan was.
Don't feel bad. I most certainly have no idea wtf Homefront is.

Still a funny comic

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
Sir John the Net Knight said:
How so, based on my own experiene and what opinion of basially every other review/rant i have seen the only problem was the bugs whih they have been working hard on fixing, i loved magika they really made something new with the enormous spell system and they made it feel natural to use.

But you seem to strongly disagree and i would love to hear about it in details if you have the time.

Edit: hmm my "see" key appears to be broken, please add additional "see"s where needed ^^.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Nice Bayonetta reference at the end. =P

huh, that's what I thought it was
also, HF has some sh*t script

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Well, I haven't played Homefront yet. If I had it, I wouldn't have gotten it for story.

Crysis 2 is my $60 game of the year this year. I'm getting it. And probably Gears 3 as well. But Homefront? He really doesn't just toss it and run? Damn.

And does the game actually show him with his spine sticking out and still alive? Because that's disturbing as hell.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Yeah, the moment I heard "white phosphorus" (I haven't played homefront, only watched Tobuscus' Let's Play) I was thinking "Who am I supposed to be rooting for again? Use of that stuff in war is banned for a reason."

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Drummie666 said:
Yeah, the moment I heard "white phosphorus" (I haven't played homefront, only watched Tobuscus' Let's Play) I was thinking "Who am I supposed to be rooting for again? Use of that stuff in war is banned for a reason."
The straw liberal (Rianna) who quite naturally gets deliberalised when she realises the "harsh realities of war"(tm) puts up a hilarious token response every time Connor wants to do something retarded/out right unethical.

"No, Connor! This stuff is inhumane!"
"Shut up!"
"Okay..."

That pretty much sums every interaction Connor has with every character. Connor tells them to do something retarded, they protest, he tells them to do it again. They do it. This reaches ridiculous heights (pun intended) when he demands Hopper throws himself from a helicopter onto a speeding tanker.

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
omg... Panel 2 had me laugh so hard. Summed up Connor in a nutshell there. He was a total douchebag. Love the way he has the exact same "hard stare" in every single panel.

Well played, Good Sirs.. Well played!

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well, now we know: Erin's rat is Picatinny-rail compatible!

[small]Seriously, you never know when knowledge like that might come in handy.[/small]

Also, more reason for me to wait until Homefront hits the $20 mark, I suppose.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Celtic_Kerr said:
Yeah, I noticed the Koreans landed in one area of the entire football field. Hell, they could have hidden behind or in the truck...

I remember the Koreans shooting the bodies, and they just happen to shoot at the very edges of the pile, never shooting anywhere near you
I noticed that too, it was fucking ridiculous, I have a feeling I know the next comic will about, MORE of Homefront's stupidity.

Soviet Heavy said:
Don't worry about Connor. You can thank him later.
Well I'll just thank him now, thank you Connor, thank you for removing yourself from the genepool.

HankMan said:
3rd Panel: Guns don't have eyes!
That's a rat on the gun.

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
Connor's so manly he maintains that same look even after being blown in half.

Ajna

Doublethinker
Mar 19, 2009
icyneesan said:

Ajna said:

Don't forget that invisible wall that prevents you from walking ahead of them :3
It's less of an "invisible wall that prevents you from walking ahead", and more of an "invisible slip n' slide surrounding the area where the next door is, that only appears when your allies finally deign to show up".

nipsen

Sep 20, 2008
Grey Carter said:
Drummie666 said:
The straw liberal (Rianna) who quite naturally gets deliberalised when she realises the "harsh realities of war"(tm) puts up a hilarious token response
..it's much more fun to play the game when you realise that all of them are members of the "Completely Clueless Party" (CCP), rather than the traditional kind of political movement.

Seriously, though - they're put in a situation where they have the opportunity to live out their token political convictions. One is about to get shot in the lobes while praying for their life, the other becomes a fanatical murderer.

Great comic this week, by the way. Smiles and laughs.

[zonking great]

Aug 20, 2008
I agree with the first and last thingies. But the second? That wasn't Connor's fault. Hopper misfired the second round.

And why does the girl STILL HAVE SIDEBURNS?!

Nick Holmgren

Feb 13, 2010
It is more fun if you have some friends to play with and are somewhat drunk/smashed.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
only the last thing really stands IMO
they coulda (probably did) check the trucks and the whole friendly FIRE thing wasn't exactly Connor's fault(?)
the last one...well the man sure was impulsive and ruthless (reckless)

TheKwertyeweyoppe

Jan 1, 2010
TheSYLOH said:

I have to agree, why not put the C4 on a semi trailer and tape a brick to the accelerator? I saw plenty of those. They could hold more explosives as well, and why did i need to shoot him with a conveniantly placed RPG? They could have used triggers.

Also why did the bombers need flares to see a platoon of tanks? It's a fucking bridge, not many places for them to hide. he at least could have lit the flare where he was and said here, but more forwards. and why didn't the tanks just blast his sorry ass off the edge? It seemed like they just let him run between them holding a flare and yelling 'bomb this thing!'.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
icyneesan said:

Ajna said:

Honestly, from what Ive played, I like Homefront thus far, but the fucking doors... I would make it mandatory, regardless of the context of the game, that all FPSs have to let you open doors... or at least Bad Company your way through with grenades and C4.

Nov 12, 2010
The bodies were better just solely for you having no time,the phosphorous is shiny and therefore necessary and I thought it was the main character who kicks the bucket.lol at the comic though

Nov 12, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Drummie666 said:
The straw liberal (Rianna) who quite naturally gets deliberalised when she realises the "harsh realities of war"(tm) puts up a hilarious token response every time Connor wants to do something retarded/out right unethical.

"Shut up!"
"Okay..."

That pretty much sums every interaction Connor has with every character. Connor tells them to do something retarded, they protest, he tells them to do it again. They do it. This reaches ridiculous heights (pun intended) when he demands Hopper throws himself from a helicopter onto a speeding tanker.
Gotta love how the dude manages to near monkey-arm his way in though.

Nov 12, 2010
WanderingFool said:
icyneesan said:

Ajna said:

Honestly, from what Ive played, I like Homefront thus far, but the fucking doors... I would make it mandatory, regardless of the context of the game, that all FPSs have to let you open doors... or at least Bad Company your way through with grenades and C4.
I have to agree there.With that one phosphorous mission,I actually glitched past the two into the tower top and had to restart when nothing happened for 10 minutes.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
no no I stand by what I said earlier, only the third and last part was Connor's own doing/fault hahaha
specifically, the second was all Hopper's...

but his expression in this comic is making me laugh so hard I dunno why hahahaha

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
winter2 said:
omg... Panel 2 had me laugh so hard. Summed up Connor in a nutshell there. He was a total douchebag. Love the way he has the exact same "hard stare" in every single panel.

Well played, Good Sirs.. Well played!
LOL he should seriously just come back in Homefront 2 (if it happens) and just be like

"what, you think a few bombs can kill me? quit fucking around and throw yourself at those tanks over there!!!"

Wrann

Sep 22, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
5 pages ago.

I do have to say that the art has defenatly gotten quite good and I even though this is funny still does not make homefront good.

daemon37

Oct 14, 2009
I really like the new art style for Erin. I hope you guys stick with this style for the future.

EDIT: I should mention that I have read the comic numerous times just because I like the art so much. I haven't done that with any of the previous issues of Critical Miss.

BroJing

Sep 16, 2010

"Shut up!"
"Okay..."

lol it is true that Connor always seems to get his way but at least the other characters argue with him a little bit, I mean in MW2 Price lets off a freaking nuke and all you do is the equivalent of Family Guys 'Ohhh Nooooo' Guy.

Have to say, really enjoying Homefront in general. My only disappointments are seeing how things could of been made alot better with a little more time and effort. Like when the Oasis gets nuked, if you had done a few more missions from there first and had time to build up any kind of relationship with the place/people it could of been a really striking image to come back to. As it was it was more of a

'Meh, gotta find some new place to store our shit Oh hey dude we only met for 5 minutes, sucks your dead and all'

Still I'd rather be disappointed that a game left me wanting more then because a game flat out sucked.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
TheSYLOH said:

He wasn't much of a cliche.
He was obviously the most effective fighter in the entire resistance.
He never speaks and thus has the best dialogue of all characters.

R.I.P sweet rolling robotic prince!

The only thing worse was Goliath's North Korean twin brother tried to get his just revenge, and the game forced us to put him down.
That was personally the most difficult thing for me to do in the entire game.
I had a nickname for Goliath...I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker the 2nd...but I never got a chance to tell him! He served us well, he will be remember...

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
In all honesty all I remember about the story while playing this game is how much I didn't care about it. Hell I'm not even sure why I bought it now.