Critical Miss: Different Creeds

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
You when I think about it you're right. I mean for the main storyline of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, it makes sense to keep it in the Renaissance, but the multiplayer? Not so much.

Loved the Top-hatted assassin killing the crowned-top-hatted-templar. Top-hat crown for the win.

Although I think I heard somewhere the next Assassin's Creed is taking place in Russia. Cue "In Soviet Russia..." jokes.
Onyx Oblivion said:
You can't go into the future when the game is set in 2012, as you can only go back in Desmond's genetic memory. And I highly doubt there were Assassins in the Stone Age, besides that fact that modern humanity and dinosaurs never co-existed.

Sorry to be a buzzkill. I actually really dig the story of the "present day" sections of Assassin's Creed more than the story within the Animus sessions. Including checking e-mail.
Are you questioning the validity of the Flintstones?

wammnebu

Sep 25, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Sorry to be a buzzkill. I actually really dig the story of the "present day" sections of Assassin's Creed more than the story within the Animus sessions. Including checking e-mail.
I have to disagree, I really like that there is finally a game about an era of history besides the medieval europe, classical mythology, and the modern day. I hope the desmond sections are few and far between in AC3, and we spend most of his time as an ancenstor in the gilded age, sneaking around st petersburg to try to foil the assassination of Czar Alexander I

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
The Cheezy One said:
zHellas said:
Oooh... And Jack the Ripper is like a rogue assassin that you have to kill!
Or you ARE J the R, that would be an interesting twist... so won't be done!
I thought that too, but didn't bother to edit and put that in because someone would have thought of it already.

CitySquirrel

Jun 1, 2010
haha I love the omnipresent cane. I think you should have inverted the prehistoric and the space ones though. Anyway, awesome comic!

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
It would be so epic for Assassin's Creed to be set in Victorian times!

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Trucken said:
I'm loving AC: Brotherhood so far, but I am annoyed that we're still stuck in Italy with Ezio. And god damn it, I want to assassinate a dinosaur.

A Dinosaur with a Top Hat and Monocle my good man!

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Hahahaha I serious LOL'd at Stout's "Jizzed in my Pants" face in the last panel. Imagination can be a very fun thing *wink wink Nudge nudge*

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Was that an almost coolface in the last panel?

Also, cool comic, someone should make an Assassin's Creed where you can just pick time's and places and just run around killing, THE ULTIMATE SANDBOX, UNLIMITED BY TIME AND SPACE

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
zHellas said:
The Cheezy One said:
zHellas said:
Or you ARE J the R, that would be an interesting twist... so won't be done!
I thought that too, but didn't bother to edit and put that in because someone would have thought of it already.
Only problem with playing as Jack The Ripper, he wasn't so much an assassin, just a twisted guy who killed hookers and took apart their insides, and even though I know we all kill the hookers in GTA so we can get our money back, I think something like that would cause a lot of controversy and also, not make a very good game, especially considering I think Jack only killed like 4 or 5 people.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
zHellas said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
zHellas said:
I completely agree with Stout on that.

Though I'm not sure how possible it is for space assassination.
Hang under the landing gear until orbit is acheived?

>.>
You'd die quickly from the exhaust.

Missing SHODAN said:
I was more excited by Victorian England Assassin's Creed. Top hats improve everything.

YES!

I honestly never have been this excited for an Idea.

Only the tophead goes a bit against the whole 'eagle' idea of the hood. But I'm sure they can sort that out.

Tahmoh

Sep 1, 2008
I'd like one set during the french revolution so we can do abit of scarelt pimpernelling around paris and shit :)

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
Depression Era, gangsters everywhere. That would be awesome. That said, what I really want is a nerf on the counter move and an improvement of difficulty.

Ultra_Caboose

Aug 25, 2008
I just had a cheerful moment when I realized that there could actually be a mission described as, "Leave the shuttle and kill the Space King."

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
Outright Villainy said:
Victorian Assassin's creed would be super sweet, and bitchin'.
Simultaneously.

Yeah I agree completely with that. I was really dissapointed that Brotherhood again took place in renessaince italy, although I can understand the decision since it's a lot more cost effective because they'll be able to recycle so many of the resources used in AC2.