Critical Miss: God Emperor of Steam: Epilogue

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
The Disc is actually a phylactery, as more people download Ep 3, he will inadvertedly gain financial power, afterall, thats how companies work; through the consumers.

Wow, metaphorical!

Ohh Sharon, secretly pulling the strings. <3

Wonder how many Sharon fans there are on here? :eek:

wehrp3nguin

Dec 21, 2009
Gabe's costume in this should be the TF2 item for pre-ordering Episode 3, or a Gabe mod along the lines of that Halloween event last year.

Wolfbane_Daoine

Mar 2, 2011
So if Nathan doesn't rub the lotion on his skin, does that make him a hoser?

Also, this comic clears up the -real- reason as to why he wasn't cast in the upcoming Uncharted movie. No one could contact him as he's being held hostage by Penny :p

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
Grey Carter said:
The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor.
Classic.

PS: It took me a while to figure-out the fifth panel, but then I couldn't stop laughing :D

mew1234321

Oct 15, 2009
Sebenko said:
Is it wrong that, out of all the characters in this comic, I would hit on Penny?

Anyway, awesome. We'll never see ep.3 though.
Then I'm wrong and loving it. :D

Loves2spooge

Apr 13, 2009
I'm pretty sure with Valve's stance on gamers and content; if they were ever to go bust I'm certain they'd allow their users to continue accessing their purchased content.

And besides, Gabe's worth anywhere from $3-4 Billion, I doubt he'll be taking any financial hits soon.

Dr. Wily III

Jul 27, 2009
He is dead? Yeah, right,in the sequel he will come back and repuuken the shit out of those meddling kids.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
loves2spooge said:
I'm pretty sure with Valve's stance on gamers and content; if they were ever to go bust I'm certain they'd allow their users to continue accessing their purchased content.
For Valve's games I believe that's certainly true. But the vast majority of games on steam now are not Valve games. I doubt other publishers would let them be so lax with the DRM.

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
Grey Carter said:
Mysnomer said:
Grey Carter said:
Critical Miss: God Emperor of Steam: Epilogue

The Emperor is dead. Long live the Emperor.

Read Full Article
I noticed you slipped "cox" onto the disc. Truly, your skill at inserting dick jokes (pun noted but not intended) knows no bounds.

Okay, wait, she said "inadvertently shooting down the gaming community's one chance to be free of a grotesque monopoly." Was she referring to turning Steam back on, b/c then the use of "inadvertently" doesn't make any sense. They turned it back on purposefully.
They turned it back on because zombies were spewing out of the walls at the time. Keeping Valve in power was an obvious, but unintended, side effect.

Edit: And "Cox" isn't a dick joke. At least it's not supposed to be a dick joke. It's actually another Silence of the Lambs reference.
Well, obviously, they should have taken control themselves. Then they could make sure the power is never abused. That always works out, right guys? Right? Anybody?

As to the Cox thing, I haven't seen Silence of the Lambs yet, and you like to flaunt your propensity for phallic humor, so I'm sure you can understand my confusion.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
The Cheezy One said:
You think he's dead now... but there is a golden throne... the god-emperor will not die...
Soviet Heavy said:
The Golden Throne sits empty. Darkness shall consume humanity...
No, no, no. Wrong God-Emperor. They're talking about the other one.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Arachon said:
The Cheezy One said:
You think he's dead now... but there is a golden throne... the god-emperor will not die...
Soviet Heavy said:
The Golden Throne sits empty. Darkness shall consume humanity...
No, no, no. Wrong God-Emperor. They're talking about the other one.
Eh, a superhuman who conquers the galaxy is more fun than a guy who makes the spice flow.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
I'm probably naive but doesn't anyone think that if they locked down steam that pissed off hackers would crack the software?