Critical Miss: God Emperor of Steam: Epilogue

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
Eh, a superhuman who conquers the galaxy is more fun than a guy who makes the spice flow.
But the other one is also a superhuman who conquers the galaxy...

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
WanderingFool said:
Poor Nathen... he got the hose.
Maybe it should have rubbed the lotion on it's skin then. It does this whenever it is told.
Then it places the lotion in the basket.

GiantRedButton

Mar 30, 2009
theultimateend said:
I'm probably naive but doesn't anyone think that if they locked down steam that pissed off hackers would crack the software?
Valve keeps a drm free version of every game on steam and those get updated with every patch.
As soon as steam ends thesy pledged to release said versions to every steam user.
It's even safer then disks :D
But yeah if valve hadn't already done it for us, hackers would.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Doug said:
Prof. Monkeypox said:
I see what you did there...

I didn't get the "creepy Penny with the hose" thing at first, but when I realized what it was it was well worth it.

Really liking this series, still glad the story arc is over, it felt pretty long.
I still don't get it... help?

As for the rest of the comic, t'was great; poor Gabe, but yay, Episode 3!
go watch Silence of the lambs at some point it will hit you upside the head like a fish

Cymen

Apr 3, 2010
Why the hate for Steam? Just because you can't sell your games on Steam it's evil? What am I not getting here?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
KeyMaster45 said:
Way to subtly insert that "steam is evil" message guys. It was great arc, then there was that and it all made sense. I like a good fight the power message as much as the next guy but this one seems like it was really shoe-horned at the end because someone felt that there just had to be a message involved.

Other than that, great story arc.
It was pun fodder. Don't take it so harsh. ;)

SergeXIII

Feb 7, 2010
theriddlen said:
Lol @ the children using his belly as a trampoline:)
I liked it better when it was done, exactly the same way (which accounts for the drastic change in scenery and tone), in the Venture Brothers.

ChieftainStag

Apr 14, 2011
(might pull a captain obvious) I really liked this miniseries the ending pulled from knowledge i had recently acuired so I got most of the jokes, such as the elevator comic being a tribute to the intro of bioshock, and almost the entire ending (save a few parts) taking place as the ending of Watchmen did. although I don't quite get what else the lever could be. could someone point this out? thanks.
EDIT: nvm.

jo291

Mar 10, 2011
Why do you guys hate steam and valve so much?

Why do you consider them to be "the man" and completely ignore everything that they have done for the modding and indie community and yet don't understand that every single other game company out there wants to make as much money as possible just like steam?

Or does the one simple difference that you cant sell your games automatically make them EVILZ?

Maybe I'm missing something or misunderstood the point.

Micah Jones

Apr 19, 2010
And to answer the question about steam: Though I do not hate steam, and actually quite enjoy their services, it's fine print that makes them seem... Dangerous. You see, I don't really care if I can't sell my games, it's the fact that they reserve the right to take our games away without warning and without the Ned to pay us back. If they wanted, your entire gaming library could disappear. I trust valve, and I do not believe that they would do such a thing, but the fact that they could is more what this arc is pointing out. What is our should be ours, no strings attached, on top of that, as stated, I trust valve. I do NOT trust other companies so much, and if they started taking this point under their terms of service as well, things could get bad. I don't want to give examples and fall prey to the slippery slope form of arguments, but the possibilities do scare me.